Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Remember 9/11

Porii Sames

Please everyone, don't let the next generation forget this tragic event.

I can't believe it's been 10 years since it happened, I was so young...

Remember, but do not focus. If we do not understand the past, we will be doomed to repeating previous mistakes. Even so, if we dwell on the past, the future will pass us by. Remember, but move forward. I happened to lose a family friend, but I am certainly not still going to memorials and what-not. This was certainly a tragedy, but we must all come to accept it and move forward. For this reason, I am opposed to making 9/11 a holiday or even a national memorial day. Still focusing on that day is exactly what the terrorists who attacked us wanted. They certainly caused terror and they are making us waste our time and energy remembering this unfortunate event.

Eventually, I hope this will go into the history books along with other previous tragedies such as The Holocaust, the French Revolution, etc. 9/11 is a very interesting event and it should go into the section of the books on "The War on Terror". I hope that we do stop mourning the event and treating it as a historical tragedy. Perhaps in another generation we will be able to tell our kids that we were there... but our kids will not start mourning about it, but treat it as a historical tragedy.

Hoping I'm not sounding too negative... just a bit of healthy cynicism. Once again, this was a terrible event, but we should not continue mourning the event.

Z, I didn't even lose anyone in 9/11, but I still think it should be remembered for generations.

But I kinda agree, we don't have a Pearl Habor "celebration" day, and while we do have a day to remember it, it's not normally thought about for too long.

But yeah, for the most part, I agree.

2,606 people died in 9/11 (the actual hitting of the towers)

5.9 million jews died during the holocaust.

we have a long day of mourning on 9/11, but we have very little comparatively for the holocaust despite having about 2000 times the deaths. doesn't compute to me.

Gallade, that's probably because the Holocaust was a long time ago. 9/11 was a bit more recent, an event that our generation was actually there when it happened.

Of course, the holocaust was a terrible event, but I think it is still mourned as much as or more than 9/11.

"Remember"

Remember ten years ago,
Some men, obsessed with anger and and hate,
Hi-jacked, and crashed some planes,
Two of which sealed the Twin Towers fate.

Remember the firefighters,
The men, and the cops,
Who kept the death ratio,
From 80,000 to 6,000 tops.

Remember the men and woman,
Remember the lives given away,
Remeber the attrocities that took place,
Remember the event, honor the people today

2,606 people died in 9/11 (the actual hitting of the towers)

5.9 million jews died during the holocaust.

we have a long day of mourning on 9/11, but we have very little comparatively for the holocaust despite having about 2000 times the deaths. doesn't compute to me.

You don't get it...9/11 did way more than take the lives of 3,000 people (we have to count the Pentagon and people in the planes)...It took away the innocence people felt about the world. It made kids grow up faster than they had to, and made the world what it is today.

9/11 and the holocaust can't be compared.

Yours,

-The Mime

WHAT!!!
There was still innocence in the world when 4 million innocent civilians had died? That's news to me.
Posted with Mobile style...

It doesn't matter which tragedy was more tragic. Completely irrelevant conversation.

RIP to those lost on 9/11 and my condolences to their loved ones.

Both are horrible, however, keep in mind that the Holocaust was a result of war. Those people knew they were in trouble. 9/11 was an attack on innocent people who had NO clue at all that they were part of any form of "war", or that they had done anything that would result in their deaths. Both are horrible, but those who harm random people for no reason at all just to cause the pain of others is why we remember the event as we do. It's also a matter of when it happened (the more time that passes, the less people will remember/care about an event), so it's really not anything to get in a snit over one way or the other.

The Holocaust wasn't a result of war.

But yeah, it's dumb to say 'don't remember this tragedy because there was a bigger one'. You don't take away from one when you remember the other.

Please quote me saying not to have mournings on 9/11. It was a terrible event, sure. But it really doesn't compare to things like genecides. It was a relatively small event that caused a lot of greif, sure, but it wasn't that large.
Posted with Mobile style...

I was 16 when it happened - 11th Grade.
I just moved to Houston From New Jersey ( I moved August 10th 2001)

It happened around when I entered school, then they turned on the TV...
Then it happened .. You saw the 2nd plane hit building two live.

I was like this can't be happening I was just there, I just saw those buildings like a month ago?!~

Last edited:
I was in 4th grade. I actually was lucky enough to have been able to fly out there and see ground zero and the rubble in person. I helped build the largest memorial to the event on the West Coast (The Pelco 9/11 memorial center, Clovis, Ca)

But guys, it's been 10 years. Cars kill more people than these events did. The real reason was to scare the snot out of us. And I'd argue that in that regards, the Terrorist won 110%. We now get virtually stripped not just of our rights, but of our clothing. Your name on a list (that citizens don't get to see) is enough for them to make your life heck as you try to board a plane. The security forces at airports consider themselves above the law. We've lost our rights to be anonymous in a lot of situations. If you cross the border, and the government doesn't like you, they can detain you for not giving them your laptop passwords.

At this point, we need to snap out of the shock, and look at cleaning up the decay not of the rubble, but of our society around us.
</opinion>

cabd

The destruction from 9/11 kinda made airport security MUCH MUCH tighter for that very reason. No more knives, or anything that can remotely look like a bomb (seen from United 93), and personally, I don't care.

If I get touched inappropriately by airport security (assuming I'm over 18 obviously), then I'll probably joke about it later and move on. The problem these days are that people are too sensitive. They have these procedures FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY.

For the whole border thing, I don't have a problem if you cross legally. If it's ILLEGAL, then I lose about 99% of my respect for you. THere are people in Texas that come here, have children, get food stamps, and live off the government. Of course I'm not going to like them if they're using my aunt's money (especially when she gets $32 A MONTH for food stamps, and still has to pay taxes) or those that really need the money rather than the impatient illegals that come here.

Allow me to preface this by saying that what happened in New York 10 years ago was a horrible national tragedy, because I'm sure this may not sit well with some.

While we remember 9-11, let us push our memories back a few decades. In the 1980's the Taliban were our allies, known then as "Taliban Freedom Fighters". Our country trained and supplied them and our men in uniform fought along side with them in the war in Afghanistan. Their leaders were treated with visits to the White House. They were used as black ops (operations where the U.S. couldn't be seen to have any involvement) through the rest of the 80's and well into the 90's.

Also in the 1990's our military began to push for more and more automated ways to wage war under the guise of saving American lives. The men in uniform also began training for urban warfare. Many reports from soldiers exiting the military at the time said they were doing so because they were being trained to attack their own in a civil uprising. I heard some of these reports first-hand from friends and family who refused to sign on for another tour, though they began their military careers with the goal of retiring from the military.

In post 9-11 we as a nation have freely given up many of our rights. Our right to privacy has all but vanished by way of wire taps, public cameras, cell phone and internet monitoring, limitations to free commerce, etc. The right to bear arms has taken many blows. Even the right to free speech isn't what it used to be. Looking back over at least the last 8 decades of legislation, this seems to have been our own government's end game all along. Never before has it had so much control over our day-to-day lives as it does now.

Now, put 9-11 into that perspective. Given that oppression (let's be real, that's what it is) is the ultimate goal of the government, what better way to accomplish that than by coercion. Force surely wouldn't work. At least not outright obvious force. Using your stand-by black-ops to strike fear into the heart of America, however, would have Americans giving away their freedoms without question and if there were ever an operation where the U.S. could not be seen to have ANY involvement, this would be it.

They say Bin Laden was assassinated and that we should just trust them on this. They said the pictures were just too gruesome to reveal to the public. Really? Trust the politicians you say? They weren't too gruesome when Hitler was found dead. Nor were they when Hussein was assassinated. In fact, there has, since cameras were invented at least, always been evidence of an assassination such as this one and that evidence has always been a matter of public record.

One last thing to look at. The logistics of the "assassination" itself. Seal team 6 executes Bin Laden. They escape untouched and haul an adult corpse 7 miles to the beach, on foot, where they board their escape craft. They rendezvous with a support vessel (keep in mind the fastest U.S marine vessel travels at 39.01 knots, or 45 mph) and travel to international waters (which are AT LEAST 40 mile out to sea). A conclusive DNA test is performed. The body is then dumped. All in 42 minutes. Yeah, right... IMPOSSIBLE!

Don't take my word for it. Look into it yourself. It is important to remember. Just make sure you remember the WHOLE picture and not just the snippet (regardless of how horrible that snippet is) presented to you.

If I get touched inappropriately by airport security (assuming I'm over 18 obviously), then I'll probably joke about it later and move on. The problem these days are that people are too sensitive. They have these procedures FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY.

This is exactly what the youth of this country has been brainwashed with. They don't even know how very against the inalienable rights afforded to us by our Bill of Rights this is. It makes me very sad that the children of this country will never experience what it means to truly be free. And it saddens me even deeper with how readily they accept it to be the right way.

That is the problem these days.

Last edited:
This is exactly what the youth of this country has been brainwashed with. They don't even know how very against the inalienable rights afforded to us by our Bill of Rights this is. It makes me very sad that the children of this country will never experience what it means to truly be free. And it saddens me even deeper with how readily they accept it to be the right way.

And yet fewer people still know that this country was founded on Christian roots, and was originally designed to have laws based on Christian beliefs.

As someone who has read the Bill of Rights and the Constitution over a dozen times, I find that the issue with the airport security shouldnt be an issue if it is for the safety of citizens (or just people in America if they're in an airport obv.). Besides, our country has already walked over the consistution so many times, normally in the white house/congress, whcih is really what we should be focusing on.

Allow me to preface this by saying that what happened in New York 10 years ago was a horrible national tragedy, because I'm sure this may not sit well with some.

While we remember 9-11, let us push our memories back a few decades. In the 1980's the Taliban were our allies, known then as "Taliban Freedom Fighters". Our country trained and supplied them and our men in uniform fought along side with them in the war in Afghanistan. Their leaders were treated with visits to the White House. They were used as black ops (operations where the U.S. couldn't be seen to have any involvement) through the rest of the 80's and well into the 90's.

Also in the 1990's our military began to push for more and more automated ways to wage war under the guise of saving American lives. The men in uniform also began training for urban warfare. Many reports from soldiers exiting the military at the time said they were doing so because they were being trained to attack their own in a civil uprising. I heard some of these reports first-hand from friends and family who refused to sign on for another tour, though they began their military careers with the goal of retiring from the military.

In post 9-11 we as a nation have freely given up many of our rights. Our right to privacy has all but vanished by way of wire taps, public cameras, cell phone and internet monitoring, limitations to free commerce, etc. The right to bear arms has taken many blows. Even the right to free speech isn't what it used to be. Looking back over at least the last 8 decades of legislation, this seems to have been our own government's end game all along. Never before has it had so much control over our day-to-day lives as it does now.

Now, put 9-11 into that perspective. Given that oppression (let's be real, that's what it is) is the ultimate goal of the government, what better way to accomplish that than by coercion. Force surely wouldn't work. At least not outright obvious force. Using your stand-by black-ops to strike fear into the heart of America, however, would have Americans giving away their freedoms without question and if there were ever an operation where the U.S. could not be seen to have ANY involvement, this would be it.

They say Bin Laden was assassinated and that we should just trust them on this. They said the pictures were just too gruesome to reveal to the public. Really? Trust the politicians you say? They weren't too gruesome when Hitler was found dead. Nor were they when Hussein was assassinated. In fact, there has, since cameras were invented at least, always been evidence of an assassination such as this one and that evidence has always been a matter of public record.

One last thing to look at. The logistics of the "assassination" itself. Seal team 6 executes Bin Laden. They escape untouched and haul an adult corpse 7 miles to the beach, on foot, where they board their escape craft. They rendezvous with a support vessel (keep in mind the fastest U.S marine vessel travels at 39.01 knots, or 45 mph) and travel to international waters (which are AT LEAST 40 mile out to sea). A conclusive DNA test is performed. The body is then dumped. All in 42 minutes. Yeah, right... IMPOSSIBLE!

Don't take my word for it. Look into it yourself. It is important to remember. Just make sure you remember the WHOLE picture and not just the snippet (regardless of how horrible that snippet is) presented to you.

While I do believe that some of our freedoms have been compromised, I will also say this:
Witnessing 9/11 was terrifying even though I was a child at the time. I can still remember the horrible feelings being washed over everyone and the immense clouds of smoke in the air when I looked out the window. Yesterday riding on the subway, the people next to and across from me were carrying large guitar cases. Many were clutching big bags or briefcases. To say the least, I did not feel nearly secure enough as I should have. Any of those could have carried a bomb, a gun, etc. I'm not saying we should have cameras probe into our intimate lives. But I do believe that screenings and detectors on planes are a necessary precaution, and I would like to see metal detectors and more radiation detectors in areas where many people are gathered together. Blowing up a subway car kills hundreds of people as we have learned the hard way in London and across the globe. Is it really that much of a hassle to walk through a detector when you enter a public place? As for "the right to bear arms", umm, yeah, we're coming to our senses now? How was a severely mentally disabled person allowed to obtain a gun? Guns shouldn't be sold at major stores and chains. One should have to have a meeting with a psychiatrist if they want one that could really hurt some one. There's a difference between a hunting rifle and a high - caliber machine gun that's basically made only to kill people :/

And yet fewer people still know that this country was founded on Christian roots, and was originally designed to have laws based on Christian beliefs.

Yes. The Puritans founded this country. You are very correct about that.

As someone who has read the Bill of Rights and the Constitution over a dozen times, I find that the issue with the airport security shouldnt be an issue if it is for the safety of citizens (or just people in America if they're in an airport obv.). Besides, our country has already walked over the consistution so many times, normally in the white house/congress, whcih is really what we should be focusing on.

And that is your right, and I support it. But you also must remember that your rights only go so far as they don't infringe on anothers' rights. Those aren't majority rules rights. Those are inalienable rights bestowed to all men. To each individual in other words. Not to the collective majority.

And, by focusing on these rights you will be focusing on Washington. If you have no principal by which you wish to be governed, then you will never fix Washington as you will elect whichever blibbering idiot says the least things you don't agree with.

While I do believe that some of our freedoms have been compromised, I will also say this:
Witnessing 9/11 was terrifying even though I was a child at the time. I can still remember the horrible feelings being washed over everyone and the immense clouds of smoke in the air when I looked out the window. Yesterday riding on the subway, the people next to and across from me were carrying large guitar cases. Many were clutching big bags or briefcases. To say the least, I did not feel nearly secure enough as I should have.

And you have but one life, friend. If you choose to spend all the days of that life in fear, what life have you really lived? I deeply empathize with you for having to have gone through something like that at such an early age. Don't forget, but don't turn your back on the rights with which this country was founded. Do that and those which caused this have truly won.

As for "the right to bear arms", umm, yeah, we're coming to our senses now? How was a severely mentally disabled person allowed to obtain a gun? Guns shouldn't be sold at major stores and chains.
Really? Having a severely mentally disabled person buy a gun just shows that the people who sell the guns should be trained better instead of any Joe off the streets.

And you're right, they shouldn't be sold at big box stores. At specialty stores (outdoors stores, home protection stores) the employees are trained on the proper sales of weapons. They are taught how to recognize behaviors and have the right to refuse sale.

One should have to have a meeting with a psychiatrist if they want one that could really hurt some one. There's a difference between a hunting rifle and a high - caliber machine gun that's basically made only to kill people :/

The laws can't stop those sorts of things from happening. Gun restrictions only apply to those who will follow those restrictions. You can't honestly believe a criminal would care about obtaining a gun legally, do you?

As an avid hunter and as an EMS (once upon a time), there is no difference in the lethality between rifles made for hunting and sub machine guns. In fact arms for hunting are generally of a higher caliber than machine guns. But lets stick to the topic of 9-11. It deserves the respect to not go way off track with this.

Last edited:
Back