Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

RR Prelease, Brookfield, WI 10/30!

Broken Lizard

Yes, that's right! Team Rocket Returns to Brookfield on Saturday, October 30th! :D

We had 25 players for our last prerelease, and I'm thinking we'll have more for this!

By now I'm sure you're all aware of the new prize structure for these events. Regardless of performance, every player gets 4 packs in addition to the 6 for the tourney itself. That's good news for the players who are new to the game or who just don't do well in Sealed Format. They are walking away with 10 packs guaranteed!

This would normally be bad news for players who regularly place in the top 4, or who travel long distances to Brookfield. More prizes are needed to raise the incentive to come out.

Never fear, I have found the solution! I am raising the entry fee from $15 to $20, and using the extra $5 per person for extra prize support! For every 12 players in the tourney, I'll be giving away a whole extra box of the new set!

So, you can't lose! You're guaranteed 10 packs, and you can still

WIN A WHOLE BOX!

This is the easiest and cheapest way for everyone to get all the new cards, so be sure to tell all your friends.

Here's all the info you'll need:

Hobbytown USA
17115-C Bluemound Rd.
Brookfield, WI 53005
Saturday, October 30th, 2004
Doors open at 10 A.M.
Registration begins at 10:30 A.M.
Tournament starts at 11 A.M.
COST: $20

I will also be running a sanctioned Modified Format side event! ($5 entry fee, great prizes!) :D

Last edited:
If you and Matt go then I'm going. You're my only ticket there!

PokeWisconsin said:
I'll try to be there, sometimes you never know what will come up though.

Team Rocket's blasting off again!!!

I guess you're going them menoknow, cause we're going. team rocket really is blasting off again, and i cant wait. and meowth rules once again!

It sounds like a lot of the cards in the set are dark from what people have seen. If the majority of them are dark, or have dark energy requirements, hopefully nintendo sends enough dark energys so each player can have 4 in a deck. I'll assume dark energy will be in the set, but you'd get 2 at the very most if your very lucky.

I assume the modified is R/S on so it can be sanctioned. The set used in the prerelease obviously not be allowed in the modified tournament because they aren't available for retail sale at the time of the tournament.

PokeWisconsin is correct.

In order for the event to be sanctioned, it must follow the Floor Rules for Modified. As of October 1st, Modified allows only sets from RS-on.

Also, a new set is only allowed once it is available for sale. This will only happen after all the prereleases are complete. So RR will not be legal for inclusion in decks for the Modified side event.

For confirmation of this, please see PUI's Format Change Anouncement .

If anyone from chicago can give me a ride let me know, Id like to be able to go to the wisonsin prereleases.

Jared, some prize questions:
Will the whole box be winnable for all age groups (i.e. 3 whole box prizes available?)
Will whole whole box be a sealed retail box of RR in addition to the 10 packs?

From what was said at league, it would be divided out amongst the age divisions. So if we get 15 in the 11-14 division, then another box could be divided out amongst the top 11-14 players.

Just a guess here, but im guessing that every 12 people means an extra box for the 12 people in that age group. I.E. If you have 15 people in 15+, and another 15 in the 11-14 and only 9 in the 10-, you would have an extra box for each age group. Am I correct on assuming that?

If there are at least 12 players in an age division, I will give the winner of that division a sealed booster box. If there are more than 12 players in a division, I will distribute additional extra packs to other players near the top of that division.

Any division with fewer than 12 players will be prorated accordingly. Let's say there are 6 players in a division. The winner of that division will get 18 packs (in addition to the four they get just for playing).

Last edited:
Back