Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Raieggs/ Delta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alval

This is my first time posting on this site, and from what I've been reading, I have decided to build this deck, its cheaper to build than many others and it seems consistant.
This is the list:

Pokemon:22

Exeggute X4
Exeggutor X4
Pikachu HP X4 (Metal)(the common one)
Raichu X4
Holon's Castform X4
Holon's Megnemite X2

Trainers: 27
Holon Tranciever X4
Holon Mentor X3
Holon Researcher X2
Holon Adv X2
Holon Scientist X 1
Scott X1
Cursed Stone X3
Cessation Crystal X4
Mary's Request X4
Holon Legacy X 2
Battle Frontier X 1(not sure, good discarding bait though)

Energy:11
4x Metal
4x Scramble
3x Double Rainbow

Exeggutor is used to hit fast and deal big damage, especially in the begining of the game. Raichu is there for Zzzzzap for decks relying of Poke-Powers/Bodies(many of these in my metagame), 2nd attack is used mainly for needed bi KOs(like imp Stage 2 Pokemon or exs). Holon's Castform is there for a consistant start, to draw me early cards, while Holon's Magnemite can be searched if needed through mentor, anyways, many of you know this stuff... I don't know if my trainer line is solid enough, is Briney needed? Should I put Protective Orb? Any comments/ suggestions are all welcome, thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Holon's magnemite is there to use mentor early game and get it for Raichu's Zzzzzap, I might consider the Mawile idea, but if I did put it in I'd be wasting an energy which I could have given to exeggute, should I put casaway then? I think Delta rainbow isn't a bad idea, but I don't have space for it... Keep the comments coming please...

The Phenom1993 said:
play 3-3 exegutor....remove magnemite and add 3 mawile(CG)
Add 4 delta rainbow too

WHAT!?!

Alright, let's explain some things...

3-3 Exeggutor
No. Eggs is just as important to the whole deck strategy as Raichu. Removing ANY of the Eggs or Raichu line can completely ruin the deck. Don't do it.

remove magnemite
No. Magnemite is Mentorable Energy. That is good. People debate how many Magnemite is the correct play (2, 3, or 4), but nearly everyone at least agrees that Magnemite DOES belong in the deck.

and add 3 mawile(CG)
No. Castform is 300000x better than Mawile. Mawile grabs you ONE trainer. Castform grabs you upwards of FIVE cards. Five is more than One. BTW, Mawile can not be played as energy after you no longer need it as a starter.

Add 4 delta rainbow too
Your best suggestion. But d Rainbow is completely pointless as you already play more than enough energy. DRE, Scramble, Metal, Magnemite and Castform give you more than enough energy. D Rainbow is worse than any of the other energy, so by default it's not in the deck.

For a good list and discussion, check this out: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43505

sceptilerancher said:
play 4 scramble and 4 DRE
and no mawile...

isn't 4 DRE overkill? when I use it I always keep in mind that it reduces the damage done to my opponent...

Flaming spinach: thanks for the tips

Ppl keep them coming pls

Nice list, good deck choice.

-1 Farmer
-1 Briney

+1 DRE
+1 Mentor

I personally don't like Briney, too situational, especially to play 2. I might play 3 Request 2 Adventurer instead of the other way around.

Vallastro litirallment ma tafx taghmel deck!!!!!
Jien ilni naghmel hafna decks u ghandi ragun!!!!
Dawn ma jafux x'inu raieggs specjalment flaming spinaci!!!!

Ghidilo li andi litirallment ragun!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Phenom1993 said:
Vallastro litirallment ma tafx taghmel deck!!!!!
Jien ilni naghmel hafna decks u ghandi ragun!!!!
Dawn ma jafux x'inu raieggs specjalment flaming spinaci!!!!

Ghidilo li andi litirallment ragun!!!!!!!!!!!!

talk in English so every one can understand...lol, I agree with Flaming Spinach, because Mawile wastes an Energy I could have given to another Poke...

Mattalvis: Thanks for the tips, I'll put in another Mary's request instead of Adventure..., Isn't a fourth Mentor too much? I have transciever too, but I guess I'll try that out...

Too anyone: Should I put in Holon Legacy? It protects my weakness... and could I put in a castaway, to search for imp tools? thanks

Dante63s: Is 2-3 enough? I don't hink I have that many left, b'cause others are decked... thanks

Alval said:
Mattalvis: Thanks for the tips, I'll put in another Mary's request instead of Adventure..., Isn't a fourth Mentor too much? I have transciever too, but I guess I'll try that out...

I like running 4 Trans, 4 Mentor, 4 Castform because it optimizes your chances of having a Castform start, which is what you want like 95% of the time anyway.

mattalvis said:
I like running 4 Trans, 4 Mentor, 4 Castform because it optimizes your chances of having a Castform start, which is what you want like 95% of the time anyway.
Just wondering how do you figure running more trans and mentor increases the chance of a castform start? Both Pikachu and Eggs have a retreat cost so you wouldnt be able to DD turn 1 even if you benched castform turn 1, unless you mean you use switch or somethin?

Venusaur said:
Just wondering how do you figure running more trans and mentor increases the chance of a castform start? Both Pikachu and Eggs have a retreat cost so you wouldnt be able to DD turn 1 even if you benched castform turn 1, unless you mean you use switch or somethin?

I suppose I shouldn't have used the term "start". I meant a T1 or T2 Castform, cause yea obviously if you don't open with it you will have to wait a turn or burn a Warp or Switch.

However, if you do open with a Castform, your chances of filling up your bench is better if you run 4/4 trans/mentor than 4/3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back