Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Should "Make a Wish" Jirachi be Reprinted?

ixidor89

The general consensus among most players seems to be that fast decks like Lucario variants, Empoleon variants, etc, will be the best decks of this coming season. And what other conclusion can you come to? With cards like Cessation Crystal and Team Galactic's Wager running around without the company of the Holon engine, what is really going to help set-up decks get set-up?

Consider this: Since Pidgeot FR rotated out, the most prevalent method of getting set-up has been to draw massive amounts of cards, using Holon's Castform earlier and Delcatty's energy draw later on.

If this stays the same way, then any deck that uses Team Galactic's Wager is going to have a strong advantage over a set up deck that uses draw pokemon. Combine this with Cessation Crystal and the popularity of Lucario, and you are making it extremely difficult for set-up decks. Something, in my opinion, should be released in order to couteract these sorts of things and give set-up decks a chance. Possibly the best idea would be to print "Make a Wish" Jirachi from HL. Or at least something like it. With Jirachi playable, people playing set-up decks can get out pokemon that would normally much harder to get out. The starters we may consider, like Budew and Chingling, aren't nearly as fast with this and are vulnerable to Team Galactic's Wager.

So, do YOU think that Jirachi HL being reprinted would help bring some balance to this new format?

Discuss.

Jirachi was good mainly due to Swoop! Teleporter.
Without Swoop, I don't think it'd be nearly as useful.

I think you're thinking of the wrong Jirachi. He's wanting the Make a Wish one, which is the one with the good attack, not the power.

On-topic: It'd be nice, but I don't think it's that necessary for set-up decks.

Reprint Pidgeot with Electivire LV.X's attack in addition to clutch and remove the "only one per turn" clause.

I think you're thinking of the wrong Jirachi. He's wanting the Make a Wish one, which is the one with the good attack, not the power.

On-topic: It'd be nice, but I don't think it's that necessary for set-up decks.

Actually, BT's right on that one. The Make a Wish Jirachi was indeed much better to use with Swoop! It's ok on it's own, but it wouldn't really do that much, other than becoming a Prize bait for your opponent.

Emmmm Furret DP3 anyone? Search 2 Cards without energy...

Spoiler ahead:

Furret L.35 – Colorless – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Sentret

[.] Keen Eye: Search your deck for up to 2 cards and put them in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[C][C] Baton Pass: 40 damage. You may switch Furret with 1 of your Benched Pokemon. If you do, you may move any number of Energy from Furret to the newly switched in Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Ok... fighting weakness... any other idea? :lol:

Jirachi was only good with Dunsparce SS and Swoop! If it would be reprinted, you would have to play 4 of them.

Back