Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mew Mime - extended!

Status
Not open for further replies.

light_gengar

Okay, so here is the deck that I have been working on and perfecting for the past few months. Does it work?- like gold. This thing is solid, and stands up great with the current archtypes. If you have the time and the cards, I suggest you try this little combo out.

Pokemon- 19
2-Mr. Mime EX (odds)
2-Mr. Mime EX (evens)
2-Mew EX
3-Eevee (DS, call for family)
2-Espeon EX
3-Beldum(call for family)
2-Metang (metal ball)
3-Metagross (dx)

Energy-16
12- Psychic
4- Holon's Magneton (personal preference!)

Trainers-
2- Rare Candy
2- Warp Point
4- Energy Removal 2
4- Fieldworker
4- Rocket's Admin.
3- Professor Elm's Training Method
2- TV Reporter
4- battle frontiers

Strategy: Ideal set-up would be a Mr. Mime start, (or a Mew start with Mime on bench) a rocket's admin, and 2 psychic energy (or a psy and a holon magneton with a mew start). Typically, with this set-up, you can be cracking out 60 damage by turn 2 (Mr. Mime/Admin is a wicked combo). With a Mew start, you can use your opponents attacks as well, and if they have a starter like Plusle, this card will be your best friend. If not, you can still hope to start with a mew EX with a beldum or a eevee on the bench for a nice set up. Even starting with a beldum or a eevee is great, because then you can start with a call for family, get your bench set up, while you are loading your bench, or building a metagross or a Espeon.

Mid to late game, you want Espeon, Mew, and Mime. I can go through games without the support of Metagross, which shows just how well this deck can perform. On the same note, I have run through an opponent with a team of Metagross; this deck is seriously versatile (get it?) when it comes to the set-up at the later stages of the game. The Mew becomes the real fighter mid game, with a very nice array of attacks on the field at his disposal, especially with the 4 holon's Magneton in there. Using an opponent's attack at this point is almost always doable, and the attacks it can use on my side of the field are also very powerful and useful.

As for how the pokemon combo with the trainers, there are several things that can happen here. The most obvious is the Mr. Mime/Admin, but there are other combos that can trap your opponent. For instance, typically, people will hold onto just enough cards to be one damage counter away from a Mr. Mime Breakdown attack... fine. Drop a fieldworker, and your opponent won't pick a free card up... that is 3 cards with no reprecussion. Also, you can slap down an espeon ex and add that extra damage... KO. Another cool combo is the Espeon ex/ Admin. I love making an opponent shuffle that candied pidgeot into his deck and then knocking out the pidgey (if it's damaged) from a snap tail, delivered from Mew EX :) .

here are a few of the reviews against the current archtypes...

vs. RockLock

70/30. This is a fairly easy battle. With god hands, this deck can start off hitting, but usually, this deck takes time to set up. MewMime typically sets up faster than this deck, and the BF's are there late game to shut down EVERYTHING, and I have little to no evolution lines, along with the ability to break candies with Espeon, and also break a Dark Ampharos so darkest impulse shuts down (of course, I'd only do this if BF wasn't in play and I really needed to evolve). In some variants of this deck, they use the Spinning Tail Dark Tyranitar, and sometimes this guy sticks his head out and people stick him up there to soak up resistant attacks... but I have Mew... Spinning Tail works to my advantage in this scenario. If they get enough energy on a spining Tail T-tar (and they can keep enough energy in play in the first place with my ER2's) then the ride may get a little bumpy, but I've never encountered a deck with this variant, and also have the ability to place damage counters on him with Mr. Mime if necessary.

vs. LBS

50/50 battle. When I first started playing this deck, I was worried. It seems that the set-up is extraordinary, and this is (in my opinion) the hardest deck to battle right now. BUT, MewMime counters with it's quick set-up once more, and also has the ability to take advantage of the attack mudslide... I love beating a deck up with it's own attacks! BFs help to shut down Pidgeot, and to counter their power trees (which are usable by MewMime if necessary, seeing how I don't have any special energy cards in the discard pile). ER2's work really well to slow down the setup of the oponent, stealing a holon's Mag/trode every once in a while, and making the opponent rain dance a few more damage counters on themselves every once in a while :). Mid to late game, if I can get the opponent to activate a Lugia EX, then it's pretty much a 1 hit KO, seeing how it is weak to Psychic. Really, this battle isn't the typical "whoever sets up first, wins" because both decks have the ability to save face and turn out a quick and powerful pokemon in just a turn or two.

vs. Dragtrode

60/40. If MewMime can get setup fast and lock up the opponent with BF for a good while, then it is GG. The problem against this deck is the resistance of the Rocket's Sneasel EX, but If I can keep the ER2's rolling even, and the BF's in play, along with the Mr. Mimes loaded and a nice handful of Rocket's Admin, then You are golden. A typical win is determined when the opponent loads it's dark energies on an evolved Dragonite, and is paying more attention to ridding their hand of cards than the eevee sitting on the bench... and the Espeon EX sitting in my hand... :D. I know that It seems like there is a lot of things that would be more powerful and advantageous against MewMime, but in my experience with this deck, I take more wins than losses.

vs. Queendom

60/40. BFs to shut down Pidgeot, and to counter the Desert Ruins (which really don't do much, since they only hurt Espy). In a game where they have Pidgeot or Queen set up in turn one or turn 2, it's really hard to counter unless I've got Mew up there (to toxic right back :p) , or a naturally evolving metagross line (vs queen to stay clear from the toxics... at least for a little bit.) In this scenario, I'm usually breaking bench candies with Espy, (Sometimes breaking a candied queen with a DRE on it, or breaking a pidgeot) and building a bench while I sacrifice whatever was up there from the start. Eevee is a wonderful starter when the game starts like this, because I can usually get the espy out when I need it, and if I get toxic'd, I've got that free retreat. late game, I can usually keep switching from espy to metagross, and just connecting and retreating the metagross as he takes the damage, while I'm cracking 30, 60, 90 from the espeons and 40, 70 from the metagross. If the set up for queen is slow, where the player is looking for friends, then I can usually get into a position where I'm picking them off quickly because of nidoran and nidorina's weakness to psychic (If I can't pull off the Mime/Admin combo early). Another really interesting ko is when the opponent will try and send out a pidgeot to take a hit while he prepares a benched Queen, And I have Mew up there clutching it to death! It's also easy to use a benched pidgeot's clutch when they have a nidoran or nidorina active... OHKO. Of course, queen has the ability to set up a pretty nice bench which gives them alot of options, and since I don't have a lot of evolved pokemon on my bench at one time, I can't really take advantage of Queen's second attack (the name escapes me right now), and the flexibility of changing damage via DRE and placement of benched evolved has been the death of many a Mime. In this matchup, it's really unwise to start with a Mime and to play them throughout, so the combo is somewhat useless here.

I will post more updates later....
Here are the decks that I have actually battled and will update later:
1. MetaNite
2. Medicham (misc variations)
3. ZRE
4. Liability

Any other decks that you would like to see a review for, please ask and I will try and create the deck and play test. I would also like to hear about anyone else who has put the deck together and how they have dealt with the current archtypes. Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
Actually, Espeon ex is the only card that is hurt by it, but in return it's attack is increased to 90 damage.

If I wanted to worry about a stadium card I'd worry about Cursed Stone. Because that card would hurt Espeoon ex AND Metagross.

nice deck.

i like when people come out with their own idea!

the only problem i can see with this is mime's low hp and ex status but that's obvious i think!

good job!

I love Mr. Mime, props for using him well. I will post my Mime-Houndoom deck after regionals this weekend for the world to see. If you dropped the metagross and candies you could fit in battle frontier and increase your espeon line. I'm not going to say it would work better its just another idea, Metagross is a good choice too. If you can find the space add another warp point, mobility is key for using the mimes to thier full potential. POW! would also work in this deck, think about this, they KO an EX, then draw 2 prizes, increasing thier hand. Then you bring up Mem/Mime and pow up something that they are building on the bench for a KO. It works like a charm. People underestimate the Mimes and its a big mistake when they do. Good luck with the deck, I will change mine to try something like this out!

Just curious, what archtypes does it do well against? I do think that this is an awsome idea, but queen has toxic, LBS has Mr.Mime Ditto(and mabey mew for that matter) and Jirachi,Rock-Lock has sand damage, and,well, that's about all I can think of right now. This is giong to be a very popular deck, don't get me wrong, but it's True potential has not been quite realised yet.

tey it without the energy removal 2's and add a battle frontiere or you could look at other things but without a searcher you may find that you need to slow down your opponents to keep up as they then cant crush your stratedgy with the ultimate toolbox - pidgeot. Apart from this I think the deck is absolute gold, and I like how your deck uses alot of versatility and synergy (mime + Admin early game).

huh.... wouldn't desert ruins also hurt mimes and mews?

Daddiursa said:
Actually, Espeon ex is the only card that is hurt by it, but in return it's attack is increased to 90 damage.

If I wanted to worry about a stadium card I'd worry about Cursed Stone. Because that card would hurt Espeoon ex AND Metagross.

sorry, i edited in my battle frontiers. i wrote this deck out by memory, but all is well now. desert ruins only effects pokemon with 100 hitpoints or higher, thanks for all your input. i will write soon how this deck does agaist specific archtypes- keep up the discussion!

oh yeah, I forgot ;) good to see you added the stadiums since Cursed Powder could really hurt the deck.

Very nice deck. The BF would really help against RL.

seriously, ive played chris (light_gengar) with this deck and it sucks. i spend the whole time trying to get rid of many cards out of my hand instead of focusing on strategy. I can start a graveyard with how many t2 ko's mewmime gets, its ridiculous. And just when you start to build something that can give you a comback i get hit with its attack or i have to return it to my hand...the only down to this deck is the low hitpoint ex's...megashots best friend (manectric ex)

There are plenty of ways to get around the mimes. Dark, DRE, strength charm, typhlosion, spin tail t-tar all put up good fights. However the deck is incredible in its disruption capabilites. Like surge said the opponent focuses on ditching as many cards as possible to prevent damage, so they rarely get to use thier cards at the moment of greatest impact. This deck puts a mental strain on them and a sharp user of this deck can take on any archetype in the metagame. This deck has speed and consistancy above just about anything else, it just works.

i run a metanite and i get my rear handed to me because i only run 2 dre and every pokemon (except twister dragonair) has odd damage. he energy removal 2's all my dre's away and then im dead cause i cant touch him until i stack up 190 damage (magic odds only works up till 170) with metagross.

im really happy everyone is seeing the potential of this deck. I want other people to build it and post to see how it works for them!!

wow,i want to know howw it plays against dusclops/bannete or dark slowking though.isn't the deck weak to phy?i know these arent popular decks(i invented dusclops bannette)but they see some play.lmk

You have 8 EX's and you will only get to use 3 of them. When you fight something with resistance to psychic your dead. Other than that its a pretty good deck!
Speedy

mime's attack is damage counters, i think that gets around weakness and resistance, the others arent main attackers but that could be looked into

Mime EX places damage counters so resistance isnt an issue there. Mime is not weak to psychic either. I think this deck benefits greatly from super scoop up. Stop your opponent from getting a prize, replay your espeon, works as a switch, and with metagross you can recharge your active quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back