3 Cosmo's Discovery
2 ATM Rock
2 Oak's research
1 Admin.
3 Stevens
3 Switch
3 Pokedex Handy 909
2 Ancient Tomb
1 Energy Recycle System(think I need 2 or 3)

Energy:16
6 Fire
6 Water
4 Boost

The deck works good, It's jsut hard to get out the energy I need, So I teched in the 909 to hopefully help with that. I think I need more ERS in the deck to get the energy back in the deck for walrein. Plus with Salamence's massive discarding. The steup is fast, I get all I need (a Walrein, Salamence/ex out turn3 or 4 with Jirachi). Complete fixes are welcomed and mostly prefered. This is my first Salamence deck so help me out here.

Blaze u actually need to get the energy out, with walrein he's the one that actually gets the energy out of the deck. IMO Walrein works better in this case than blaze.......or magneton......

skarmory777,

I recently created a Salamence/Salamence Ex deck myself. Although I really didn't have a lot of trouble getting the energies out, it still tended to be sluggish with respect to obtaining them, (...and this was with me running 10 Fire, 10 Water and 3 Double Rainbow Energies).

In addition, sometimes I had the correct number of energy cards to use, but had all Fire or all Water.

I ended up adding 3 Lady Outings, and so far it's helped out TREMENDOUSLY!

Good Luck!

- Tony

Last edited:
DarkTyranitar said:
skarmory777,

I recently created a Salamence/Salamence Ex deck myself. Although I really didn't have a lot of trouble getting the energies out, it still tended to be sluggish with respect to obtaining them, (...and this was with me running 10 Fire, 10 Water and 3 Double Rainbow Energies).

In addition, sometimes I had the correct number of energy cards to use, but had all Fire or all Water.

I ended up adding 3 Lady Outings, and so far it's helped out TREMENDOUSLY!

Good Luck!

- Tony
Way Way Way Way Way Way Way Too Much Energy That about more than 1/3 of the decks TA or TM Conspiritor will get you 2 energy so getting the pokes is by far the more important part with the good drawing engine and enough candy plus some nice tech Sally should be a good contender

I tried out a magcargo/walrein/salamence deck. It's slow, but it'll get there. I need to make some changes, Salamence is slow, but I got a feeling about him, I'm going to find a way to speed it up.

?!?!?!?!?!?

skarmory777 said:
Pokemon:Alot(24)
4 Bagon(headbutt)
4 Shelgon(2 scrunch, 2 Energy Guard)
2 Salamence(Dragon Wind)
2 Salamence EX
2 Spheal
2 Sealio
2 Walrein
2 Jirachi
4 Dunsparce

Trainers:19
3 Cosmo's Discovery
2 ATM Rock
2 Oak's research
1 Admin.
3 Stevens
3 Switch
3 Pokedex Handy 909
2 Ancient Tomb
1 Energy Recycle System(think I need 2 or 3)

Energy:16
6 Fire
6 Water
4 Boost

The deck works good, It's jsut hard to get out the energy I need, So I teched in the 909 to hopefully help with that. I think I need more ERS in the deck to get the energy back in the deck for walrein. Plus with Salamence's massive discarding. The steup is fast, I get all I need (a Walrein, Salamence/ex out turn3 or 4 with Jirachi). Complete fixes are welcomed and mostly prefered. This is my first Salamence deck so help me out here.

-1 Bagon
-2 Shelgon (Energy guard)
-1 Salamence (Dragon wind)
-2 Jirachi
- 2 Spheal
- 2 Sealio
- 2 Walrein

-3 Handy 909

+ 2 Magarco (DX)
+ 2 Slugma (TRR)
+ 2 Lotad
+ 1 Lombre
+ 2 Ludicolo (Swing Dance)
+ 1 Kingdra (TRR)
+ 1 Horsea (DR)
+ 2 Energy/Power Charge (DX)

Kingdra should be added to remove the colorless weakness of Sally Ex.
Ludicolo/Magarco, speeds the deck up, giving you a free computer search effect.
Energy/Power Charge is there because of the decks depence on Boost Energy.

- Energy Recycle System.
+ Suprise! Time Machine.

ERS is not needed due to the fact that most of the time you will be discarding Boost energies, and returning them to your hand using power charge and the magarco/ ludicolo combo.

When all your boosts are in the discard use suprise time machine to change salamence ex to normal salamence.

Sorry but I do not know who this sort of deck works, but it just did not seem fast enough for my liking..

Hope I helped.

Edit: How come you don't have any Rare Candy.

- 1 Water energy.
- 1 Fire energy.
- 1 Switch.
- 1 Admin

+ 4 Rare Candy

Last edited:
Play only 1 Jirachi, There is only 1 in 10 chance that Jirachi is going to be in your Prizes. The other one is wasteful. I had Jirichi in my prizes once or twice, so I ran 2, then I realized that was silly. If you were going to run Metal and psychic so that it could be an attacker also, then maybe.

Last edited:

skarmory777 said:
Don't play rare candy with jirachi, I never do.

If you go with my modifications, you will not need Jirachi beacuse your search engine will simply get any card you want from your deck, and also provide you solid attack.

But if you stick with Jirachi you will be losing, one other attack turn (one with strike and run, other with Jirachi), and that does not seem viable.

So I suggest you drop one Jirachi to speed your set up of draw power, and add 4 Rare Candy anyway.

This way you will keep your second turn 40 damage, 3 turn 120, and also your solid search with Jirach.

Hope I helped.

@ shard maker's magcargo+ludicolo combo,

doesnt pidgeot do the same thing?
or is the ludicolo for attacking purposes too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back