Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

NXD-On 'Garden of Eden' (Cradilly JFF Deck)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NachyoChez

The local target made a small mistake and released Plasma Blast about a week early, so of course my wife and I picked up a few boosters. When we pulled a Cradilly, I knew I just had to build a deck off of Lifesplosion. I know it's not likely to win any tournaments, but the deck is incredibly fun to play (and incredibly cheap, thanks to the reprints) but I wanted to share the list and get some input for potential spot improvements:

Pokemon: (18)
Victini EX x3
Cradilly x4
Lilleep x4
Gallade x3
Chandelure x4

Trainers: (23)
Root Foosil Lileep x4
Caitlyn x4
Juniper x3
Skyla x3
Pokemon Catcher x3
Ultra Ball x3
Super Rod x2
Masterball x1

Energy: (19)
Fire Energy x10
Grass Energy x3
Blend (P/R/G/D) x2
DCE x4

The ideal setup for the deck is to Caitlyn or discard a Lileep to the bottom of the deck, Root it into play, then use Victini to toss 2 energy on.
Turn 2, retreat Victini, toss another energy onto Lileep, evolve into Cradilly then Lifespolosion for 1 Gallade, 2 Chandelure.
Turn 3 I retreat the Cradilly (keep the grass attached) to put Gallade into fight, then drop a DCE. Pull 2 fire from the Chandelure (one onto each) then Gallade for 100 damage.
Turn 4 toss an energy on Victini (for emergencies), pull 2 more fire with Chandelure, then swing for 160. With Catchers and your previous swing, this should take a prize, which should be earnable every turn after this (unless they OHKO one of yours, which is a tall order).

Pretty simple design, but VERY dependent on that first turn. Thoughts?

well you will always start victini, lol. i would drop 1-2 fire energy for 1-2 RR and maybe a max potion. i would also play comp search over masterball as it does the same thing exept it can get the T1 Caitlyn or root fossil or be used to discard lileep AND do all of the things masterball does. drop an ultra ball for it and the max potion is master ball. 1-2 fire for 1-2 RR

i would drop 1-2 fire energy for 1-2 RR and maybe a max potion.
Apologies, what's 'RR'?

i would also play comp search over masterball as it does the same thing exept it can get the T1 Caitlyn or root fossil or be used to discard lileep AND do all of the things masterball does. drop an ultra ball for it and the max potion is master ball. 1-2 fire for 1-2 RR
I can agree Masterball is inferior to Comp Search, I'm just kind of torn between Comp Search and Victory Piece. Genesect is INSANELY popular right now, as is Virizion, both of which I could donk with a VP,and save my energy for other things while playing.

Max Potion? My hesitation comes from each of my attacks being largely based on being able to have copious amounts of energy in play, and half my team having self-healing built it. Are they really likely to survive a KO if put in danger?

Apologies, what's 'RR'?

I can agree Masterball is inferior to Comp Search, I'm just kind of torn between Comp Search and Victory Piece. Genesect is INSANELY popular right now, as is Virizion, both of which I could donk with a VP,and save my energy for other things while playing.

Max Potion? My hesitation comes from each of my attacks being largely based on being able to have copious amounts of energy in play, and half my team having self-healing built it. Are they really likely to survive a KO if put in danger?

RR= random receiver.

Victory piece almost guarantees you the win in the genesect matchup but you looses consistency for your staragy in every other matchup. i dont thing genesencet is popular enough to warrant victory piece in this deck.

On max potion, plasmabox and sometimes keldo/blastoise are the only major deck in the format that will consistently OHKO you. max potion can deny a ko at a critical moment and win games.

RR= random receiver.

Victory piece almost guarantees you the win in the genesect matchup but you looses consistency for your staragy in every other matchup. i dont thing genesencet is popular enough to warrant victory piece in this deck.

On max potion, plasmabox and sometimes keldo/blastoise are the only major deck in the format that will consistently OHKO you. max potion can deny a ko at a critical moment and win games.
For some reason, I thought RR went out, thus my confusion. Just saw that I was incorrect, so I agree that'd make an excellent addition for the deck.
For Max Potion; isn't it out with the rotation? I thought Emerging was before NXD?

Edit:
What would you think of dropping Juniper for N? Helps get the cards back into my deck rather then the GY, as well as a good card-advantage reset from trying to setup t1?

For some reason, I thought RR went out, thus my confusion. Just saw that I was incorrect, so I agree that'd make an excellent addition for the deck.
For Max Potion; isn't it out with the rotation? I thought Emerging was before NXD?

Edit:
What would you think of dropping Juniper for N? Helps get the cards back into my deck rather then the GY, as well as a good card-advantage reset from trying to setup t1?

max potion was re-printed as a shiny in one of the sets though i cannot remember which of the top of my head, so its still legal. GY=grave yard? Normally i would play 3-4 of each in every deck i build but your deck dosent really have as much room. i would stick with juniper as it gives you better draw support and discards lileep. N is better if you cant get the T1 start but if you don't get the T1 start then your win isnt looking nearly as likely anyway. That 1 card can make a difference.

max potion was re-printed as a shiny in one of the sets though i cannot remember which of the top of my head, so its still legal. GY=grave yard? Normally i would play 3-4 of each in every deck i build but your deck dosent really have as much room. i would stick with juniper as it gives you better draw support and discards lileep. N is better if you cant get the T1 start but if you don't get the T1 start then your win isnt looking nearly as likely anyway. That 1 card can make a difference.
You're absolutely right; reprinted in plasma blast; I'll have to see about getting my hands on a pair.

Yes, GY for graveyard; too used to other TCGs it seems!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back