Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Prague CUP 2011 LIVE Coverage INFO

Mischkoman

HI GUUUUUUUUYS !!!

I want to say hello for all the Pokémon players from all over the world, mainly from Europe.

My name is well-known in all Czech Republic and Slovak Republic, coz I´m Pokémon Professor, chairman and organizer of Pokémon Slovak Team, Tournament Manager .. and today I´ll go along with you as COVERAGE MANAGER during the best and the biggest european tournament ---

PRAGUE EUROPEAN CUP 4.-6. 11. 2011

--- in the capital of the Czech Republic, in Prague.

So my role will be to report LIVE what willk be happening in EPC. And all the news, materials, deck lists, game situations, TOP players and theirs matches will be reported in our CZE-SVK website PokéWorld:

http://www.pokeworld.cz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2036&view=unread#unread

Please if you haven´t arrived on the tournament, you could check our LIVE website and be with us in the fairytale of this interesting game :pokeball: :thumb:

MICHAL "Mischkoman" HERTLÍK - EPC LIVE COVERAGE MANAGER

Its a lot harder than you guys seem to think it is, At least there doing something for everyone to say. Just to say it completely sucks its pretty rude.

We've condensed all of the information here. Apparently the top cut rounds were reduced to 45 minutes best 2/3 for top cut because of time constraints. As a result, the word is that TZPS won every division, but I'm still waiting to confirm.

We've condensed all of the information here. Apparently the top cut rounds were reduced to 45 minutes best 2/3 for top cut because of time constraints. As a result, the word is that TZPS won every division, but I'm still waiting to confirm.

well.......that's depressing :nonono:

Hi guys, I will definately have a long talk with the coverage manager. My ideas were realy different. Sorry for this.
Snox

Thanks to all who did come! We tried hard to make it big and I hope you enjoyed bigger hall and more various program ;). If it would be any next Prague CUP I would better prepare and enforce the time management and online coverage reporting. We are also thinking about some video innovations...;)

And here are the final results...

Final Results:

Juniors

1 Ilan L. (FR)
2 Vianney L. (FR)
3 Daniel F. (CZ)
4 Paolo C. (IT)
5 Jindrich N. (CZ)
6 Robert L. (DK)
7 Ondrej K. (CZ)
8 Martin M. (CZ)
9 Filip K. (CZ)
10 Thoralf R. (DE)
11 Martin B. (CZ)
12 Nathan D. (CH)
13 Amy C. (DE)
14 Ondrej N. (CZ)
15 Marcel M. (CZ)
16 David M. (CZ)
17 Jan K. (CZ)

Seniors
1 Alexandre M. (FR)
2 Philip S. (DE)
3 David H. (DE)
4 Jan Z. (CZ)
5 Olivier M. (FR)
6 Alexander W. (AU)
7 Miloslav P. (CZ)
8 Titouan V. (CH)
9 Merlin Q. (DE)
10 Niklas B. (DE)
11 Simon H. (CZ)
12 Matej K. (CZ)
13 Dan M. (CZ)
14 Zdenek M. (CZ)
15 Petr V. (CZ)
16 Lukas P. (AU)
17 Robin Q. (DE)
18 Michal N. (CZ)
19 Major M. (PL)
20 Petr M. (CZ)
21 Bantosz S. (PL)
22 Nils P. (DE)
23 Tom C.(DE)
24 Federico R. (IT)
25 Martin B. (CZ)
26 Eliska B. (CZ)
27 Piotr O. (PL)
28 Matous M. (CZ)
29 Sebastian L. (AU)
30 Laurens v. B. (NL)
31 Laurent V. (FR)
32 Leonard D. (CZ)
33 David V. (CZ)
34 Bartosz B. (PL)
35 Matej H. (CZ)

Masters
1 Stephane Ivanoff (FR)
2 Finn Looft (DE)
3 Filipp Lausch (AU)
4 Cedric Gouin (FR)
5 Stefan Weber (AU)
6 Moreno Marcucci (IT)
7 Joshua Galys (DE)
8 Marcin Kurek (PL)
9 Kay Luedecke (DE)
10 Karl Peters (DE)
11 Christian Gessner (DE)
12 Maxime Rouvreau (FR)
13 Lorenzo Pieri (IT)
14 Otakar Bursa (CZ)
15 Ole Stognief (DE)
16 Darius Scarno (IT)
17 Sascha Giger (CH)
18 Tobias Thesing (DE)
19 Martin Kaninsky (CZ)
20 Daniel Middleton (GB)
21 Gianmarco Morle (IT)
22 Luc Dvchosal (CH)
23 Vincent Azzolin (FR)
24 Michal Bartosik (CZ)
25 Steven Mao (DE)
26 Lorenzo Voltolina (IT)
27 Nikola Vakarelov (FR)
28 Martin van der Vis (NL)
29 Marcas Marin-baliano (DE)
30 David Sturm (DE)
31 Michal Luong (CZ)
32 Samuel Zettinig (AU)
33 Igor Sulima (CZ)
34 Guy Champollion (FR)
35 Martin Dvorak (CZ)
36 George Boon (GB)
37 Nico Alabas (DE)
38 Alessandro Cremascoli (IT)
39 Jonas Prohaska (AU)
40 Jakub Truhlar (CZ)
41 Jan Ringel (DE)
42 Ondrej Kopulety (CZ)
43 Luca Clavadetscher (CH)
44 Leonardo Marialeoni (IT)
45 Tomas Just (CZ)
46 Simone Soldo (IT)
47 Marco Escher (IT)
48 Federico Fanara (IT)
49 Tommy Roberts (GB)
50 Filip Carloso (PT)
51 Denny Falls Rodriguez (DE)
52 Tracy Ann Landicho (IT)
53 Filip Majer (CZ)
54 Tamao Cameron (GB)
55 Christophe Caron (FR)
56 Ruslan Hlovyak (CZ)
57 Dietmar Wistuba (DE)
58 Soren Lau (DK)
59 Stanislav Hutar (CZ)
60 Sacha Louboff (FR)
61 Cyrille Leroy (FR)
62 Stefan Pattke (DE)
63 Emanuele Papa (IT)
64 Tomas Pazdera (SK)
65 David Garvey (GB)
66 Jan Skala (CZ)
67 Luca Schuster (AU)
68 Matys Moree (NL)
69 Kacper Morawski (PL)
70 Michaela Hirzberger (AU)
71 Martin Piskor (CZ)
72 Marcel Mravec st. (CZ)
73 Vanessa Golli (FR)
74 Jan Forejt (CZ)
75 Matej Spinka (CZ)
76 Dan Beringer (CZ)
77 Konrad Kowalski (PL)
78 Tomasz Tegler (PL)
79 Mikolaj Dusinski (PL)
80 Jakub Vicherek (CZ)
81 Matthias Michel (AU)
82 Alex Bois (FR)
83 Joao Lopes (PT)
84 Michael Ritchie (GB)
85 Sebastian Rath (AU)
86 Ingo Siegling (DE)
87 Oscar Batalha (PT)
88 Sara Tamisari (IT)
89 Oliver Barz (DE)
90 Marek Rehacek (CZ)
91 Fabrizio Corrioni (IT)
92 Richard Crowley (DE)
93 Milena Rehackova (CZ)
94 Marc Schneider (DE)
95 Tomasz Chmura (PL)
96 Romuald Lavallee (FR)
97 Jennifer Giwanski (DE)
98 Karin Luedecke (DE)
99 Teresa Barros (PT)
100 David Caravaca (FR)
101 Ladislav Prosek (CZ)
102 Nikola Hnátová (CZ)
103 Fabrizio Cremascoli (IT)
104 Stanislav Vacha (CZ)
105 Jan Goetz (CZ)
106 Michael Pogodda (DE)
107 Oleg Lipnicki (PL)
108 Loic Arjanen (FR)
109 Stepan Ruzek (CZ)

DNF
1 Bialgio Micali (IT)
2 Petr Janous (CZ)
3 Pascal Bock (DE)
4 Anne-Sophie Marcant (FR)
5 Martin Sutka (CZ)
6 Robin Schulz (DE)
7 Radim Spicar (CZ)
8 Anna v.Brecht (NL)
9 Chrisonalants Amanatidis (DE)
10 Bjorn Reinsdorf (DE)
11 Petr Maly (CZ)
12 Katerina Mihalikova (CZ)
13 Sebastian Hayen (DE)
14 Akcan Isik (DE)
15 Kristyna Varadiova (CZ)
16 Jakub Kremlicka (CZ)
17 Daniel Hetzel (DE)
18 Jindrich Nepevny (CZ)
19 Adam Holan (CZ)
20 Marc Lutz (DE)
21 Sven Waelti (CH)
22 Bastian Becker (DE)
23 Filip Sikora (CZ)
24 Krystof Kaninsky (CZ)
25 Karin v.Brecht (NL)
26 Merlin Schmidt (DE)

Lol. Zekrom sweeps the Prague Cup. What does this mean for US Regionals this weekend?
Tops were played b-o-3 45 min. That's why Zekrom won.

Until Saturday evening it was ok except for that random repairing (that costed two of my friends a game). But 45-min-topcut is absolutely no-go, sorry. It completely shuffled up the final results. I lost due to that time limit in top 32 (sudden death vs Zekrom) and I know from a lot of other players who could have won otherwise. Almost all games in top cut went to time out, most were decided by sudden death. Too sad an otherwise nice tournament has been completely ruined by that. =(

btw 45-min time limit in b-o-3 also makes some deck choices unplayable (like Gothitelle). Something like that HAS to be announced before, but if it had been, I guess half of the players wouldn't even travel to Prague and 90 % of the others would have played Zekrom.

In all respect to the good things at the tournament - there is no excuse for this issue.

Well I understand that 45 min. top cut rounds are a bummer and it would always be preferable to be able to finish the match, but that is the time that every tourney adheres to in U.S. so, IMO, just have to know how to adjust their playins style to the situation. Everyone had the same field to play on.

^ Just not true lol... Some decks CANT win under these conditions, this needs to be announced before..

Well I understand that 45 min. top cut rounds are a bummer and it would always be preferable to be able to finish the match, but that is the time that every tourney adheres to in U.S. so, IMO, just have to know how to adjust their playins style to the situation. Everyone had the same field to play on.
As far as I know, there never was any big tournament I know of where top cut time limit was 45 min - not in the US and not in Europe, even last year's Prague Cup got 60 min as well. 45 min has only been used for matchplay Swiss rounds in some European countries or for pure single elimination tournaments like LCQ.

You can't adjust your playing style to something you don't know. They told us about this Sunday morning, and some decks didn't even have a chance to win in this format. And no, it's not the same for everyone. It's a completely different format in topcut that favors some decks above others. If top cut was reduced to 16 and announced at the beginning of the tournament, that would be sad, but acceptable, since nobody could be sure there would be top 32 when signing up to the cup. But everyone expected a proper top cut play when signing up and choosing the deck.

There were so many option to avoid that problem - get the room longer, start an hour earlier Sunday morning or just play the first single elimination round at Saturday evening, like it already has been done at some US Nationals and Worlds. As I said, 45-min top cut is not an acceptable solution for time problems, exspecially not at big tournaments.

How some decks cant win under this condition when in swiss rounds is the limit 30 minutes? If you pick such deck you wont get thru Swiss rounds....you need to win 1 round in at least 30 minutes...so if it is 45 limit you would win 1:0 at least.

How some decks cant win under this condition when in swiss rounds is the limit 30 minutes? If you pick such deck you wont get thru Swiss rounds....you need to win 1 round in at least 30 minutes...so if it is 45 limit you would win 1:0 at least.

And then you loose the second one due to time-out and the sudden death, because the oppenent is faster....
That's why it should've been announced before.

But anyways, Gothitelle was no good choice from the beginning, because there were alot who teched vs. it in the end. ;D

Top cut SEF should always be 60 mins best of 3.

45 mins is fine for swiss rounds in small tournies.

Back