Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Sablelock w/ Blaziken for states!

Barkjon

I might try out this variation on Sablelock for states. Originally I was just going to play regular Sablelock, but I now decided to try this version, as my regular Sablelock can have trouble with damage output.

Here it is. Keep in mind I don't have any Uxie X (wish I did)

POKEMON (21):
4 Sableye SF
2-2 Garchomp C X
1-1 Blaziken FB X
1-1 Honchkrow SV
1 Azelf
2 Uxie
1 Promocroak
1 Unown Q
1 Dragonite FB
2 Crobat G
1 Chatot G

T/S/S (27):
4 Cyrus's Conspiracy
2 Cyrus's Iniative
2 Judge
3 Collector
1 Bebe's
1 Aaron's
4 PokeTurn
3 SP Radar
3 Energy Gain
4 Power Spray

ENERGIES (12):
4 DCE
3 Special Dark Energy
2 Dark Energy
1 Psychic Energy
2 Fire Energy

STRAT:
General Sablelock strategy: get the donk using Sableye, Special Darks, and Bats. If you don't succeed doing that, lock your opponent's hand with an early Impersonated Iniative or two. Lock your opponents topdecking with Chatot G, and if your opponent gets too big of a hand, Judge your opponent down to 4 cards. A early-game Judge can really hurt your opponent too.

Of course, you need to take prizes now. You can use DCE's + Garchomp C X to Dragon Rush your opponents small-HP benched Pokemon. You can Earthquake the active if need be. Honchkrow SV is your Gyrados counter, and your counter to dark weakness. He can do pretty massive damage sometimes. If LostGar gets popular, it is a good counter to that as well.

Crobat G can help donking, and he can help OHKO benched Pokemon with more than 80 HP. Unown Q helps get Sableye out of the active, Draggy is your SP counter, Promocroak is a Luxray X counter and an awesome revenge killer. Azelf and Uxie are pretty obvious.

Blaziken line I just added in. It helps to add raw power to this deck, which otherwise is pretty much only in Chomp or Krow.

So... comments and constructive criticism please!

Last edited:
12 energy, eh, perhaps a bit much.

Also, 2-1 Blaze. Wins games. 1-1 is begging for snipe bait.

3 Sprays...?

Keep the 1-1 Blaziken and please do not play 2-1, that's to much if you also play BDK!
I would also say, that you should put out one Darkness Energy and put in an additional Power Spray, because Sablelock needs 4 of them.
Probably try out a second Fire Energy, but just if you really need it.... sometimes players feel more comfortable with two fires even if they just play a 1-1 Blaziken. =/
Try to play 3 Sableye and one Smeargle, because that can win games and works awesome. ;D
That's it, then it should be ok.
Hope that helped.
-Filipp.

@Porii: Yeah, I'll prolly take out a Dark. And I will move it to 4 Sprays
@Darkmot: Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Even if it gets sniped (which it shouldn't if I play it down well). Special Dark or regular? I'd prolly take out basic dark, because I like having Special darks for BDK and overconfidonking.

I'll try a second fire, but idk what to take out. I will try 3 Sableye/1 Smeargle and see how I like it... but that WILL decrease chances of starting with Sableye, which is awesomeness.

^
Ambipom G......

Ok then

Ambipom G HP80 :colorless:

:colorless: Tail Code:
Move an Energy Attached to the Defending Pokemon to another of your opponent's Pokemon

:colorless::colorless: Snap Tail 60
If the Defending Pokemon has and Energy cards attached to it, this attack's base damage is 20 instead of 60
Retreat: :colorless:

Compare to:

Dragonite FB HP100 :colorless:

:colorless::colorless::colorless: Mach Blow 20
If the Defending Pokemon is a Pokemon SP, this attack's base damage is 80 instead of 20

:colorless::colorless::colorless::colorless: Giant Tail 100
Flip a coin, if tails this attack does nothing
Retreat: :colorless::colorless::colorless:

Well Ambipom G have the advantidge of faster to attack and less retreat. Also Ambipom G can get the attack "Snap Tail" to work with "Tail Code", but it doesn't always work.

Then Dragonite FB has the advantidge of high attack on "Gaint Tail and high HP, but it could not work if you get tails on the flip............

So it seems that Dragonite FB is a better card than Ambipom G, go with Dragonite FB

Last edited:
@rayquaza
It seems like everyone else plays Draggy for a reason...

Draggy is much better. He has High HP and his first attack is the only reason I use it. It's amazing vs. SP, which there is a lot of here.

Almost no one plays Pom any more, bro.

@donaphan: Yeah, like me and you lol. In fact, like everyone else who posted here.

Did I post Ambipom i better? got that mixed up

BTW i do have EXP. with SP, i used to use them all the time

^
What SP decks? Did you play like LuxChomp, DialgaChomp, Palkia Lock, Sablelock, BlazeRay, BlazeChomp, LuxApe? Stuff like that?

Cuz if not it ain't really SP...

^
What SP decks? Did you play like LuxChomp, DialgaChomp, Palkia Lock, Sablelock, BlazeRay, BlazeChomp, LuxApe? Stuff like that?

Cuz if not it ain't really SP...

Somthing like Gardhomp C/C Lv.X, Infernape 4/4Lv.X, Dragonite FB, Rayquaza C/C Lv.X, ECT. ..............
Stuff like that, decks based or with them in it

How did I miss that? Play BOTH! Well...

now that I see you're playing Chenlock WITH BDK, I doubt you could fit it in, so w/e.

^
I may try it. I actually don't have a large amount of SP in my meta. I mean, I have some, but I also have VileGar and G-dos around here.

Back