Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Should Slowking be Errata'd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
Since PUI is correcting cards like Feebas which could easily have been left as "play as printed" with little game effect, should Slowking be changed to bring it in line with the Japanese text?
After all, it's a lot more game impacting to Unlimited to have to deal with 2 or 3 Mindgames on the bench that just the one flip of an active Slowking (and his relatively weak attack). And now, with Rare Candy allowed on turn one, A player could very likely be shut out of the game before they even get started.

Thoughts?

Seems like English Slowking WAS an erratta to Trainermon (i.e. Base-Neo Unlimited). That said, I'd be interested in thinking about making things consistent.

However, didn't the 'correct' slowking exist in an unlimited environment where certain cards could only be played 1 or 2 to a deck? I think SER was one of those. If they consider fixing Slowking to the original, should the accompanying game rule changes should also be considered?

YES! Slowking should definitely be errata'd. As is, it is, if not the most broken card in Unlimited, at least in the top 5. I don't mind the format having Trainer denial -- in fact, I see it as a good thing, as long as the cards involved are balanced. As I see it, the problem with Slowking is that it is one-sided, stackable Trainer denial with no drawback. By removing even one of those points (the errata would remove the stackable aspect), it becomes reasonably fair.

Bulbasnore, you make some good points there. Perhaps some of the other cards in Unlimited should be limited. However, I think those changes should be considered separately from this issue.

Pokepop, I'm curious. Is there currently any discussion at PUI about issuing this errata, or are you just asking for our opinions?

Nah, no one plays unlimited more anyway. But if you seriously want to errata it, then go for it I guess...

There wasnt anything WRONG with sneasel. Slowking was printed wrong, we all know it was printed wrong. It should be fixed.

why not?

Im sure Nintendo/PUI can afford another change, seeing (as Pops said) that Feebas was changed, the entire gameplay was changed, and now worlds is getting an extreme makeover because of these rulings (Tonight on Extreme Makeover... :lol: ).

daktes: Naw, just my own thinking on the subject.
Haven't even mentioned it to PUI yet.

Yeah, why not? ... Ask if PUI can also release EVERY SINGLE Pokémon card ever released in Japan but never released in the US. And while you're at it, ask if Brock's Ninetales can be errated back to it's Japanese version. (^_^)

I don't see PUI holding any big unlimited events. And even if they did, most likely, it wouldn't be like Worlds where people from Japan are coming over to play. The only reason they changed the rules was because the people in Japan have those rules and it could have came up within a match. I don't see people from Japan coming over and playing in a large unlimited tournament if there ever was one.

Prime: Those rule changes are going to be incorporated into the rule book and the Tournament rules after Worlds.
It's not a one-time chnage.

Yep. I agree to ANY motion to errata Slowking (even though no one in my area, including myself, owns that card).

No. Then Unlimited truly will be Whomever-goes-first-wins 97.32% of the time.

Besides i like flipping coins.

BJJ763 said:
No. Then Unlimited truly will be Whomever-goes-first-wins 97.32% of the time.
What, you mean it isn't already? ;) OK, actually, it seems to be "Either win on the first turn, or you're in for a long match with a lot of coin flips." Still, it seems to me that an errata for Slowking would not change that part of the nature of Unlimited. What I feel the errata will do is help give Unlimited back some of its variety. Maybe not a lot of it, but some.

yes!
unlimted=flip war=competely randomness
do something about the baby rule. i could take 1 flip with focus band but two flips is just nuts.
tyrogue with FB vs tyrogue with focus band= endless flipping
seriously the baby rule should be changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back