Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Avatar the last Airbender series

Way to recover from the epic fail movie. "Sorry about that, we'll make new Avatar for you instead"

Heard about this earlier today, pretty psyched. Guys, don't associate this with the movie. The creators of Avatar didn't make the movie. Shyamalan did. That's why it was bad. Either way though, this looks pretty sweet.

Moving to the Anime Realm.

I'm hesitantly skeptical, but anticipating this show. The problem is that the "story" of Avatar concluded after Aang defeated the Phoenix King in the last episode. I wonder how they are going to come up with a new story that will be sufficiently unique to power this show...

This is the perfect thing I need to wash the taste of epic fail out of my mouth from the movie.

A few thoughts -
Main girl is Water tribe (Follows the Avatar Cycle, of course) that could mean we get to see a Granny Katarra or Grandpa Sokka, but they'd be over 80 so maybe not.

Haha, poor Katarra, looks like her son didn't inherit her abilities. It'd be cool if he was some sort of double-bender that could do both, but I doubt it.

Looks like Aang lived quite a while. It's 70 years later and the girl is about 15 (judging from looks, she's too buff to be prepube) so he got an extra 55 years from the series.

Anti-bending sentiments, hm? That'll be.... weird...

It's always cool to see a spin-off, especially when the make refs to the previous show hehe.

Looking forward to this...

Haha, poor Katarra, looks like her son didn't inherit her abilities. It'd be cool if he was some sort of double-bender that could do both, but I doubt it.

Well first off, they had to have the son of Aang be an airbender, otherwise there wouldn't be any left! And if I
know anything of the creators opinions from listening to the commentary and other sources, they'll keep
with the idea that only 1 person in the world can bend more than one element, the Avatar, so the double
bending will probobly not happen. But more importantly, we'll see them 'rebreeding' the air bending
nation.

Anyway, I'm really excited about this series, as long as Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko make sure
that they get a 500 yard restraining order put to M. Knight Shyamalan, it should be a great product, just
like their first series.

-Jason
:)dark::colorless:20)

Well first off, they had to have the son of Aang be an airbender, otherwise there wouldn't be any left! And if I
know anything of the creators opinions from listening to the commentary and other sources, they'll keep
with the idea that only 1 person in the world can bend more than one element, the Avatar, so the double
bending will probobly not happen. But more importantly, we'll see them 'rebreeding' the air bending
nation.

Anyway, I'm really excited about this series, as long as Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko make sure
that they get a 500 yard restraining order put to M. Knight Shyamalan, it should be a great product, just
like their first series.

-Jason
:)dark::colorless:20)

I just feel bad, since Katara was the last Southern Waterbender.

It was always weird to me how there were so many Airbenders in Aang's flashbacks. They were all monks, right? Typically monks are children given to the temple by another family. Since Bending is known to be linked genetically, the older monks were either REALLY getting around (especially for monks) or there were a whole bunch of Airbending families somewhere that no one ever mentioned. Aang never goes into his parentage at all, but we know he can't just have sprung from the earth. (LOL) Where are the breeding Airbenders? (Or where were, since the question is moot by the time Katara & Sokka come into the picture)

And the Airbenders are referred to constantly as the Air NOMADS. So what, are there flocks of people wandering from place to place, routinely giving up their children to temples? It couldn't apply very well to the monks, since temples are permanent structures. Well, unless they all traveled between the temples on a regular basis. That's not exactly a nomad, but I guess stupid people could call it that. If they'd called them the Air Monks or something I could understand, but Air Nomads is still a strange term for people whose lives revolve around the structure they live in.

So if this new avatar chick is being tutored by Aang's son...that probably makes him what, 30s-40s?

You almost wonder how many kids Aang and Katara have...gotta repopulate that air nomad tribe somehow.

Seems like the tech all around is being kicked up a bit...only the fire nation really had the steampunk going on for them, almost every other nation was still primitive by their standards and more reliant on bending.

Woah. =O I'd heard about the next series but didn't expect this. I'll hate to see Aang and the gang gone though. =( Come one, he wasn't that old! Ok, technically he was 182 but he was only really be 82 by then. =/ I hope Katara Toph and Sokka are still in it. They left SOOO many cliffhangers in the last series. Like what happened to Zuko's mom?! X3

Woah. =O I'd heard about the next series but didn't expect this. I'll hate to see Aang and the gang gone though. =( Come one, he wasn't that old! Ok, technically he was 182 but he was only really be 82 by then. =/ I hope Katara Toph and Sokka are still in it. They left SOOO many cliffhangers in the last series. Like what happened to Zuko's mom?! X3

well shes dead... i thought it seemed to be obvious lol (seemed like it to me she was dead)

^^ No, she's alive. But that's just one of the cliffhangers they left. I really hope they go back and pick up with the main cast sooner or later. =(

Back