Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Mexico Nationals, hopefully LIVE updates thread!

Pablo

8:10 AM - So today is Mexico Nationals. I've played so far in 4 tournaments only this season, and am with a 22-3 record, and sitting at 1695 points. This season has been my least active by far, mainly due to college, but Nationals is once a year and my only shot at one of the most amazing moments of every year since 2004, so how could I miss my only shot?

During testing this week, I realize that I make mistakes I would've never made before during games, and I need to have my a-game today if I want to correct those. I have my deck ready, I am mentalized to win, thanks to Ross Cawthon, and all there is left right now is to trust in my own skill and mind, and hope that prevails over luck. I feel confident with my deck (which I will reveal once the tournament starts) and I just hope I keep my track record of never having los on Turn 1 so far this season (granted I haven't played since Machamp came out :p).

So here's to a succesful day, and to the best and most deserving mexican winning tomorrow.

I really want to make Worlds as I realize this is completely my thing, and I thought maybe this would be the last tournament EVER for me if I didn't make it, but thankfully I now realize this won't be the case, as even if I tried I love this game too much.

I'll post my next update in another post, I'm leaving the house now to head to the place of the event. Thanks for reading! hope you tune in later to hear more about this.

8:10 AM - So today is Mexico Nationals. I've played so far in 4 tournaments only this season, and am with a 22-3 record, and sitting at 1695 points. This season has been my least active by far, mainly due to college, but Nationals is once a year and my only shot at one of the most amazing moments of every year since 2004, so how could I miss my only shot?

During testing this week, I realize that I make mistakes I would've never made before during games, and I need to have my a-game today if I want to correct those. I have my deck ready, I am mentalized to win, thanks to Ross Cawthon, and all there is left right now is to trust in my own skill and mind, and hope that prevails over luck. I feel confident with my deck (which I will reveal once the tournament starts) and I just hope I keep my track record of never having los on Turn 1 so far this season (granted I haven't played since Machamp came out :p).

So here's to a succesful day, and to the best and most deserving mexican winning tomorrow.

I really want to make Worlds as I realize this is completely my thing, and I thought maybe this would be the last tournament EVER for me if I didn't make it, but thankfully I now realize this won't be the case, as even if I tried I love this game too much.

I'll post my next update in another post, I'm leaving the house now to head to the place of the event. Thanks for reading! hope you tune in later to hear more about this.

Good luck Pablo!!!

11 AM - registration is now closed and we should begin playing round 1 soon. I'm playing beedrill.

12:29 - just got done with round 1, won vs gengar machamp. I think we are 129 masters because the last table is 64 and there was a bye. That means we just got enough for top 32

Buenos suerte mi amigo Pablo!

Assuming 7 rounds, with 128 people, there will be 1 7-0, 7 6-1, 21 5-2, 35 4-3. So, assuming 7 rounds/T32, all 5-2 and up will make it along with a couple 4-3s.

Go Pablo!

If there's 129 people there should be 8 rounds though?

I think you need to have enough for a full table after the 128. So you would need 130 players for 8 rounds. Beedrill is an interesting choice. I think it has issues with a few decks, but goo luck and congrats on the R1 win. :D

Drew

13:17 - I got done with round 2 very fast against gengar gliscor. Will be a slow half an hour. 2 - 0

15:44 - lost to flygon nidoqueen weavile cause I couldn't draw a second pluspower to Ohko a flygon lv x

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

16:38 - just beat an eeveelutions deck I got way too far ahead in pirzes before he was able to come back. 4-1

Last edited:
Back