_
displayimage.php

displayimage.php
_
displayimage.php
_
displayimage.php
|
Pokemon USA has just released information on our next set.

A Rivalry is Born!

The Pokémon TCG: Platinum—Rising Rivals expansion brings powerful Trainers and amazing Pokémon together in new and exciting ways, pitting Trainer against Trainer and Pokémon against Pokémon in battles that are sure to raise players to the top of their games! This latest installment of the best-selling Pokémon TCG contains more than 110 cards and features new Pokémon SP and new Pokémon LV.X including Luxray and Gallade, while the Plasma Pokémon Rotom can now be collected in five different forms!

Loaded with the latest Trainer cards, new game play options, and some of the most awesome Pokémon ever, Platinum—Rising Rivals lets you ascend to the level of the Elite Four and discover the elite Trainer in yourself!
  • Look for all-new Pokémon SP
  • Discover powerful new Pokémon LV.X
  • Collect five different forms for Rotom
Pokémon TCG: Platinum—Rising Rivals hits store shelves on May 20, 2009. Stay tuned for more information!

You can go here for more information! Here

Last edited:
Nice, this confirms that the cards from BET will be in our next set. btw there are some scans up including Gallade Lv.X. ^^

But the release date isn't the best - half of a week before our Nationals. It would be terrible to play without the new set cause we had that metagame long enough and people who think about new decks should be in advantage over those who just netdeck the winner lists from States. But it also would be difficult to get the cards in time if the set is legal. =/

The 4 is definitely JPN and stupid. There are gonna be so many questions about that JPN 4 at prereleases, I guarantee at least 1 per junior and 2 per parent.

The 4 is definitely JPN and stupid. There are gonna be so many questions about that JPN 4 at prereleases, I guarantee at least 1 per junior and 2 per parent.

Why on earth are you calling it "stupid"? You might successfully argue for "confusing" since most Americans won't understand, but "stupid"?? Prerelease questions? In my trade, we call this a "teachable moment" (Guess what I do for a living?) YGO used Kanji since the beginning and no one seemed to mind.

All I can say is that we've come a long way since onigiri pretending to be "popcorn balls" and "jelly donuts". I'm glad that PUI is no longer hiding the games' origins (you'd be amazed how many new players still don't know that the game is Japanese!)

I thought that said "GL" next to Gallade. It does look different. I wonder what it is. EDIT: just looked it up. The symbol next to Gallade is the Japanese word for "four", just in case the folks above weren't clear enough about it.

[*]Look for all-new Pokémon SP
Yay! Pokémon SP. A game mechanic that might actually go somwhere. Yet another thing they'll end up throwing away like last week's trash, like Pokémon-ex.

[*]Discover powerful new Pokémon LV.X
Yes, cos there's no reason I'd ever want to buy cards other than the fact that there are Pokémon LV. X. And of course Pokémon LV. X are the only cards that are powerful.

[*]Collect five different forms for Rotom
I cannot wait to see this. I saw the different forms on the Platinum video game spoilers on Pokebeach, and they look pretty fun.

I'm all over that Gallade.

Why on earth are you calling it "stupid"? You might successfully argue for "confusing" since most Americans won't understand, but "stupid"?? Prerelease questions? In my trade, we call this a "teachable moment" (Guess what I do for a living?) YGO used Kanji since the beginning and no one seemed to mind.

All I can say is that we've come a long way since onigiri pretending to be "popcorn balls" and "jelly donuts". I'm glad that PUI is no longer hiding the games' origins (you'd be amazed how many new players still don't know that the game is Japanese!)
nice.

Last edited:

^ That's what's next to Gallade. As stated, it's the Kanji symbol for 4.

Interesting that they left it in Kanji. That should prove fun when filling out decklists.

^ That's what's next to Gallade. As stated, it's the Kanji symbol for 4.

Interesting that they left it in Kanji. That should prove fun when filling out decklists.

Steven thanks for clearing this up. That's what I thought I saw too, but I was nah they aren't gonna leave that on there.

Wow I gotta start practicing writing that now :<~

Back