Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

RIP Durant (after Spring Regionals)

JandPDS

Hey if everyone who is playing durrant now please bow your heads for a moment of scilence. Durant as a deck will only be viable until Spring Regionals. Then the next set sould give us the Heatmore that will be teched into every Deck to destroy Durant.

So enjoy the fun wile it lasts it will come to an end soon. (translation courtesy of Pokebeach) And this is the attack that will signal the end of the milling
[C] Hot Tongue: 10 damage. If the opponent’s Active Pokemon is Durant, this attack does an additional 50 damage.

Last edited:
I for one won't even consider playing Heatmor. Durant is just a troll deck. It's good, but the best players avoid it, and most decks can beat is by a reasonable margin with or without the Heatmor. Heatmor is a stupid and useless card outside of one matchup that isn't even popular. It's just a waste of deck space.

All that's going to happen is Durant will get trolled on occasion. It's not going to wreck the deck.

It would be a waste of a tech. The simple route to beating Durant is free retreat and one heavy hitter - or just having one Pokemon out as your only active Pokemon. That's it.

It would be a waste of a tech. The simple route to beating Durant is free retreat and one heavy hitter - or just having one Pokemon out as your only active Pokemon. That's it.

That fails just ask my opponenets. I dont think I can I can play around through this. and as it is a colorless attack it can be in any deck. Guess I will start playing Darkria EX when this set comes out.

It hasn't quite failed for me yet. You just need to get a turn 2 stage 1 out or a heavy hitting basic (and I mean for about 100 or more) or if you have a Pokemon with free retreat on your bench so that if you get Catcher'd you can just retreat for free. The trick is to be able to one shot Durant every turn. Heatmor isn't really necessary. As untitled and I have both stated above; it only takes up deck space.

It hasn't quite failed for me yet. You just need to get a turn 2 stage 1 out or a heavy hitting basic (and I mean for about 100 or more) or if you have a Pokemon with free retreat on your bench so that if you get Catcher'd you can just retreat for free. The trick is to be able to one shot Durant every turn. Heatmor isn't really necessary. As untitled and I have both stated above; it only takes up deck space.

Yea your struggle to set up a heavy hitter and then I erase your heavy hitter in one turn and go back to milling while you try to build annother. The only real issue for Durrant decks are pure fire decks or Decks full with heavy basic Like ZPST where when you cant erase the attackers faster then they can set them up. But most other deck really do not give durrant a problem. But this Heatmore ... I can not think of a good way to solve it.

What this card does is discourage Durant play more so than counter it. Why would you play an already luck reliant deck when someone can search this thing out and end your day? If Durant would remain popular (which couldve happend as it does well enough vs Mewtwo) this card just kicks it int he rear a little harder.

Yea your struggle to set up a heavy hitter and then I erase your heavy hitter in one turn and go back to milling while you try to build annother. The only real issue for Durrant decks are pure fire decks or Decks full with heavy basic Like ZPST where when you cant erase the attackers faster then they can set them up. But most other deck really do not give durrant a problem. But this Heatmore ... I can not think of a good way to solve it.

erase heavy hitters? lolwat how so?

erase heavy hitters? lolwat how so?

That's what I was thinking lol.

In my experiences as of recently, I haven't struggled against Durant yet.

You get a Zekrom out, three lightning and Bolt, Bolt, Outrage, Outrage, Outrage. Hammer Arm does nothing. Catcher does nothing if you have a free retreat on your bench or if Zekrom is your only active.

Is he planning on Catchering me and using Seeker or something?

That's what I was thinking lol.

In my experiences as of recently, I haven't struggled against Durant yet.

You get a Zekrom out, three lightning and Bolt, Bolt, Outrage, Outrage, Outrage. Hammer Arm does nothing. Catcher does nothing if you have a free retreat on your bench or if Zekrom is your only active.

Is he planning on Catchering me and using Seeker or something?

I tried that during a Cities match with my Zekrom. You know what my opponent did? Dropped a rainbow on his Rotom and KOed my Zekrom. I did have a cleffa on the bench, but as I struggled to set up another attacker, Durant just devoured away.

Define "good" please. Not everyone thinks the same deck is "good". So what makes a deck "good"?

Please do not give me the arduous task of giving an objective definition to something so subjective as "good".

It's subjective, your own definition is as good as anyone's, so why ask me?

Back