Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mewtwo/Regigigas Full Art cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazypokemon

What are your thoughts on these 2 cards?
Is it a good investment to have? Are they good together in a collection or would one card bring down the other in this pair?

How much do you think these cards would go up/down in value over the next 1-5 years?

What cards would you compare them to having the same fate with players/collectors?

Just looking at some possible all around answers to see what might come of having these cards.

FA/Super rare cards always act the same:

- When they first come out, they are crazy expensive as everyone is trying to get their hands on them.
- They stay at a steady price until a few newer sets are released, then their price slowly begins to drop.
- Over the years the price will continue to rise again, due to the them no longer being printed.

Overall, any of the super rare cards from any set are always a good investment, especially the Mewtwo as he is an old school Pokemon and almost everyone likes him. I would consider most FA's to be in the same boat as the Shadowless Charizard. The price for them will always be decent, and will rise as the years begin to pass.

In my opinion i see mewtwo being the next FRLG ex Charizard.
You said shadowless charizard right?

Do you really think it could very well end up like that in the near future (1-5 years)?

so would the mewtwo ever be in the price range of $100-500 within that time?

What about regigigas?

I disagree.
Out of all the Next Destinies FAs, the ones to get will be Shaymin, and the three dragons.
The colour palettes on the Regigigas are intriguing but still meh,..
The Mewtwo is nice, but like most playable cards, once rotated... the price will decrease imo.

Not within 5 years no, but I still see the Mewtwo holding a high value through the years because even though it will be rotated, collectors (much like myself), will still seek them out.

I said shadowless charizard (sells for around $40-$50 even though it is super old), not the 1st ED Charizard. I do not think any newer generation cards will ever hold such value, as they are produced much more widely than the older generation cards.

Case and point? No, almost any new FA will never hold a value over $50 for an extended period of time, even when they are 3+ years old. Are they a good investment? If you are in it for the long haul, then yes; if you are looking to turn a profit in the next 5 years, then no.

Yea but mewtwo is the "it" card for that set.
The card alone is worth as much as the box it came in, same case with the frlg ex charizard.

Mewtwo has gone down a bit but still will increase as these become scarce.

The ex frlg charizard is always in a price range of $100-300 depending on condition, more if psa graded.

I dont think it would be in the same price range but it does show potential on being the next ex charizard where the card itself and the booster box itself raises in value thanks to its respective card.

My guess by 2015 it could be $150 for FA mewtwo

FA Mewtwo is not comparable to Charizard ex. FRLG had a much smaller print run compared to NXD. Mewtwo will probably never be more valuable than it is right now. Trust me, classic cards will always be way more valuable than new stuff. Replace the word "FA Mewtwo" with "Luxray lvl X" in your argument and you will see my point.

But they're not really selling at $40+. If people are buying them it's because they don't know the value or are in too much of a hurry to get one to look/wait for an auction.

Listing prices mean NOTHING about a card's value. It is all about what they are SELLING for.

This Mewtwo is one of the true treasures of the post 2000 Pokemon world. And in my honest opinion the Regigigas runs a VERY close second.

So you disagree then?

Very much so. The Wizards sets, particularly Base through Fossil, had many printings over several years. The same can't be said for today's cards. Sometimes demand dictates the supply. Back in the day, when you could throw a quarter into a random small group of people and hit 10 Pokemon fans, huge numbers of cards were required to meet that demand. Producing in those same quantities today would be foolish for a business as so much product would be left unpurchased.

Now, if you know otherwise, I would like to hear it.

Nope, sounds good. Cheers mate.

I was kinda hoping you may have heard something :thumb:

Being produced in smaller numbers, though, could make today's cards overshadow the earliest cards in price over time. If production numbers ever came to light at least.

I agree with gary to some extent.
I think the mewtwo is a no brainer the "IT" card to have.
I worry about the regigigas.

I think because people dont appreciate it, it will always be shadowed down by the most of people.

i worry that regigigas might be the burden card in the long run as far as collectible is concerned.

I always hear about mewtwo and regigigas always in the same sentence
like a modern day Blastoise/charizard duo.

Although i worry regigigas might not be able to carry its own weight and might drag down mewtwo.

of course i could be wrong.
but from what i see now 15-25 for regigigas,40-60 for mewtwo with those difference in numbers I wonder.

Maybe in time regi would be appreciated.

But it shouldn't be how it looks that determines the value.

Some trophy cards look awful yet are worth thousands.

Mewtwo i feel confident in, regi has time to tell.

I've never heard anyone talk about Regigigas and Mewtwo in the same sentence?
I've heard Mewtwo and Mew, Regigigas and The Trio.... Never Mewtwo and Regigigas.

If Mewtwo is the "It Card" to have...
Then stock up on Black and White Zek and Resh FAs, Emerging Powers Tornadus and Thundurus FAs, Noble Victories N FAs. Dark Explorers Darkrai EX FAs, Dragons Exalted Rayquaza EX FAs, and Boundaries Crossed Supporter FAs.

I don't believe that a highly playable pokemon card will retain it's value.
Luxray has more promise in the collecting community than Mewtwo, and it plummeted soon after rotation, and never climbed back up...

Yes Mewtwo is a nice card, you need to remember...

For people reliving their glory days with their old decks, the promos are a dime a dozen, and the regulars are plentiful as well....

The few people who need them for their master sets will purchase right after rotation when all the pokemon fans start going nuts to sell sell sell... Then all those who will hold for value, probably will never reach the same point that it once was...

Magnezone Prime? Yanmega Prime? Luxray GL Lv X? Gengar Prime? Mew Prime? These are a handful of cards that PLUMMETED.

I highly suggest if you want investment cards, to go with something older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back