Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon GBA Tourney @ Worlds?

[R]Visitor

Has anyone set one up yet? If not, I think i'll host one.

Here's the rules:

3 Pokemon vs. 3 Pokemon
Level 100 or below
Single Battles
No Same Hold Items
You can only have one of the "Banned" pokemon on your team. Those include:
Mewtwo, Mew, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Wobbufett
Wobbuffet can't hold Leftovers
Latios/Latias can't hold Soul Dew
If the match ends with Explosion, Selfdestruct, or Perish song, the user of the attack is disqualified. In other words, don't end the match with those moves!
Also no hacked pokemon. Yes, we'll be checking.

Prizes: (These will be added to as time goes on.)
I'll be throwing in:
1 Celebi, lvl 70, completely untrained, legit. Also one mystery Shiny Pokemon! Also a Team Rocket T-shirt ( XL ) and a collectable Team Rocket Badge!

If anyone want's to participate they should add to the pot. I'd say minimum at least a few Rare cards, in good condition, from the Deoxys set foreward, or a legendary pokemon from their GBA game, including the ones above or the legendary birds, dogs, the regi's, or the Lati's. Other prizes are welcome as well, such as pokemon merchandise.

Who's interested?

bump?

Was considering having each round's rules be different, almost liket he battle frontier but not as limiting... perhaps... any ideas are welcome, is anyone at all interested in participating?

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

why is nobody interested?! there's PRIZES for crying out loud!

Last edited:
Im interested.

A few points:

If this could take place Sunday Evening (ie. when nothing else is happening), that would be the best time.

Do we have a definate tournament structure? Swissish? Or is it single-elimination from the start?

Are you the guy I beat at Portland GC who couldn't believe he lost to my sweeping Starmie?

I lost first round to a little kid at the GC, so, no. You arnt a little kid. But, lets not bring that up, I was using horrible pokemon...

pat460 - Entry fee? I think everyone should bring a prize, should be something moderately good, like I said maybe a few rare cards, or some other form of merchandise, whatever works, just ask me if such n such prize is good i'll tell you what I think, doesn't have to be amazing just something, y'know?

Flaming Spinich- I'll have to see when/if i'm leaving sunday night. Structure depends on how many players, i'm thinking single elimination but we'll see. I was really thinking of having each round of eliminations be a different theme of battle. Like:

Round 1 - Single Battles
Roudn 2 - Double Battles
Round 3 - 1vs1 battle
Round 4- Level 5 battle

Y'know, weird stuff like that , not nessisarily that, but, something like it, something that'll show off the player's skill in multiple areas of combat. If you're good enough to win, you should be good in all areas. That type of logic. I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

You should run the propper number of swiss rounds, since the biggest problem at the GBA tournies was everything was single-elimination. Prime Cup rules every round (with the additions you stated above).

You may be able to talk to Mr. Liesik to get a few tables reserved for you at Worlds. You could get it sanctioned (not sure if that's possible), or at least, "official".

I say go for it.:thumb:

Last edited:
I think I may actually just do swiss, and each round'll be different, and whoever racks up the most points wins, simple enough, that way everyone can play a lot and have lots of fun and have more than one chance, and plus get to try all the crazy tournament rules that get made up.

i have an idea for entry fee. i will erase one of my games, or i guess you can. and then as an entry fee either a hard to get or very strong(lvl90 or above)pokemon as an entry fee. we all transfer them to that game and divde them among the winners.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

question:can wobefet not hold only leftovers, or any healing item. in short:can wobbefett hold any item other than leftoers?I.E. shell bell, which also heals?

Last edited:
I'm deffinately in! But how will I be able to get the Larvitar and Beldum EV trained by then? It's a good thing your only allowing ONE Legendary per team.

Since the tournament rounds will be random, does that mean we can switch our items in order to adapt to the new game format? Because some items don't work very well in ceratin types of games. I.e., let's say I want to use Leftovers on my Tyranitar for Single battles but Shell Bell for Doubles? Do you undertsnad what I mean?

Also, I'm having a VERY hard time deciding on what kind of Swampert to use. Including movesets, EVs and Natures. Should I use Swampcurse, mixed sweeper, Subpunch, or Physical sweeper?

whatever works better for your team, i'd suggest, regarding the swampert. Im not really versed in swamperts so im not sure what to reccomend

As for between rounds, yes, i expect that you'll almost have to switch around your teams to adapt.

Ill join this, as long as it doesnt interfere w/ my Smash Bros Tourney ;)

Round 1 - Single Battles
Roudn 2 - Double Battles
Round 3 - 1vs1 battle
Round 4- Level 5 battle

I do like this. Very Interesting.

level 5 battle would be maybe 3 or 6 level 5 pokemon fighting in double battles.

hold items, egg moves, and stat raising drugs are tottaly legal. anything above level 5 however is not. no pokemon are banned.

It's a test to see how well everyone does battle, under whatever bizzare circumstances.

WE need more people though or this tourney is gonna suck.

I also need some info on what a good time would be, from some of you guys who are more informed about what events are happening when.

I'm assuming LV 5 battle is just "Little Cup" from the pokemon stadium games, using Breeding and stuff to get the best level 5 pokemon possible. :X

Looks quite interesting... I'd join, but considering that most (if not all) of my pokemon are level 50... ://

I do not really like this format. I don't really have the time to train 4 or 5 different teams.

If it was 1 format only, I could do that and would play.

JMHO.

Rai : Level 50s? ouch! Better start leveling?

Flaming_spinich : Chances are you'll just end up using the same batch of pokemon for different styled matches, like the single battles, double battles, 1 vs 1 sudden death battles, etc.

You'd really only need an extra team of level 5's, which, literally, would require no training.

Back