Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Should I just SELL my AMU Deck ???

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
Guys, I bought BOXES.. traded... attended like FOUR prereleases ... and FINALLY got my AMU deck together (because I found the deck so interesting)

I FINALLY tossed out all of the proxies and got ahold of 2 TSDs, 5 LvXs etc..
Dude... this thing was a BEAST to get together (with real cards).

After all of this trouble though... I noticed that SO MANY PEOPLE were talking as if they were going to run this deck also...

Is this going to be like G&G where you show up and EVERYONE ELSE HAS ONE ??

It's crazy. I went to league, and looked down the row of tables I was sitting.
There were PSYCHIC DECK/PURPLE cards as far as the eye could see....... on every table and all the way down the rows.
Man, we may as well have LAID A PURPLE TABLECLOTH and played w/ blank paper. Why not? We all knew what the other had in his/her deck !!

There's alot of hype about AMU that got started by "AMU threads"
.. .but are THIS MANY PEOPLE REALLY going to run it at TOURNEY? or is everyone just having fun w/ it ??

WHAT ARE YOU planning to run at Battleroads? Like FOR REAL at a Tourney?

Me. I'm now leaning towards opening all 14 of my collection binders, tossing 3 coins in the air above them. Where ever the 3 coins land, there's my deck idea.
Just because it's too darn crazy/impractical to become another widespread trend!!!

I'm pretty much at the point of putting the entire deck up for sale and recouperating SOME of the money/pain/suffering that got me to the point of completing this now played-out (before even played) deck .. ...

I guess it's back to the rogue decks... back to studying each card binder like an April Final Exam. :rolleyes:

If all the tables have AMU, then play Mewtwo X and/or Mightyena.

Keith

Mightyena can't counter anything. Mightyena is terrible. I mean come on, you can level up out of it's attack. >_>

Just play something FUN because it's not like battle roads mean much of anything this year.

Mightyena can't counter anything. Mightyena is terrible. I mean come on, you can level up out of it's attack. >_>

Just play something FUN because it's not like battle roads mean much of anything this year.

Fun, like what Mamba said, is the real winner at the BRs. They are for fun and understand all possible threats, and to understand your deck.

I would play it if you worked so hard on it. But it is your choice. If you see every one playing this, and you fell you cant beat em all, then counter it, or make a new deck.

You really cant rule it out till after atleast one br.

Guys, I bought BOXES.. traded... attended like FOUR prereleases ... and FINALLY got my AMU deck together (because I found the deck so interesting)

I FINALLY tossed out all of the proxies and got ahold of 2 TSDs, 5 LvXs etc..
Dude... this thing was a BEAST to get together (with real cards).

After all of this trouble though... I noticed that SO MANY PEOPLE were talking as if they were going to run this deck also...

It's crazy. I went to league, and looked down the row of tables I was sitting.
There were PSYCHIC DECK/PURPLE cards as far as the eye could see....... on every table and all the way down the rows.
Man, we may as well have LAID A PURPLE TABLECLOTH and played w/ blank paper. Why not? We all knew what the other had in his/her deck !!

There's alot of hype about AMU that got started by "AMU threads"
.. .but are THIS MANY PEOPLE REALLY going to run it at TOURNEY? or is everyone just having fun w/ it ??

WHAT ARE YOU planning to run at Battleroads? Like FOR REAL at a Tourney?

Me. I'm now leaning towards opening all 14 of my collection binders, tossing 3 coins in the air above them. Where ever the 3 coins land, there's my deck idea.
Just because it's too darn crazy/impractical to become another widespread trend!!!

I'm pretty much at the point of putting the entire deck up for sale and recouperating SOME of the money/pain/suffering that got me to the point of completing this now played-out (before even played) deck .. ...

I guess it's back to the rogue decks... back to studying each card binder like an April Final Exam. :rolleyes:

I seriously that most of them will even be able to have the real thing built.

BTW a good AMU DESTROYS a bad one. ;)

No. The deck is more expensive and less competitive than GG/Plox, so it won't be nearly as widespread. I'm expecting that the BR meta should be a nice balance of Kingdra, Kingdra counters, Pixies, old favorites, and new rogues.

I'd like to build a Scorpio deck. You know.....with Gliscor? I've never built a deck before so it'll be fun just to build one.

BTW a good AMU DESTROYS a bad one. ;)

Good one.

Yeah, the thing is, I love to build the popular/archetye decks and then completely switch out the techs so the deck isn't what the opponent THOUGHT it was... it's fun to see them so puzzled when they expect a known tech and the're like "SudoWoodo???" ahahahahahaaa <== not really in the deck btw.. lol

So, maybe I should have fun w/ MY AMU list and its unexpected twists.
It MAY BE beneficial if so many people run it the same (because they think Xeroxing a listing from Pokegym makes them great).

Thanks you guys. I was kinda getting bummed after plummeting from the exitement of FINALLY having it all real ... :redface:

Good one.

Yeah, the thing is, I love to build the popular/archetye decks and then completely switch out the techs so the deck isn't what the opponent THOUGHT it was... it's fun to see them so puzzled when they expect a known tech and the're like "SudoWoodo???" ahahahahahaaa <== not really in the deck btw.. lol

It MAY BE beneficial if so many people run it the same (because they think Xeroxing a listing from Pokegym makes them great).

Thanks you guys. I was kinda getting bummed after plummeting from the exitement of FINALLY having it all real ... :redface:

If you think that your AMU is great and you have a high prob. to win i'd say keep it and play with it.
Otherwise i'd suggest to sell it. And if a lot of people will be running AMU just think of something to counter it and make your $20 deck beat their $200 deck.

ok, yes like everyone is running some sort of psychic at our league. Actually I can only think of 4-5. Some don't have the cards and use proxies and will not be able to get the cards before the tourny. Also if everyone is running psychic decks than you should be happy cause (normally) they are weak to you but you arn't weak to them (azelf lv x). I wouldn't sell the deck, especially since you finally got it together.

Sell AMU as soon as possible. It's screwed when IFDS comes out here. Personally, I'm running my insane T2 Kingdol swarm at BRs. It actually does beat the pixies consistently, since although AMU is fast, T2 Kingdol is faster.

I'll be running either Turncruel, Kingdra or my really bad Raichu/Manectric deck.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Ha!! I just realized, I revealed the decks I'd be running to at least 3 people in my area. Oh well.

Last edited:
I'm not one who really likes to run Archetypes, so I'm working on a few decks for BR's. It's just a matter of WHAT to play.

Sell AMU as soon as possible. It's screwed when IFDS comes out here. Personally, I'm running my insane T2 Kingdol swarm at BRs. It actually does beat the pixies consistently, since although AMU is fast, T2 Kingdol is faster.

I wouldn't be so quick to trade them away. I can see them having uses later in the yr.

Keep in mind that they ALL are awesome tech cards.

Good one.

I like the idea of wired techs. If everyone in your area really IS playing AMU, Breloom-Moonlight stadium will counter them all. The only problem is you knock out Snowpoint Temple, but you beat all other AMU's.

Back