Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mewtwo EX; Believe the hype

jeffrey123

I'm so sick of bad players talking about how Mewtwo EX can be countered by X, Y, Z decks. Have you tested it? Clearly not. I've been playing around with some scans built into japanese lists, and the amount of power that this card possess is incomparable. Mew has NO chance against Mewtwo. The apparant argument is that giving up a mew to lost zone isn't as big as taking the prize off of a Mewtwo EX, which would give 2 prizes. The problem with that is that MEWTWO ISNT HIS OWN DECK. Take a standard Zekrom/Eelektrik deck, and add in 3 Mewtwo. Now have fun trying to beat Zekrom/Eels with a Mew prime deck. You stand no chance.

Mewtwo will literally be in every winning list. There will be no lists that top cut without Mewtwo EX. Go ahead and quote me.

So quit saying that Mew counters it when you literally know nothing.

Done. :p

But Mew decks will definitely see a HUGE rise in play and will win some major events most likely because of how much it is played.

See... it's players like this that tilt me. You haven't even tested, how are you going to post something you have no idea about?

You haven't even tested, how are you going to post something you have no idea about?

I have tested it, actually. MewLock VS Mewtwo/Zekrom/Eel. I'm 3-1 against it in Mew's favor. Sludge Dragging Eels hurts them A LOT. But I have noticed if they Catcher Oddishes T1 or T2, you'll have a much harder time, especially if they run max Catcher, which should be the standard.

I have tested it, actually. MewLock VS Mewtwo/Zekrom/Eel. I'm 3-1 against it in Mew's favor. Sludge Dragging Eels hurts them A LOT. But I have noticed if they Catcher Oddishes T1 or T2, you'll have a much harder time, especially if they run max Catcher, which should be the standard.

Who would bench eels against mewlock?

LOL

Who would bench eels against mewlock?

People who want to set up after a Zekrom or a Mewtwo gets knocked out. Zekrom would need 3 turns to KO Mew. The Mew player would first Leaf Guard the Zekorm player, then proceed to get a KO by Mass Attack if there is enough Pokémon in play.

People who want to set up after a Zekrom or a Mewtwo gets knocked out. Zekrom would need 3 turns to KO Mew. The Mew player would first Leaf Guard the Zekorm player, then proceed to get a KO by Mass Attack if there is enough Pokémon in play.

Tornadus gg?

Tell me what you do when Tornadus takes 3 prizes on you then you have to deal with a fully powered Zek? Bad players tilt me

Tornadus gg?

Tell me what you do when Tornadus takes 3 prizes on you then you have to deal with a fully powered Zek? Bad players tilt me

All of the Zekrom/Mewtwo/Eels list I have seen on other forums have not run Tornadus.

But if they do run Tornadus, hope that they have 4 benched Pokémon and you have a full bench.

But the issue will be moot soon because Mewtwo will be with us for 2 years while Mew will probably be rotated out after this season.

I completely agree with the Jefrey123 on this subject. Any good deck will have MewTwo EX. Although, MewLock will see a spike in the bad player population of the community. Anyone who wants to win has to have MewTwo EX

I will be looking forward to tournament reports! xD

I'm so sick of bad players talking about how Mewtwo EX can be countered by X, Y, Z decks. Have you tested it? Clearly not. I've been playing around with some scans built into japanese lists, and the amount of power that this card possess is incomparable. Mew has NO chance against Mewtwo. The apparant argument is that giving up a mew to lost zone isn't as big as taking the prize off of a Mewtwo EX, which would give 2 prizes. The problem with that is that MEWTWO ISNT HIS OWN DECK. Take a standard Zekrom/Eelektrik deck, and add in 3 Mewtwo. Now have fun trying to beat Zekrom/Eels with a Mew prime deck. You stand no chance.

Mewtwo will literally be in every winning list. There will be no lists that top cut without Mewtwo EX. Go ahead and quote me.

So quit saying that Mew counters it when you literally know nothing.

^ and they will be full of MewTwo EX Decks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartgold22
I completely agree with the Jefrey123 on this subject. Any good deck will have MewTwo EX.
With that being said, you can pre-order your Mewtwo-EXs on trollandtoad for a small sum of $60 each!

http://trollandtoad.com/p325895.html
Nah, I rather get 5 or 6 ppl to come with me to the PR to get mad pulls, but thanks

Cobalion > Mewtwo: Quote that!!! Resists psychic, can abuse eviolite, and can use sp. metal. I would be lying though if i said I would consider building a deck without mewtwo :p

Wait a minute, Mewtwo Ex is good?!?!

THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW!!!!!! :) <3

seriously though, of course it's a good card. But I must laugh at how adamant you are in thinking that it's unbeatable, considering it hasn't even come out yet, there is no metagame. And who are you even testing against???

Ummm maybe his friends possibly with scans? lol It is virtually unbeatable, of course Lady Luck will side with players not playing Mew(aka Scrubs) sometimes. But MewTwo EX is too good not to consider the best. Yes Coballion can counter it but i don't see it having 200HP.Although, A huge problem i see is that the Turn 1 problem will increase greatly since a lot of matches will be determined by who can attach the most energy first and who can keep the energy on the board.

ITT - jeffrey123 and Heartgold22 prepare to make money off of selling Mewtwo EXs.

(But yes, it is good and everyone will need it)

Back