Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Pokemon Naranja: ANF- May discontinue...

Title: Pokemon Naranja: A New Frontier
Author: David (Son)
Rating: PG (-13ish... I don't know, death involved)

Introduction:

This is the story of a young trainer named Shandon, who happens to
be Paul's younger brother. Though, unlike Paul, who has a careless heart
for weak Pokemon, Shandon is a caring trainer, who would never harm a Pokemon
unless to catch or battle it.

He is on a quest to become Champion of the Rennto Region, an area north of Kanto.
The region is home to the largest mineral deposits in all the 5 Regions.

Shandon's rival is another upcomer, a boy named Tyler. He is the younger brother
of Volkner, a Sinnoh Gym Leader. Tyler is a trainer somewhat like Shandon, as his nature shows.
These 2 clash several times along their journeys, though each one maintains a cool
attitude towards one another.

Prepare for the saga to begin.

Prologue:

"Cyndaquil, Flamethrower!" Cyndaquil's back flames burned violently as it let loose a
steaming flame.

This Cyndaquil belonged to a young trainer named Brian, who knew how to handle any Pokemon.
Brian's cool attitude made Cyndaquil very happy around Brian, who treated it very nicely.
Cyndaquil was raised very well while with Brian, but was otherwise shy to others.

Brian was a boy about Shandon's age, and wore the same clothes as him. They both wore
a blue cap, a black T-shirt with a red jacket on over it, blue shorts, and black tennis shoes.
They even had about the same face details.

Brian was a perfect trainer for the Cyndaquil, but one day, several years before Shandon was born,
Brian died. He was only 11 years old. The Cyndaquil was in its ball at the moment, and during
autopsy, Cyndaquil was removed and placed in a chest.

Some years later, Cyndaquil was a starter Pokemon in the Rennto Region, found by a Professor.
And by a narrow chance, he was picked by...

This has a different format, as you can see. Hopefully,
it will be easier to read. There's a link to this in another Fan Fic I have.
David out.

Last edited:
Wow, :eek::eek: That quick?

Yeah, about. The next chapter will either be edited into
the first post or the next one. Probably later today or tomorrow.
This is going to be good. :biggrin:

David out.

Chapter 1:The Journey Begins

Shandon was comfortable tucked into the covers of his bed when his alarm rang. It was 8:00 A.M.

"Gahh..." Shandon smacked his hand on the clock as he pulled the covers tighter. He lifted a bit
of the aquamarine-colored sheet to check the time.

"Wow! Already that time?! I might be late!" Shandon jumped out of bed. He looked on top of his
bedside table, where his clothes always were.

"Cap, shirt, jacket, pants, shoes. All there." Shandon stuffed his clothes on, but held onto the
jacket. He ran down the stairs to see what's for breakfast.

"Hi, Shandon. You set your alarm clock back? That's rare." His mother, Geneva, was cooking
some pancakes.

"Sorry... I might have done it in my sleep." Shandon brushed the back of his head.
"I guess when you are about to get your first Pokemon, you don't want to rush the day.
You want to savor the moment."

"That would be your brother. Who in fact, is leaving again. He's still asleep, though."
Geneva sighed as she flipped a pancake over.

"That's Paul, alright." Shandon smiled. The pancakes were done about the same time he finished
talking.

Shandon messily devoured the pancakes that appeared before him, until nothing was left.

"Shandon? What did I tell you-" Geneva stopped. Paul was walking down the stairs.
"Ah... Paul! My boy!" She smiled. "Are you leaving already?"

Paul frowned. "Yes, Mom. You should get used to it. Remember, I'm not a kid. I can handle myself.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an Elite Four to take care of. In Sinnoh."

Paul slammed the door as he went. "Shandon, I hope your not like that. Paul has gotten too
focused that he doesn't say 'Hi!' to his mom." Geneva sighed, then turned to Shandon.

"No, Mom. Never. I'm not like him." Shandon replied firmly. "And, may I ask, where is my bag
with all my clothes?"

"It's right here, Shandon. I wouldn't forget anything for you." Geneva handed the backpack to him.

"Thanks, Mom." Shandon started out the door.

"I love you, Shandon. Please come and visit soon." Geneva hugged him.

Shandon smiled. "I will." Geneva let go of him. "Goodbye!" Shandon started running down the
sidewalk.

"Goodbye, Shandon!" Geneva waved happily. She wept tears of joy. Slowly, Shandon's figure
vanished in the sunlight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shandon zig-zagged around various objects on his way to the lab. He saw a few of his friends as
well, but never had time to talk. At last he reached it, after an hour of running. He was exhausted.
Shandon had made it from Newrock Town, his home, to Minerock Town, where the lab was.

A brown haired trainer walked past him a few inches, then stopped. "Shandon, long time, no see."

"Hey, Tyler. Is that your starter Pokemon?" Shandon pointed to the Pokeball on Tyler's belt.

"Oh, this? Yeah. I got a Totodile!" Tyler unhinged it and threw it at the ground. A white light
enveloped the ground, and a 'gator shaped-figure appeared.

It gurgled some water and said gleefully, "Toto-dile!" True to his word Tyler had picked a
Totodile.

"Wow! A Totodile!" Shandon petted it on the head.

Tyler smirked. "No need to be impressed now. Later, he'll be a Feraligatr! And, Shandon.
Umm... Where's your starter?"

Shandon smiled. "I don't have one yet. But I know who I'll get. Cyndaquil!"

Tyler clapped. "You're in luck. The trainer after me hates Fire types, so she chose Chikorita."

"Great. I'll see you on the road, Tyler. 'Bye!" Shandon called as he headed towards the lab.

Tyler called back Totodile to its ball and started walking. "'Bye."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shandon opened the door to the lab. The Professor was sitting at a table with a Pokeball in hand.

"Hello, young lad. are you here for your new Pokemon?" The Professor asked.

Shandon shook his head. "Oh, yes. I want a Cyndaquil!" The Professor stood up.

"Well then, you came at exactly the right time. Cyndaquil is the last one I have." The
Professor handed the Pokeball to Shandon.

"Wow. Is it ok if I try sending it out in here?" Shandon asked.

The Professor smiled. "Yes, of course. So long as you don't call any attacks."

Shandon threw the Pokeball up in the air and a light began flashing. A sihlouette appeared in the
form of a porcupine. The Cyndaquil stood firmly on the ground. The protruding fire on its back
burned heavily.

"Cynda-" The Cyndaquil yawned and turned to Shandon. Its eyes widened. Shandon looked, to
Cyndaquil, like Brian! Cyndaquil immediately ran up to Shandon and climbed up his arm. It
perched on his shoulder, where Shandon rubbed its head softly. Cyndaquil smiled.

The Professor folded his arms. "Well, lad. It turns out Cyndaquil is quite fond of you already."

Shandon smiled. "Thank you, Professor."

The Professor smiled, too. "Please, call me... Cody."

There's the beginning chapter. David out.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! This Fan Fic is off to the best start
I've ever had! All credit goes to you. :thumb::thumb:

And without further adieu, Chapter 2!

Chapter 2:Route 232

Shandon was slowly strolling down a sidewalk, with Cyndaquil by his side.

"Hey, you know what? I forgot to check your moves, Cyndaquil!" Shandon
quickly pulled out the Pokeball for Cyndaquil. It stood squarely on the ground,
waiting to be scanned.

It read: Cyndaquil LV. 30

Lonely Nature
No Held Item
Moves:
Heat Wave
Smokescreen
Flare Blitz
Crush Claw

"Wow, Cyndaquil! How did you get this?" Shandon was deeply surprised by the outcome.
Cyndaquil chirped happily, "Cyndaquil!" as he put the Pokeball away.

They kept walking, Shandon impressed by Cyndaquil. They came upon a round hill, where
Shandon spotted a group of trainers circled around one.

They all were yelling, "Give me a strong Pokemon, too!" and, "Can I battle you?"

The one in the middle silently waved his hands in a stopping motion and jumped from the
rock he was standing on. He casually strolled over to Shandon, Pokeball in hand.

He smirked and flipped the ball up and down. "Hey, rookie! You up for a battle, or your not? Well?"
The boy asked Shandon.

"The name is Shandon. You want a fight, come on. I may be new, but my Pokemon isn't!"
Cyndaquil stood in front of him, arms crossed.

"I'm Nathan, the toughest trainer around. A Cyndaquil won't cut it against me!" Nathan
taunted. "Go, Meditite!"

Nathan threw his Pokeball up, and a flash rocketed down in front of him. The shape of
a short human appeared. It had a white head and blue eyes. Meditite assumed a karate
stance at Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil's back flames fired violently.

"Meditite, Hi Jump Kick!" Meditite jumped high up in the sky on Nathan's orders, then
flew towards Cyndaquil, its left foot aiming for Cyndaquil's head.

"Cyndaquil, Smokescreen!" Shandon called as it let out a blast of soot from its mouth.
The smoke covered the entire area of where Cyndaquil was.

Meditite lunged into the smoke, hoping that it would hit Cyndaquil.

Nathan cackled. "Hah! It's over already!"

"I wouldn't be so sure, Nathan! Look." Shandon folded his arms.
Nathan looked at the smoke.

The smoke cleared, only to reveal Meditite had crashed into the ground. Cyndaquil
stood behind it, slowly rubbing its foot on the ground.

"It's over already!" Shandon imitated.

Cyndaquil rushed its foot harder, kicking up dust in the process.

"Cyndaquil, toast it! Flare Blitz!" Shandon ordered as it lit up in an orange glow.
"Charge!" Cyndaquil rushed towards Meditite, who was still struggling to lift its
foot out of the ground.

"Meditite, jump!" Nathan panickly yelled, but Cyndaquil already smashed into Meditite,
head-first to its stomach.

Meditite flew backwards, spiraling into a tree and snapping it.

Cyndaquil turned to Shandon and chirped, "Cyndaquil!" Meditite had fainted, handing Nathan
his first loss.

"Well, Shandon, you win. Great battle. That Cyndaquil is really something. How'd it learn
Flare Blitz?" Nathan congratulated Shandon as he returned Meditite to its Pokeball.

"I have no idea. Meditite was great. See you around, Nathan!" Shandon walked through the
jaw-dropped crowd of trainers, who just stood there. He ran with Cyndaquil right to Route 233,
and soon, Graniford City, the first Rennto Gym.

"'Bye." Nathan strolled down another path.

The gasping trainers never moved, fearing another one like Shandon would come. So one by one,
jaws still hanging open, they placed their Pokeballs in their bags.

There's Chapter 2. David out.

You're going to keep coming around? Ok.

Chapter 3 might come later today, tomorrow.
That one is about Route 233. Cyndaquil might evolve. (?)
Shandon catches some new Pokemon.

4 is the Graniford Gym Battle. Catches a new one
before this, too.

David out.

Last edited:
Back