Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

MSF45's D/P Wi-Fi Tourny! 1st Place Skarmbliss; 2nd Place Pablo; 3rd Place Regis Neo!

Miamisportsfan45

I'm holding a Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Single Battle 6 vs 6 Tournament! The tournament WILL NOT be single elimination until playoffs start. You'll have 3 opponent's chosen at random. You'll know these 3 opponents all at once as soon as pairings are up. After the first 3 rounds, anyone with a 2/3 win record will make it into the playoffs. Anyone with a 1/3 will be in the loser's bracket playing for the remaining wildcard(s) to the playoffs and 0/3 battle record will not make the playoffs and will be eliminated. From there on, once playoffs start, the rest of the tourny becomes single elimination. If you have any questions concerning the way the tourny is set up, feel free to contact me. If I happen to come across any trouble or problem within this tournament I may slightly change the setup but everything below will still apply.

Rules & Tournament Information!
1) Items are allowed, however, no more than one of the same item is allowed to be in the same party.
2) Every\Any attack is allowed to be used in this tournament.
3) You can switch your party between rounds.
4) If you turn your game off, or if the battle is interupted in any way, the player is disqualified. (From the battle, not the tournament).
5) If nobody reports there battle to me I will find a specific way to handle and deal with the problem.
6) No more then one of the same Pokemon is permitted in the same team\party during a battle.
7) You can have 6 Pokemon, or less, as long as you're obeying the rules.
8) If you plan to drop out of the tournament, please let me know ahead of time so that the issue is easier for me to solve.
9) Some Pokemon are banned, please view the list below so that you don't break any of the rules.
10) All battles will be done by using a level 100 modifier.
11) No more than 1 Pokemon can be asleep at a time. (Sleep Clause).

Banned Pokemon: Deoxys, Lugia, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Shaymin, Darkrai, Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, Phione, Arceus, Palkia, Dialga, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza and Giratina.

Unbanned Pokemon: Latios (Without Soul Dew), Latias (Without Soul Dew), Mesprit, Azelf, Uxie, Regice, Registeel, Regirock, Regigigas, Cresselia, Heatran, Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Raikou, Entei, and Suicune.

Any Pokemon that you think should be on either of these lists that I may have missed please let me know.

Entrants and Current Records:
1. ~Blazi-King~ (1-2) Eliminated
2. Sketch (2-1) Eliminated
3. Pablo (3-0) Finals
4. Dragonmaster (0-3) Eliminated
5. Regis Neo (2-1) Top 4
6. Blastoise-shellshocker (1-2) Disqualified-Eliminated
7. Spike (1-2) Eliminated
8. Psyco Pedestrian (0-3) Disqualified-Eliminated
9. Skarmbliss (3-0) Top 4
10. Loetke (1-2) Eliminated
11. Miamisportsfan45 (1-2) Eliminated
12. Psofan2000 (2-1) Eliminated
13. TheGimpsta (1-2) Eliminated
14. Metalbird (3-0) Eliminated
15. DrkrZen (2-1) Eliminated
16. SpoinkMaster (2-1) Eliminated
17. Mystik Duck (1-2) Eliminated
18. MadHatter (1-2) Eliminated

Prizes
Please keep in mind that none of the Pokemon for the prizes below are hacked.
First Place: The prize for first place in this tourny will be a Level 71, Un-EV Trained Celebi from the Pokemon tenth anniversary event! Celebi will also be holding a Master Ball as it is being sent to you.
Second Place: One of the Legendary Birds or one of the Regi's while holding a Master Ball.
Third Place: Any Pokemon that evolves by holding a specific item through a trade, or any Pokemon that evolves by a trade regularly holding a Master Ball.

Pairings
All pairings were done completely at random. I drew notecards with your pokegym usernames to determine the matchups. Winners to each round will be in bold. You do not need to play each opponent in each round in order.
Round 1
Sketch vs [DEL]Psofan2000[/DEL]
Mystik Duck vs [DEL]Regis Neo[/DEL]
[DEL]Psyco Pedestrian[/DEL] vs Miamisportsfan45
~Blazi-King~ vs [DEL]Loetke[/DEL]
[DEL]Blastoise-Shellshocker[/DEL] vs Skarmbliss
SpoinkMaster vs [DEL]DragonMaster[/DEL]
[DEL]Madhatter[/DEL] vs Metalbird
Pablo vs [DEL]TheGimpsta[/DEL]
DrkrZen vs [DEL]Spike[/DEL]
Round 2
[DEL]Sketch[/DEL] vs Spike
Regis Neo vs [DEL]Loetke[/DEL]
[DEL]DragonMaster[/DEL] vs TheGimpsta
[DEL]Psyco Pedestrian[/DEL] vs Psofan2000
[DEL]SpoinkMaster[/DEL] vs Pablo
[DEL]Mystik Duck[/DEL] vs Blastoise-Shellshocker
[DEL]Miamisportsfan45[/DEL] vs MetalBird
DrkrZen vs ~[DEL]Blazi-King~[/DEL]
[DEL]Madhatter[/DEL] vs Skarmbliss
Round 3
MetalBird vs [DEL]Blastoise-Shellshocker[/DEL]
[DEL]Miamisportsfan45[/DEL] vs Pablo
[DEL]Psyco Pedestrian[/DEL] vs Madhatter
Sketch vs [DEL]~Blazi-King~[/DEL]
[DEL]DragonMaster[/DEL] vs Psofan2000
SpoinkMaster vs [DEL]Mystik Duck[/DEL]
[DEL]Spike[/DEL] vs Skarmbliss
[DEL]DrkrZen[/DEL] vs Regis Neo
[DEL]TheGimpsta[/DEL] vs Loetke

Details: You play each opponent in each round once. You can play these rounds in any order. Once you're done with these rounds, you report the match to me by posting on this thread. When you report the battle results or win/loss to me, I'd like to hear from both players in that battle, instead of just one. After everyone in all three rounds are done. Anyone with 2 or more wins makes the playoffs. Anyone with 1 or less wins will not make the playoffs and will be fighting/battling for the wildcard(s) through loser's bracket. The finalist(s) of loser's bracket will qualify for the playoffs in winner's bracket.

Update: There have been a few problems so I will make a short extension. All three rounds end Monday at 6 PM, eastern time. Anyone not finished with there rounds will have there battle results determined either at random or by me, so finish up!

Playoffs
Anyone listed below is in the playoffs. The spots with the named "Loser's Bracket" are the four wildcards for the finalist's of the loser's bracket. In the playoffs, since there are 12 people, there will be a bye given to any of the players left that have had a 3-0 record (If any are left at all). If none are left then the bye will be determined by luck of the draw.

1. Skarmbliss
2. [DEL]DrkrZen[DEL]
3. [DEL]MetalBird[/DEL]
4. Pablo
5. Regis Neo
6. [DEL]Psofan2000[/DEL]
7. [DEL]SpoinkMaster[/DEL]
8. [DEL]Sketch[/DEL]
9. [DEL]Madhatter[/DEL]
10. [DEL]Miamisportsfan45[/DEL]
11. [DEL]TheGimpsta[/DEL]
12. [DEL]Mystik Duck[/DEL]

Playoffs Round 1​
Pairings were done by notecards again. Making sure that nobody plays the same person they've played in any other rounds. Players that advanced from Loser's Bracket will not play any other players that had advanced from Loser's Bracket. Player's that had advanced from Loser's Bracket will play anyone that made the playoffs that didn't get a first round bye. Players that went 2-1 will play anyone that had just advanced from Loser's Bracket (that they haven't played before in earlier rounds).​
DrkrZen vs [DEL]Mystik Duck[/DEL]
Regis Neo vs [DEL]Madhatter[/DEL]
[DEL]SpoinkMaster[/DEL] vs Miamisportsfan45
Psofan2000 vs [DEL]TheGimpsta[/DEL]
Playoffs Round 2​
Pairings will be done the same way they were done before. If at all possible, you won't play the same person you've played in previous rounds.
Pablo vs [DEL]Psofan2000[/DEL]
Skarmbliss vs [DEL]MSF45[/DEL]
[DEL]Sketch[/DEL] vs DrkrZen
[DEL]Metalbird[/DEL] vs Regis Neo
Playoffs Round 3​
Pairings will be done differently, this time. Since Regis Neo and DrkrZen are the only two that have actually advanced from a 2-1 record. Regis Neo gets to choose his opponent since Regis Neo was DrkrZen's only loss. Regis Neo gets to choose the opponent that he plays in Playoff Round Three (that he hasn't played yet in the tourny) and they will be paired up. Thus, since there are only four people left, the two remaining players that didn't yet play, will be paired up against each other.
Regis Neo vs Skarmbliss
DrkrZen vs Pablo

Loser's Bracket
The Loser's Bracket is now up! The top four finalists of the Loser's Bracket will move up to the Playoffs in the Winner's Bracket. Four of the people in the Loser's Bracket (listed below) will move up to the Playoffs in the Winner's Bracket, determined by how each individual does.
1. TheGimpsta (2-1) Playoffs
2.~Blazi-King~ (0-3) Eliminated
3. MSF45 (3-0) Playoffs
4. Spike (1-2) Eliminated
5. Blastoise-Shellshocker (1-2) Eliminated
6. Loetke (1-2) Eliminated
7. Madhatter (2-1) Playoffs
8. Mystik Duck (2-1) Playoffs

Loser's Bracket Pairings
The winner's of the pairings below will make it into the playoffs. If there happens to be a tie it will be determined by a tie breaker (by looking at previous matchups and previous wins/losses). These matchups were determined by notecards (like the previous three rounds). Please hurry up and get your matches done ASAP. Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

[DEL]TheGimpsta[/DEL] vs Madhatter
Blastoise-Shellshocker vs [DEL]~Blazi-King~[/DEL]
Miamisportsfan45 vs [DEL]Loetke[/DEL]
Mystik Duck vs [DEL]Spike[/DEL]

Miamisportsfan45 vs [DEL]Mystik Duck[/DEL]
[DEL]Blastoise-Shellshocker[/DEL] vs TheGimpsta
[DEL]~Blazi-King~[/DEL] vs Madhatter
Spike vs [DEL]Loetke[/DEL]

Miamisportsfan45 vs [DEL]Blastoise-Shellshocker[/DEL]
[DEL]~Blazi-King~[/DEL] vs Mystik Duck
Loetke vs [DEL]Madhatter[/DEL]
[DEL]Spike[/DEL] vs TheGimpsta

Update: Loser's bracket pairings were re-done because I discovered errors and problems in the previous ones. Sorry for the inconvenience. If anyone plays the same people in the loser's bracket, that they have played in the previous three rounds please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

Last edited:
!join

I also agree that Wobby and Wynaut need to be banned, especially if they have Leftovers, as well as Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza.

Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza?

Fixed. Thanks.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

If your banning Pokemon ...Wobbuffet and Wynaut.

Nope, they stay. The tournament is going to be all Strategy, Skillfullness, and Counter Strategy. When you think about it, it'll be a lot like the card game when you're at big events. Think of it like this: You go to Regionals, any deck within the modified format is legal to use, there are over 10 archetypes that are huge at the moment. You don't know what each will be playing so you try building techs and counters around each last minute. Anything that's legal in this tournament that you find threatning create a few techs around. Wobbuffet has 4 possible moves that it can learn and it's catchable in everyone's game once they get the Pokeradar. Its attacks aren't even guaranteed to work and the only damaging attacks it has are attacks that you have to hit it first to do heavy damage. It seems fair to me.

Last edited:
Wobbuffet has 4 possible moves that it can learn and it's catchable in everyone's game once they get the Pokeradar. Its attacks aren't even guaranteed to work and the only damaging attacks it has are attacks that you have to hit it first to do heavy damage. It seems fair to me.

Well, when you put it like that Wobuffet sounds like a terrible pokemon :(

If you're going to leave wobb/wynaut unbanned, you need to atleast ban them from holding leftovers to prevent an unfinishable match. Also, is Heatran allowed or banned? If Cresselia is banned, I think Hearan should be also. Regigigas?

I suppose I'll enter.

Last edited:
struggle now takes1/4 of hp so Wobb with Lefties against Wobb with Lefties is no longer a stale mate.

I wasn't sure as to wether or not I should have banned Cresselia or not. Same with Heatran and Regigigas. I may unban those. That's up to you guys to decide...what do you guys think?

I wasn't sure as to wether or not I should have banned Cresselia or not. Same with Heatran and Regigigas. I may unban those. That's up to you guys to decide...what do you guys think?

If you ask me, they don't really have the stats to be overpowering in the OU environment for now. Regigigas suffers from his own horrible Ability, Heatran dies to any Earthquake anyways, and Cresselia is annoying but manageable.

So shall I allow all 3? I was actually considering it since they're allowed in the Battle Tower.

Heck, if even something like the Battle Tower allows them, may as well allow their use. Like I stated before, they really don't have any distingushing characteristic that makes them overpowered really.

Back