Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

New Onix Error?

Yeah, I noticed that too. If it can heal anyone, it could do wonders. With Pokemon able to attach more than one energy per turn, and this power that seems stackable, you could potentially heal over 120 damage per turn.

It will probably get re-translated. Or what's that term? errata?

It's only a common too. Way too powerful if card was used as is.

All I gotta say is, why not? Nidoqueen is an automatic damage healer for all of your pokemon in between every turn, so why not give the giant rock snake some love and give him some use? Once Steelix evolves from Onix it won't be able to use that body any more anyways ;)

All I gotta say is, why not? Nidoqueen is an automatic damage healer for all of your pokemon in between every turn, so why not give the giant rock snake some love and give him some use? Once Steelix evolves from Onix it won't be able to use that body any more anyways ;)

I assume you're being sarcastic...
but just incase if you're not not... because Onix is a basic.
And it's rarity is common. :)

Sometimes you get good Basic commons like . . . . ummmm . . . Chatot MD.

I guess it's not an error until we get told officially that it is an error.

Sometimes you get good Basic commons like . . . . ummmm . . . Chatot MD.

I guess it's not an error until we get told officially that it is an error.

Well I mean, the Japanese card says "THIS pokemon" on it twice.

And I dunno. It would be a little weird if one card had a completely different function.

Changing "THIS Pokemon" to "any 1 of your Pokemon" makes a phenominaly HUGE difference.

I had to laugh out loud when I saw it.

I was like... "ohhh boy. They'll be threads about THIS card for the next 2 months."

ROFL!

The thing I love about it , though, is they made it a common. So, even if it proves to be broken, you can't eBay
it for $12 because EVERYBODY WILL HAVE 50 OF THEM ! ( ROFL!!)

The whole thing is hilarious man. The only thing better would've been to make it an SP so you could turn it and only take up bench space when needed.

Yeah it would be weird if it is different. I don't read Japanese so I can't see it for myself.

What I mean is, we have to play it like it is until we get an official word.

I don't think it's broken by any means. If you're playing this in other decks, you'll be occasionally stuck with an Onix start. If you exploit it (3-4 Onixes), that will be more than an occasional bad start. Imagine not being able to do anything because of a 4 retreat Pokemon vs. Luxchomp!

I understand that Warp Point and Warp Energy help, but since you can't search them out, you can end up in some pretty awful situations because of this card.

And in a dedicated Steelix deck, you are healing 30 damage a turn with 3 bench spots dedicated to it. I believe its only fair when one bench spot can heal 20 a turn.

And in a dedicated Steelix deck, you are healing 30 damage a turn with 3 bench spots dedicated to it. I believe its only fair when one bench spot can heal 20 a turn.

Which is exactly what makes an otherwise underpowered card viable. In the current format, DP Dusknoir can keep Steelix in check if they decide to have 3 Onixes supporting it (along with whatever setup/support Pokemon are in play). It also makes Luxray more of a threat, as it can pull up one of those huge Onixes and start sniping the bench.

I was being half-sarcastic haha, but what they said ^ not every deck will always be able to set up those ridiculous combinations people have been coming up with to say this card is broken (leafeon). I just feel like, hey a basic, common card is serviceable in a decent amount of decks and isn't gonna ever end up costing $75 on ebay? Right on. Especially with the slowed-down version of the game post-rotation and then (eventually) HGSS and on, it will be very serviceable since the games themselves will be a lot more different than how they are today. I personally don't feel this is broken, but can't wait to play it during Prerelease tomorrow!

Back