Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Professor Test now online for testing!

mysterioustrainer

Hey everyone, the test is avalable to existing professors (with My Pokemon accounts) to test out. I just tried it and its quite buggy (not to mention that I didn't pass even though I double checked my answers). However POP does want our feedback on the test so give your thoughts!

To take the test visit your My Pokemon page.

Last edited:
You have to log in to your My Pokemon account. Once you've done that, if you are a current Professor, the link to the test should show up in the "Professors" section of your My Pokemon account.

Worked pretty well for me. I really like this my.pokemon thing-one account for everything- player, professor, TO. With DCI all you had is one number.

M_Liesik said:
You have to log in to your My Pokemon account. Once you've done that, if you are a current Professor, the link to the test should show up in the "Professors" section of your My Pokemon account.

I just see:

Professors

Coming Soon!

Is it cookie-based (like, do I need to clear my Temporary Internet Files)?

Or does this mean POP doesn't think I'm a Professor? (possibly due to multiple POP IDs - first as Prof, then as League Leader, then as TO, etc.)

Took the test, and passed it! /me's happy ^_^

Any bug appeared... just questions are not separated for each category (Rulings - Judging - TO)

Were our old questions we sent some time ago used for the test? Or you've trashed them? ;)

Not to mention that they're only providing partial information on the cards...information that is required for the answer. At least the WotC test gave you the Oracle Text for the cards in question.

I noticed that as well. It made the test a little annoying having to go find out whether peliper has Electric weakness or not. Other than that it seemed a little easier than the Wotc version. And A LOT shorter

SD PokéMom said:
Shows as 'coming soon!' for me, too...:(

'mom

I emailed Michael L. with info about my Prof ID and 'other' ID (TO, League Leader, etc) and mysteriously I'm able to see the link now! (only thing is, I no longer have my links for TO and League stuff :( - but I'm sure that's just temporary!)

I got an email telling me about the Professor test, so check your emails! Naturally i took it and i got 2 wrong :mad: Would like to know what 2 i got wrong - maybe the email i'll be getting shortly will let me know (along with details of the program). Now to leave some feedback....

Edited: Got the email and know what 2 i got wrong. So now got more feedback.... :D No details about the Professor Program but that's probably because it's a test.

Last edited:
RainbowRichards said:
I emailed Michael L. with info about my Prof ID and 'other' ID (TO, League Leader, etc) and mysteriously I'm able to see the link now! (only thing is, I no longer have my links for TO and League stuff :( - but I'm sure that's just temporary!)

I was near when all of this happened. There was a glitch when Mike checked your account and set you as a professor, which ended up clearing your other statuses. It should be fixed in the morning.

Another thing it made us aware of, was that some of you aren't currently set as professors either, which will also be corrected shortly.

Thanks all!

Prof. Dav

BJJ763 said:
Edited: Got the email and know what 2 i got wrong. So now got more feedback.... :D No details about the Professor Program but that's probably because it's a test.

Anyone remember the League Year One Certified Coach Test? Got them all correct except for the one that asked how many energy cards you could place on your Pokemon per turn, error on my part :D

I'm happy that the test is out and we can actually test it around before it hits the masses. Will there be a written version available? I will be sending some questions in and editing a few. Little FYI: The number of energy on the R/S Gardevoir is out of place and included in the Oracle text. ;)
-Phil

Professor Dav said:
I was near when all of this happened. There was a glitch when Mike checked your account and set you as a professor, which ended up clearing your other statuses. It should be fixed in the morning.

Another thing it made us aware of, was that some of you aren't currently set as professors either, which will also be corrected shortly.

Thanks all!

Prof. Dav

Thanks for the confirmation - and, true to form, I've once again proved that if it can be broke, I can break it! :D (that's what makes me such a great beta-tester lol) Glad to be of 'service'!

I missed six questions (am at work working right now so that may be why), but otherwise looks good to me!

How many do you need to pass this? 20 is the number that comes to my mind (I don't know why), if that's the case I was one off from passing the test again. (the original test, when I took it the first time, I was one off from passing).

Oops! I didn't notice that I got an email before I mentioned to them that I wanted to know which questions I missed! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I still felt that it was too easy... and short.

[edit]
OK, I took the test twice. Once I tried to pass it (I got 20/25). I received an email saying congratulations, I'm now a professor. this email came along with descriptions of the questions that I got wrong.

I took it the second time, totally messing up (i got 1/20) and I received an email saying:

We are sorry but you did not score high enough to become a Pokémon Professor.
You scored 4%!
Please feel free to come back and retake the test in 14 days.

Thanks,
The Pokémon Professor Program

I'd like to at least know which types of questions I missed (TO, Judge, Gameplay). so i knew which areas to study...

[/edit]

Last edited:
Back