Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ps3 or Xbox 360?

G landers

That's my question just like the title says i have been a hardcore nintendo fan forever but the lack of actually hardcore games on the wii have turned me to buy the ps3 or the xbox 360 i'am wanting to hear from more than one side on which is the better console because i have come into some money recently and can't decide on which one i want so please let your voice be heard.Let me know soon as i'am getting one or the other in the morning.

I would think the ps3 is good because a good portion of games on the 360 are on ps3 but some exclusives are on a particular console like gears of war is only on xbox 360.
you might want to consider what great games are for you and figure out what games lead you to their console.so check out the games that are only exlusive to the console only and help figur eout your decision that way.
Also keep in mind xbox360 has more problems like disc not reading or overheating,ps3 has had problems with reading bluray dvds.
So it all depends what is best in your favor.
If most exclusive games that are best for you are on the 360 then go for it its worth the headaches then,but if the games lead you to ps3 you might miss out some great exlusives to the [DEL]ps3[/DEL]xbox360
sorry made a mistake there dident mean ps3 meant x360

That's my question just like the title says i have been a hardcore nintendo fan forever but the lack of actually hardcore games on the wii have turned me to buy the ps3 or the xbox 360 i'am wanting to hear from more than one side on which is the better console because i have come into some money recently and can't decide on which one i want so please let your voice be heard.Let me know soon as i'am getting one or the other in the morning.

Last edited:
Ok thanks for posting and letting your voice be heard! I know it is ultimately up to me to decide which console but i want to hear a lot of different views on the subject to help me decide.:thumb:

IMO, get the 360, since they started putting in the new Jasper heat sinks, over-heating is pretty much a solved problem, plus Xbox LIVE is 100x better than PSN, and is totally worth the extra $50 for a year's subscription.

The PS3 gives you more bang for your buck, as it's way ahead of the 360 as far as inclusives, i.e. BluRay and system specs. However, 360 ftw. More games, more people, and c'mon, Netflix? How can you go wrong?

Get the 360, just as good as Wii. Only thing is, is that Wii is for Family and Parties when 360 is for yourself. Both are great and I still prefer PS2 over PS3 because, the only difference is graphics and the games aren't always as good as 360 or Wii. Halo or SSBB anyone? PS3 will never be as good as 360 or Wii. So it can play Bluray, so what. 360 also has great online ability and will eventually will be getting Natal which will be great. LOL. Don't forget Netflix and the cool arcade games and stuff. LOL

Do you already have any of the previous generation systems?

The buy would be the Slim PS3 for $299.99. The 360 is a huge waste of money and you will likely use the warrenty service within a month. They are so unrelaible. Vista has fewer problems than the 360. With the PS3 you will also be getting a Blu-Ray player since that is the disc format for PS3 games while the 360 uses DVD-ROMs which means lower quality graphics. Also Xbox live you have to PAY EXTRA for which IMO is a waste becuase you are already paying for internet anyways. PSN is FREE. Over-heating is still a problem but there are countless other problems that will cause you to get the Red-Ring of Death. You will spend more time sending in the 360 for service than you will actually playing it. Only thing the 360 has going for it is Halo which IMO is an average FPS which was only made popular due to its online play. Only 360 game I would ever play is Dead Rising. Also most 360 games come out for the PS3. Lastly the online store that the 360 uses is very strange as to how many points you get for a certain amount you pay. Its not like Wii or PS3 where its either $1.00 for 100 points or $1.00 = $1.00 its like $50.00 for 3400 points which makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
The buy would be the Slim PS3 for $299.99. The 360 is a huge waste of money and you will likely use the warrenty service within a month. They are so unrelaible. Vista has fewer problems than the 360. With the PS3 you will also be getting a Blu-Ray player since that is the disc format for PS3 games while the 360 uses DVD-ROMs which means lower quality graphics. Also Xbox live you have to PAY EXTRA for which IMO is a waste becuase you are already paying for internet anyways. PSN is FREE. Over-heating is still a problem but there are countless other problems that will cause you to get the Red-Ring of Death. You will spend more time sending in the 360 for service than you will actually playing it. Only thing the 360 has going for it is Halo which IMO is an average FPS which was only made popular due to its online play. Only 360 game I would ever play is Dead Rising. Also most 360 games come out for the PS3. Lastly the online store that the 360 uses is very strange as to how many points you get for a certain amount you pay. Its not like Wii or PS3 where its either $1.00 for 100 points or $1.00 = $1.00 its like $50.00 for 3400 points which makes no sense.

I have had my 360 since the release and it has never had any problems like the red ring of death or so. 360 is now I think $250 and is cheaper than before. Elite also just went down in price. I have a lot of friends with a 360 and they haven't had the red ring either and only one of them has and he was unlucky. LOL. Oh well, I think 360 is better but it is up to G Lander to decide what he wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS3 will never be as good as 360 or Wii. So it can play Bluray, so what. 360 also has great online ability and will eventually will be getting Natal which will be great. LOL. Don't forget Netflix and the cool arcade games and stuff. LOL

Look at sales figures in Japan where the 360 is behind in sales to the PS2. Yeah its so great thats why the PS2 is still selling more. Project Natal is huge gimick that is still concept and I highly doubt will ever see the light of day as the system will fail before. Netflix is no WOW factor. If you have Netflix already so what. PS3 you can buy the movie.

Do you already have any of the previous generation systems?

I have the ps2 but they aren't backwards compatible anymore. Good thread people i wanted this to take off and it did i like the opinions I'm hearing and I'm pretty worried about the red ring of death I'm not going to lie.

Well if you can find a decent price on a 60 GB PS3 for under $600. They were BC. You have a PS2 so it shouldn't matter about BC then. I did read though in gameinformer that Sony would like to evantually put all PS2 games on the PSN but I don't see that happening for at least a couple years if that.

Look at sales figures in Japan where the 360 is behind in sales to the PS2. Yeah its so great thats why the PS2 is still selling more. Project Natal is huge gimick that is still concept and I highly doubt will ever see the light of day as the system will fail before. Netflix is no WOW factor. If you have Netflix already so what. PS3 you can buy the movie.

This post fails because PS2 continued to outsell PS3 in the US for a long, LONG time.

DS is still outselling everything though, guess it's the best game system of all time.

Oh, also, in Japan, 360 outsold PS3 28,000 units to 8,000 in the first weeks of September this year... so I dunno what your numbers really mean but my numbers contradict yours.

I like my 360. XBL is just overall more streamlined than PSN - I hear complaints from PS3 owners all the time about how awkward some basic things can be like reading multiple messages. Also multi-platform games TEND to look/play better on 360 than on PS3. Not always but in general they do.

This post fails because PS2 continued to outsell PS3 in the US for a long, LONG time.

DS is still outselling everything though, guess it's the best game system of all time.

Oh, also, in Japan, 360 outsold PS3 28,000 units to 8,000 in the first weeks of September this year... so I dunno what your numbers really mean but my numbers contradict yours.

I like my 360. XBL is just overall more streamlined than PSN - I hear complaints from PS3 owners all the time about how awkward some basic things can be like reading multiple messages. Also multi-platform games TEND to look/play better on 360 than on PS3. Not always but in general they do.

I read it in Gameinformer.

Also I hardly hear of anyone complaining about the System Design. Also when I look at side by side comparisions the PS3 versions 80% of the time look better. You also need an HDMI with an HD TV to get the best out of any system and the games I play with the HDMI + HD TV look amazing though grpahics a good does not make. Nintendo proves that you do not need amazing graphics to make good and enjoyable games.

Back