Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Rockford IL CC Sat Jan 6 *updated w/ pics!*

PokeMama

Greetings fellow Pokemon players! :clap: Your humble PTO Camille here again because ...
Tomorrow Is Yesterday and I are thrilled to announce our City Championship Plans for this year!

Rockford IL is ready to Rock the area again for this year's City Championships! Last year we had a BLAST with 68 players from all over... come see what happens this year!

Mark your calendars!

Rockford IL City Championships

Saturday, January 6th
Registration will be at 10am with the tourney starting promptly at 11am.
North Suburban Womens Club (up the street from TIY)
6320 N 2nd St
Rockford,IL 61111
(about 4 blocks North of E.Riverside on N. 2nd St(Hwy 251). On corner across from Big Lots mini-mall.) Here is a Mapquest link for you to help you find it.
1-815-633-0330 (TIY)
Complete details at our Tomorrow Is Yesterday Pokemon Website!

FREE TO ENTER! Remember, you don't need to be a resident of the City of Rockford to enter... all are welcome, from far or near!

Preregistration is encouraged to speed things along if you know you'll be there. (You can PM me or email me with your name, ID # and BD) Decklists will be required and I'll have a link to the form so you can print it out ahead of time if you like.

Pizza will be provided to all our Competitors, (2 slices per player) and of course I'll have my cookies for everyone too! Soda, candy and chips will be available for sale there, (there are also several other fast food restaruants within walking distance) as well as dice, sleeves, booster packs and other gaming accessories. And if you want to compete but don't have a deck, no worries... we'll have plenty of Preconstructed Theme Decks available for you on sale right there! Open it up and you've got all you need to enter the Competition!

In addition to the Main Event, we'll have plenty of surprises and side events to keep things lively, so everyone can have a Great day of Pokemon Fun! We'll have a GameBoy Corner where you can trade or battle your Pokemon with other players (bring link cables if you have them, but we'll have some available there too). We'll have the Pokemon League for those of you who are interested, either existing members or those of you who'd like to learn more about joining our League. We'll also have 2 Sanctioned Modified Tournies you can enter (one at approx 4pm and the other at approx 6pm) for only $5 each for Dragon Frontier Prizes, in case you just didn't get enough competition in the Main Event and you want more! We'll also have our 2nd Annual SSBM tourney (that's Super Smash Brothers Melee on the GameCube for those of you who don't know) to wind things up at approx 6pm! So as you can see, it will be a day full of fun times!

Top 4 finishers in each of the three divisions receive the following prizes:

1st Place
18 Pokémon TCG booster packs
A City Champion medal
Prize kit containing cool Pokémon merchandise!

2nd Place
10 Pokémon booster packs

3rd & 4th Place
4 Pokémon TCG booster packs

And as usual, we will be giving away a lot of fun and interesting door prizes. Those of you who've been to a Tomorrow Is Yesterday Rockford event know that we love to have a good time and we welcome you back! If you've never been to one before, then load up the car and come on over to join us for a great time! You'll be glad you did!

I've posted the details of the Side Events on our TIY website now. You can click to go directly to the TIY Rockford CC07 Side Events page.

Last edited:
Jan 6... I'll see what I'm doing over that weekend. Likely, if I do come, it'll just be me, cuz school's out during that time, and I'm not going to drive down to Urbana just to pick people up.

Could you email me what you know about the dates of the other area CCs? I don't wanna schedule mine (if it happens) during another CC...

i wish i could make it but i leave for korea on dec 14th. i do hope to make to atleast a tourny in rockford sometime.

OMG it's AXE!! Wow, Korea? Sorry you won't be able to make our Cities, but Yes yes we all MUST see you sometime in Rockford before you go! We miss you!

Good for you! And I'll probably have to find a bigger location for cities... I have a hunch we'll need more room!

Yahoo! It'll be great to see you again! Now all we'll need is some good weather! January always makes me nervous :rolleyes:

PokeMama said:
Good for you! And I'll probably have to find a bigger location for cities... I have a hunch we'll need more room!
A "hunch"? It's a certainty. 68 people for a Prerelease. Depending on the weather (read: if there is no blizzard, knock on wood), you should reach the mythical triple digit area of competition...

Well it depends if others in the area scheduled on same day. Like the prerelease. Everyone hates niles so everyone prefers rockford thats why rockford is larger. Its great if Niles or other illinois cities are scheduled on that weekend.

Niles can schedule theirs either on Dec 10 (Jared's tourney) or on Jan 6 (Rockford) if they feel like skrewing over the players. I kinda have a feeling they'll put it on the 10th, but that's just my gut talking, not any actual facts behind it...

Well, none of the IL ones are up on the Locator yet, though I know that New Berlin is Dec 10, as well as this one.

Pastimes will be holding a City Championships. They'll just wait until the last possible moment to announce it, just like the last 3 Premier tourneys they've held...

Well I had started a PTO thread quite a while ago to help coordinate the entire MW area so that everyone knew when the others nearby were holding their Cities... that way there could be less overlapping among those of us who care about our players being able to get to as many Cities as they'd like to. So far it's been working quite nicely, but a few areas don't have theirs pinned down yet.

Well, that's the PTO area. I can't see that area, and neither can my store owner. Could you please email me a list of the events that you know of? I need to talk to my store owner about possibly getting a Citys down here...

Back