Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

ReshiBoar Sucks

Porii Sames

Seriously.

I am using a good list from 1750+ players I know. I am testing against UG Zekrom decklists, my SD, and another 1750+ collaboration Donchamp list, and it has done next to nothing in testing,

Am I just playing it wrong or what?

Might be playing it wrong. I know how to play the deck some what but against the decks you played, I can say that Reshi has no early game so Zekrom is going to be hard to beat and has late game, but Donchamp thrives on late games so its still hard.

If you use it with Attackboar, it might work a little beter because you habe that extra option.

1750+ Masters or 1750+ Seniors?

Anyway, it's not the best deck out there, but it doesn't exactly suck.

So either you are exaggerating or there's something wrong with the list or how it's played.

Its not an amazing deck per se, but its definitely not a crappy deck by any means. It just doesn't have the end game strength that Magneboar has. I'm running the deck myself and theres nothing really bad about it.

Yeah, I feel the same way. It sets up slowly and has a hard time fitting all the cards in. It also seems if you Kill their boar its impossible to get back in the game.

Its just clunky, I have played both and made videos about both, and I prefer Reshiram with Typhlosion. I have written and article about both as well. I should mention I am alot more comfortable with Typhlosion though so my opinion is bias. If you want take a look at my videos and see how you like Typhloson, you give up a little in the mirror match but against the meta its more consistent. Also keep in mind in the mirror you can PlusPower to take prizes as they would with the damage from Afterburner,

Also I tried to PM you a few days ago and your box is full Porii.

@misnos: my inbox is cleared now, feel free to PM me. Sorry about that.

@BM: Masters

I guess I was exaggerating a bit...it just seems a bit....bad. Zekrom just seems better and much faster.

your probably playing it wrong. i have a realllllly good donchamp deck and my friend almost always beats me with his reshiboar.i have also seen him beat luxchomp and lostgar with it.

The thing is, Reshi/Boar doesn't offer you the flashy T1 donk of Zekrom when it works, or all the options you get with Magnezone/Emboar. So it seems less impressive when you play it.

TBH it's a bit boring really, but it should still do a reliable 120+ from T2-4 onwards, and that definitely does not suck.

It also a bit too susceptable to disruption, and most of my decks play a heavy or max Reversal line, and obv. max Jarm.

So why didn't you start a thread saying Magnezone/Emboar sucks? It's just as vulnerable to Reversal, if not more.

Bcuzz...

1. Ram needs to have Ninetales for draw, and that is easily sniped off as Vulpix.
2. Zone has its own built in drawpower, and Shuckle if necessary.
3. Based on my personal testing, it's not as vulnerable as Reversal, but that's just me.

Are Vulpix easier to snipe off than Magnemites and Shuckles?

Neither deck can really function without Emboar. I would say it's just you.

Dear Porii,

I am a 1809 rated master in North America, and I say that Reshiboar is stupid. I'd highly recommend you play my super secret SD of Donphan and Zekrom. They both damage your side of the board, so there is clearly synergy. Because I am a highly rated player, my opinion clearly means something. Anyone who disagrees with this post clearly does not have the rating to back up their claims. Thank you for your time :)

Reshiboar has the issues of needing to draw cards and losing attackers. It cannot hit big per say (120 is small? o_O) as it cannot one shot some stuff as Magnezone can. Moreover, it needs to draw to stay in the game, so either Ninetales or Shuckle are in order. I dislike Ninetales as it discards energy, and I dislike shuckle as it requires you to play SSU and seeker. I would opt to test both sides, but I would think (very little testing behind this statement) that the Shuckle version would play better. Just play around. Testing against 3X Reversal 4X Junkarm might be unrealistic if you are considering playing Reshiboar at events, but the evidence should be fairly clear: Emboar variants hate to get Reversaled. Keep that in mind while deck building... :)

I like Reshiboar way more then Magneboar, but that's my preference. Reshiboar has great recovery and it's not hard to tech an RDL into Reahiram at all. I've had fine testing against Zekrom and Donphan.

Well I think Reshiram Typhlosion is a lot better than Reshiboar. You have perfect synergy with the Ninetales draw engine, and you don't need the energy on your hand, meaning you're not that dependent what you draw. Also, Typhlosion makes a good disruptive secondary attacker against some decks. Uh and yes - Afterburner + Rage = byebye babies.

Back