Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

PokeGym needs Reporters, Writers, and Translators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
The PokeGym is the largest and strongest Pokemon TCG community on the internet.
The best players, organizers, and collectors all come here to meet and share information.

However, for some reason, very few members contribute to the official content.
People go post information on other sites, but then come back here to discuss it.
What's wrong with this picture??

PokeGym is only as strong as it's members make it.
If you have talent in finding information, we want you to be a News Reporter.
If you have talent in writing well and have interesting things to say, we want you as a Columnist or Featured Writer.
If you create or tweak great decks, we want you to write about it in our Archetype section.
Read Japanese? Translate the upcoming sets for us!

If you have an interest in helping the PokeGym become not only the best forum, but also the best overall TCG website with the best content, contact me via PM. The PokeGym is your site. Step up and claim it.

Since you PM'd me already about getting more info, I am currently trying to find whatever news I can, and they will be ready to view. Thanks for the offer.

-Peter

Some quick points:

News: It must be timely. It must have a source other than another Poke-fan site. A news site, an official Pokemon site, some other major source. Images are very desirable, but again, not lifted off of another fan site.

Articles: They must be well written, interesting, and have good spelling and punctuation. This is official content, not just random posts. Again, images are desirable.

Decks: We have a format. Check out the existing deck articles to see what we want.

Images can be downloaded into out Gallery's article section by Professors. If you're not a prof, we'll work with you on getting images downloaded. Once you've shown good work, we'll set you up with access. Again, linking directly to another fan site's images from your article is a big no-no!

ninetales1234 said:
Wow, looks like +90% of Pokegym members just became ineligible...

:lol: ....
Pokepop We Still Need An Update For The Price Guide, I need some info to update it...
LMK,
Drew

TheDarkTwins said:
:lol: ....
Pokepop We Still Need An Update For The Price Guide, I need some info to update it...
LMK,
Drew
Yes, it's next on 'snore's list, after he finishes up the really cool thing that he's working on!

Arthas_Zero said:
Pops, any specific topics you would like to see in the articles?
Well written, interesting ones.

Look at what Dave writes for his articles. They come from his heart and he writes them well.
That's all that matters.
Doesn't matter if we agree with what he says or not, just as long as it's said well.

This may seem extremely jealous of me, but I'm sure other people have the same question...

Do we actually get anything for contributing, or are you just asking for more articles?

I invented the deck article format!

I'll hopefully be contributing more articles in the near future.

Did 'snore ever talk to you about our plan/proposition? Why has that never materialized? It's such a good plan.

i think everybody goes to pokebeach, etc for that kind of stuff. pokegym is way too censored...people WANT to hear about rumors, etc. pokebeach spends a lot of time finding stuff to put on his site, and he's got good contributors..plus he really doesn't hold anything back. stuff like rumors and early info wont fly on the pokegym :p

Rulemaster said:
pokegym is way too censored...
What do you mean? I think the mods do a good job at getting rid of spam. What kind of things are they doing that is excessive?

why would someone submit something to pokegym when they could post it on their own site without fear of it being censored/altered?

i get posts deleted all the time, and i never know why. all of my topics get locked within days of being posted (What can you get banned for? topic, etc). thats why people create things like Lafonte :D

ninetales1234 said:
What do you mean? I think the mods do a good job at getting rid of spam. What kind of things are they doing that is excessive?

Pokegym has alienated MANY of the best players. What do they do in excess? A lot of times... moderate poorly.

When you alienate some of the best players, you shouldn't expect some of the best content. Guess what, sites like pojo and pokebeach DON'T alienate people- and they reap the rewards. I've talked about this to some of the admins here, but they don't care too much.

Don't you find it a bit weird that people like Ness and Fulop are banned, and a lot of other great people get banned with semi-frequence? You expect good content when there is some real ignorance and bias toward some people?

On top of that, there is no reward system. I've talked about creating a reward system for good articles, posts, etc. A better system. It didn't take off.

The moderators often times seek out punishment over discipline. Quite frankly, it really aggrivates people. Aggrivates them enough to spite the gym or hate it altogether.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Rulemaster said:
why would someone submit something to pokegym when they could post it on their own site without fear of it being censored/altered?

i get posts deleted all the time, and i never know why. all of my topics get locked within days of being posted (What can you get banned for? topic, etc). thats why people create things like Lafonte :D

Bingo. The mods on the gym have a bad habit of banning/deleting without saying WHAT or WHY something is wrong. It's really stupid. It's punishment. It's not discipline. It doesn't correct problems, it doesn't benefit ANYONE involved. It only alienates people. It's really stupid.

>> Deletion - In some instances a topic or post may be deleted. In these cases the topic or post disappears from the Forum altogether. Normally used only in cases of abusive language or other inappropriate material, this is a strong enforcement action. Moderators are encouraged to keep a copy of deleted posts in the event that a question arises, or other action needs to be taken. One other case where deletion is used is flagrant SPAM. If the member has a past history of spamming, or the post is totally without substance, a Moderator does have the discretion to delete it outright. As a first step, education should generally be used though.

That's from the rules. Too bad education is SELDOM used.
I've been banned, and I've contributed a lot. I'm still really angry about why I got banned, and the fact that education was NOT used, and I got shafted for even trying to bring up the fact that education is almost never used. I've had a lot of ideas for articles, but a lot of times I don't write them out of spite. Why contribute so much of my time and effort to an institution that doesn't respect me enough to tell me why my posts get deleted?

Last edited:
moss got banned...and he's one of the BETTER posters on this board. ftw

you know all these posts right here are going to get deleted vergel. god it boils my blood.

Last edited:
Rulemaster said:
moss got banned...and he's one of the BETTER posters on this board. ftw

you know all these posts right here are going to get deleted vergel. god it boils my blood.
Now why in the world would they get deleted. They fit right in with the topic of the thread, a requerst for Reporters, Writers, and Translators.

Perhaps you could get back on tipic.

BDS

So, if you have something worth writing - that will benifit the board members - write it. If you have nothing but complaints, go to the other boards and don't waste the space here.

I don't believe PokePop asked why ppl don't report / write for the 'Gym, he asked for ppl to start submitting to get new points of view and ideas. Not the same complainers.

I would love to help out, however, most of the time I get my info and news from this site. I see some stuff on the Beach, but that's probably because I don't look in the right places here.

BDS-i am addressing the topic. think about it. i told everybody why nobody is going to want to contribute to the pokegym for news, and i backed up my statement with facts and examples. i would say that i am perfectly on topic. i just wanted people to understand why sites like pokebeach do get more hits for pokemon news, and why people would rather make their own sites than submit their info to a forum where their stories will be censored and deleted to no end. sorry if i was "off topic" PFFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back