Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Medi-spread (A Team R Production)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt

This is a deck I've been working on with Zach, Omar, Ryan, etc (Team R) since States. It spreads damage like Destiny, while disrupting to set up KOs later in the game.

3 meditite
3 medicham ex
2 absol ex
1 ray ex d
4 eevee
1 umbreon ex
2 jolteon ex
1 vaporeon ex
1 espeon ex
1 mew ex
1 holon's voltorb
1 holon's electrode

4 Holon Transceiver
2 Holon Mentor
1 Holon Scientist
1 Holon Adventurer
1 Holon Lass
2 Holon Legacy
2 Crystal Beach
2 Giant Stump
3 Mary's Request
4 elm's training
1 switch
1 warp point
1 Scott
1 copycat

4 multi
5 lightning
4 fighting

Strategy: The ideal start is either Mew or Meditite, although if you start with Eevee, Jolteon ex has free retreat. Start spreading damage by placing counters on the focal point of the opponent's deck, by use of Medicham's Pure Power and Jolteon ex's PokePower. Clean up with Ray ex d or Umbreon/anything.

Thoughts?

yea man when you said that i was like >.> when i checked again and there was 1. Also you only have 1 ray ex d and have no way to search for it. I guess you can cff it >.>

my friend lionheart has tried to do a 2-2 and various tech but he thinks just absols and eeveelutions works like nuts and still has the best consistency. =)

That didn't come out quite how I meant...

I don't feel that I need 4-4 Medicham at all, so Mew is basically just another Pokemon that can spread damage. It's kinda like running a 3-4 Medicham line, except the 4th Medicham is a basic and instead of stopping powers, I gain attacks. One idea is to replace it with a Researcher or Lanette, but then I go down to 3 preferred starts, or to take out an Absol and a Stadium to run 2 more. I'd rather not drop an Absol because being able to move the counters onto a Safeguarder, then Fastwaving them is just hot.

Empoleon is very cool looking and features some nice attacks, it's something I've looked into in a similar deck, but this focuses more on disruption than that would.

Infernape has the same speed advantage against most basics/stage 1s, so it's not a huge concern to me. It's gonna hurt even if I don't run Mew.

No cursed stone kinda hurts the ability to spread damage. I would find someway to add another jolty.I dont see anything wrong with honestly,but how consitant is it??

I don't feel Medicham ex is a playable card at the moment. It has a pretty bad weakness, and many of the decks it's body hurts have cards that can deal with it pretty well (lugia, latias*). I think the kicker is Medicham only doing 60 for 3. Sure, it can do 70 if they have resistance to fighting. But there isn't much with fighting resistance out there (Flygon d) and it's still only 70. If you ran a crystal shard, it might help improve that matchup.

If your looking for a pokemon to spread damage, I'd look elsewhere. Even with 4 eevee, 2 mentor doesn't seem like enough. I don't understand the crystal beach and the holon's electrode. Seem to contradict each other.

Decent idea, but I think you're trying to accomplish too much with the deck.

I don't feel Medicham ex is a playable card at the moment. It has a pretty bad weakness, and many of the decks it's body hurts have cards that can deal with it pretty well (lugia, latias*). I think the kicker is Medicham only doing 60 for 3. Sure, it can do 70 if they have resistance to fighting. But there isn't much with fighting resistance out there (Flygon d) and it's still only 70. If you ran a crystal shard, it might help improve that matchup.

If your looking for a pokemon to spread damage, I'd look elsewhere. Even with 4 eevee, 2 mentor doesn't seem like enough. I don't understand the crystal beach and the holon's electrode. Seem to contradict each other.

Decent idea, but I think you're trying to accomplish too much with the deck.

I guess you've never seen BOOM before?

One trode and CB doesn't contradict each other, because many times the CB doesn't stick, it's windstormed away. The trode is just an out.

One trode and CB doesn't contradict each other, because many times the CB doesn't stick, it's windstormed away. The trode is just an out.

True.
I ran 3 crystal beach (7 gyms total) and 2 holon trode in my superstantler deck. The gym is pretty situational, so there's the right time to play, even with trode on list.

About the deck: The idea is cool, but no expressive. I can't see any constant damage. You really depend on: opp full bench (to play jolteon), the right time to play absol and stuff like that...

Also, 30 is a small damage for an EX to do, even doing the way you want.
My oppinion: change chan to jynx UF, even with less HP, it can put 4 dmg counters, and its not an EX...

If 1 CB won't stick most of the time, why run it? Sounds pretty odd to do it if you know it isn't going to stick.

Why does Absolutions need Medicham? What does Medicham bring the deck that outweighs the weaknesses it brings?

Figure that out, and we can go from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Medicham is so bad in the current format, I fail to see how this is ANY Better then a REGULAR consistant speed spread list.

What matchups does he help over the loss of the consistancy?

Last time I checked nobody played medicham ex for a reason....

it seems like you guys are just all stuck with FPS and want to post a less playable speed spread list to sound inovative.

Stuck with FPS?

I thought it was always a good idea to post bad ideas in this forum, even if they're duds. After all, sharing ideas (although they've been shown to be bad) is the best thing, right?

If 1 CB won't stick most of the time, why run it?

thats like saying why run Latios* in Metanite if they are just gonna come out and kill it the next turn...

Medicham is so bad in the current format, I fail to see how this is ANY Better then a REGULAR consistant speed spread list.

it seems like you guys are just all stuck with FPS and want to post a less playable speed spread list to sound inovative.

helpful posts help you make friends, i agree with Ryan here, if the deck was godly, would it be in Deck Help and strategy?

back to the list:

you are running eeveelutions w/o SSU?

IMO take out Ray ex, Mew Ex, and a stump to put in 3 SSU, gl w/ the deck.

This is why people don't post legit decks on here much...

Whats the point of working on a deck that is not viable in the first place?

Ideas are great I agree, but whats the point of ideas we already know dont work?

Should I post a torterra deck becuase its an "idea" knowing full well it wont work?

Why waste the time on that.

Id rather discuss/work on ideas that are actually viable. As they ARE out there.

So to answer your question, no ryan posting bad ideas KNOWING are duds is NOT good for the forum. Wouldnt it be SMARTER to post a Normal speed spread list? I dont see any current threads on that and it is one of the best decks if not THE best choice currently to play in this format.

If the deck WAS Godly, it should still be in here.... as there are SO many different ways to play a deck like Speed Spread that changes on perfecting a list is something that needs to be discussed.

On a related note, playing eeveelutions with SSU is not always the correct play. I dont believe it should be in the deck, the flip is hardly worth the risk of getting a tails plus this deck is really tight on consistant draw and needs every bit of help it can get rather then wasting time on sometimes dead cards like SSU.

I myself prefer playing 2 Giant Stump as a methods to Cut your bench down, so you can save space to play more eevees later after using them. Stump has so many more beneficial uses rather than a few SSU. Acting as a counter gym, healing, Disruption. So many reasons, plus you can drop it, windstorm it out and fill up your bench again.

Cutting a stump for SSU seems illogical.

Plus cutting a ray ex? the card is HUGE in match ups like Metanite, Metalix, Flygon. You definitely need him. I could never consider cutting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back