Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Please lock/delete. Nothing to see here, move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to assume that Claydol is also out of the question.

In that case, you need to use massive amounts of trainers, really. Dusk Ball, Quick Ball, and Poke-Radar run in 4s are pretty helpful, and a bunch of Professor Oak's Visits and Felicity's Drawings also really help. I can't think of much else to use really, as far as getting things out.

Claydol is not out of the question (I have atleast 6) but I am planning on running a lot of trainers for them to get their Pokes out and 4 Bebe's Research+2 or 3 Roseanne's (depends on how much Rose I can find). However, are there any ideas for easy to understand techs besides Claydol? I doubt that they can keep at it with just a few Pokemon in the deck.

I'd recommend going with a THICK trainer line with maxed out consistency. Avoid 1-off techs like Lucian's. If you can: 4 Roseanne's, 4 Bebe's, 2 NM, etc. Also, introducing them to a tech might not be a bad idea, depending on how you approach it. Are they going to be playing against each other? If so, maybe throwing in a Ditto to the Empo deck and a Nidoqueen into the Flygon.

well - are you going with the straight RR Flygon line? if so, then I'd suggest using SW Weavile for the flygon deck.

as for the empoleon - which empoleon are you using (DP, MD, SF [metal one], PT?)

Straight RR line. Hmm, not a bad choice, but the niece that is going to play this, is a complete newbie, I doubt that she can get it as she is young and over enthusiastic (ZOMG Flygon X that can deal 150!).

The Empoleon is MD of course. Is easy, can hit hard and is played by the more experienced niece. I was thinking of coupling it with TGW and TGM for disruption and draw power.

well you wanted something simplistic right? then I'd go w/ SW Weavile, use it as the power engine to speed the deck up.

as for the Empoleon deck, maybe tech in Crobat G's? I'd suggest using PT Pinplup (for early spread?)

Well, I meant that I doubt she would get Dark Flygon. I know that it can help charge Flygon but what makes it good is the Special Dark and Dark Engage. I'd give her Macheap if she would want to play it as it's all about just attacking, which is her current playing style XD.

I only have 2 Piplup PL believe it or not, but I'll add them. I also have Prinplup DP for it's Aqua Shower in.

so are you trying to go a disruptive outlook w/ the empoleon deck [based off your comment about using TGW/TGM]?

as for the flygon deck idea, if you're going FlyChamp - then why not tech 1 SW Flygon?

I suppose it would help us to know what you expect of the deck (control/spread/mashing/etc) or the playstyle of your nieces.

Well, the Flygon deck should be all about hitting hard fast. Not much there in terms of techs as long as she can hit stuff (She often forgets Cosmic Power and such and goes straight for the attack, thinking I can't do anything anymore this turn.

The niece playing Empo deck knows a fair bit about how to play, so I was thinking about a disruptive but not too hard to play Empoleon deck. I was thinking of adding 2 Let loose Giratina + 1 Tina LV.X with a couple of Level MAX for her (and those TGW and TGM).

My friend can I ask how old your Nieces are? Before people suggest anything trainer/poke wise... It would be a good idea to see if they can handle what is being thrown at them. Empo is fairly easy for all ages... Flygon - I can't see a rookie 7-8 year old handling it correctly....

Certain trainers would be better for the younger age too.... I'm working on teaching my 7 year old... So I know where you'd start with...

nidoqen from rr to help them heal thier pokemon and a decnt attacker.

if u have no leage togo to then start ur own leage.
just find a place that will let u play thier every week and a day u can doit

My friend can I ask how old your Nieces are? Before people suggest anything trainer/poke wise... It would be a good idea to see if they can handle what is being thrown at them. Empo is fairly easy for all ages... Flygon - I can't see a rookie 7-8 year old handling it correctly....

Certain trainers would be better for the younger age too.... I'm working on teaching my 7 year old... So I know where you'd start with...

The one playing Flygon is 10 and the other one is 13.

"Don't play Empoleon." Coming from someone with Empoleon as their avvy.

I'm not too sure that the Flygon is as easy as pie for the new player. Even so, I think that you should add a Ball Engine i.e. Great Ball Dusk Ball QuickBall in some sort of combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back