Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Oregon State Championship - March 1, 2008

Big Daddy Snorlax

Administrator
Staff member
OREGON STATE POKEMON CHAMPIONSHIP

Basic Information
Location: Oregon State Fair & Expo Center - Hart of the Garden Building, 2330 17th Street NE, Salem OR
Date - Saturday, March 1st, 2008
Time - Registration at 8:30 AM. Play begins at 10:00 AM. The main tournament (swiss rounds) will last 5 to 6 hours
Three Age Divisions - Juniors (born in 1997 or later)/Seniors (born in 1993, 1994, 1995, or 1996)/Masters (born in 1992 or earlier)
Format – Modified Constructed Deck (bring your own deck - Cards are allowed from EX Holon Phantoms or later, Promos from POP Series 4 and above as well as Black Star Promos numbered 037-40 or DP01 & higher)
Age Modified Swiss (all players play in every round)
Cost - FREE
Additional Information - Call (971) 221-7147 or e-mail [email protected]
Food - We will take a Lunch break around noon and a Dinner break after the swiss rounds of the main tournament end. There are a number of fast food restaurants located within 1 mile of the fairgrounds. Players are also welcome to bring their lunch/dinner and eat on site.

Prizes Prizes Prizes NOTE: Prizes listed are preliminary, and some things may be added.
  • The top 8 players in each of the three age divisions (Juniors, Seniors & Masters) get the following prizes:
1st Place - 36 Pokémon Booster Packs, State Championship 1st Place Trophy, Prize Bag,
2nd Place - 16 Pokémon Booster Packs, State Championship 2nd Place Trophy
3rd Place - 8 Pokémon Booster Packs, State Championship 3rd Place Trophy
4th Place - 8 Pokémon Booster Packs
5th-8th Place - 4 Pokémon Booster Packs​

• Prize Drawings between every round for Promos, Boosters, and other Pokémon items!!!

Side Events

DS TOURNAMENT: (NEW RULES, read carfully) Throughout the day, there will be a DS tournament going on. The tournament will require you to bring your own DS and game. There will be Pokémon merchandise for prizes. We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the main tournament can still participate in the DS tournament.
RULES - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of level 100 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; You may only have ONE Pokemon from the following list on your team: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy (NOTE: Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus are not allowed since they are all event Pokemon and aren't available in the US yet.); No duplicate held items allowed; Certain powers (Moonlight, Morning sun, Dream Eater, Rest, Recover, Heal Order, Heal Wish, Roost, Lunar Dance, Aqua Ring, Slack Off, Milk Drink, Soft Boiled, Ingrain, Leech Seed, Swallow, Synthesis, Wish) are not allowed after 6 minutes into the match; "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Shark or Action Replay).
Entry fee - FREE

SIDE EVENT TOURNAMENTS: Following the main tournament we will run side events using the new theme decks and boosters from current Pokémon TCG expansions. The type of tournaments we run depends on what players want. We can do booster drafts or (the amount of prizes depends on number of participants).
Entry fee - $20.00

Here are the directions to the Oregon State Championship Tournament

From The South –
Take I-5 northbound to Exit 253 and turn left at the signal onto Mission Street. Follow Mission Street to 17th Street and turn right onto 17th Street. Follow 17th Street all the way to the fairgrounds. Watch for the “Pokemon Tournament Parking” sign at the green colored gate.

From The North –
Take I-5 southbound to Exit 258 (Portland Road). Turn right onto Portland Road and continue to Lana Avenue. Turn left onto Lana Avenue and continue to Silverton Road. Turn right onto Silverton Road and continue to 17th Street. Turn left onto 17th Street and watch for the “Pokemon Tournament Parking” sign at the green colored gate.

From The East –
Travel west on Hwy 22 and follow it as it turns into Mission Street. Follow Mission Street to 17th St. Turn right on 17th Street and continue on 17th to the fairgrounds. Watch for the “Pokemon Tournament Parking” sign at the green colored gate.

From the West –
Travel east on Hwy 22. Cross over Center Street bridge and continue on Center Street to Capitol. Turn left on Capitol and continue on Capitol to Sunnyview Road. Turn right onto Sunnyview and continue 17th Street. Turn left on 17th Street and watch for the “Pokemon Tournament Parking” sign at the green colored gate.

Here is the web address for the directions: LINK

Here is a map of the fairgrounds: LINK

Note: We are in building #4 and the green gate is marked on the map right below building #6.

BDS

Last edited:
That's all I know about the Prizes right now. The Origins stuff will most likely be added soon. We are over 4 months out on the announcement this year, which is great, but the down side is not all the details are known yet.

BDS

Just because I care so much for the DS tournament (and I know [R]visitor is too lazy to post this)

DS TOURNAMENT: Throughout the day, there will be a DS tournament going on. The tournament will require you to bring your own DS and game. There will be Pokémon merchandise for prizes. We will structure this tournament in a way that those people participating in the main tournament can still participate in the DS tournament.
RULES - You are allowed 3 Pokémon of level 100 or lower; No two of the same Pokémon; You may only have ONE Pokemon from the following list on your team: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy (NOTE: Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus are not allowed since they are all event Pokemon and aren't available in the US yet.); No duplicate held items allowed, No Latios/Latias with Soul Dew item, No Wobbuffet/Wynaut with Leftovers item; Certain powers (Moonlight, Morning sun, Dream Eater, Rest, Recover, Heal Order, Heal Wish, Roost, Lunar Dance, Aqua Ring, Slack Off, Milk Drink, Soft Boiled, Ingrain, Leech Seed, Swallow, Synthesis, Wish) are not allowed after 6 minutes into the match; "Modified" GBA cartridges are not allowed (i.e. Shark or Action Replay).
Entry fee - FREE

Note: I get the feeling that Darkrai maybe released before states. So who knows, maybe Darkrai will be legal by States for DS tournies. If Darkrai does get released before States, then I guess [R]visitor and I wil unban it.
~Cyber~

We'll get to the arctic circle, lads!!

Bumblebee, stop lubricating the man!!!

I'm gonna transform this Psychology textbook into a life for myself. ^_^

I'll definetly be there since I can save so much money on gas now that they moved States to my hometown.
~Cyber AKA I just saved a bunch of money on my car travels by States being switched to Salem~

Salem?

Alright.
I'll read into your statement a bit of surprise that Salem was selected for States and Regionals this year. Those that attended the SW Prereleases know the reason but I will post it here for those that have not heard. Much to the credit of the Salem, Corvallis and Eugene League Leaders the player base in the Southern Willamette Valley has grown to the point where it has equalled or perhaps even surpassed the Portland area. That was the reason for the move to Salem, since we feel that the big tournaments should be located as close to the player base as possible.

BDS

AND NW Regionals? Ugh, the one year I have a couple Regionals within drivable distance, they're all on the same day. I gotta defend my "Sierra Nevada" Regional title (NorCal is such a better name!), so gotta go there. See you all in Oregon for States :D

At least BDS has good reasons for holding the tourneys in Salem....but I'm cringing at the fact that I have to go even farther into Oregon than in previous years if I want to play in a big tourney down there. Now, everything depends on when Washington States is offically listed for...

Yea we know the real reason it is in Salem

I'll read into your statement a bit of surprise that Salem was selected for States and Regionals this year. Those that attended the SW Prereleases know the reason but I will post it here for those that have not heard. Much to the credit of the Salem, Corvallis and Eugene League Leaders the player base in the Southern Willamette Valley has grown to the point where it has equalled or perhaps even surpassed the Portland area. That was the reason for the move to Salem, since we feel that the big tournaments should be located as close to the player base as possible.

BDS

The real reason that it is in Salem is you hope for to discourage so many Washington Players from going south to play so that your Oregon Players can finally win to big events :wink: :) LOL -

Just kidding, I know that you know that would never work. Us Washington players are so crazy, You could go ahead and place your States and Regionals in Ashland and still us Washington players will come down in droves. See you for States. Probably Regionals, but I did have a lot of fun at the Sierra Nevada Regionals last year too. I wish we were not limited to only one Regionals this year, but nothing we can do about that.

Last edited:
Back