Status
Not open for further replies.

toxictaipan

Swamp Knights

Pokemon: 18

4 Riolu (DP)

3 Lucario (DP)

1 Lucario LV.X (DP Promo12)

4 Mudkip (CG#58) (CG Mudkip heals himself, that's why he's in here.)

3 Marshtomp (CG#24) (CG Marshtomp is better then GE Marshtomp because he: attacks the Bench and Active, and helps control Bring Down.)

2 Swampert (GE)

1 Swampert EX (CG)
---------------------------

Supporters/Trainers/Pokemon Tools: 23

4 Roseanne's Research

4 Bebe's Search (I don't have any Celio's Network, so please don't bug me about it!)

3 Professor Oak's Visit

3 Castaway

3 Rare Candy

2 Night Maintenance

2 PlusPower

2 Strength Charm

Needs to set up faster.... What needs to go and what needs to stay?
-------------------------------------

Energy: 19

8 Water Energy

9 Fighting Energy

2 Scramble Energy
--------------------------------

Strategy: The strategy of this deck is to build up a quick Lucario LV.X, and start kickin' butt fast. While doing this be setting up a Swampert EX. Once Lucario LV.X gets Knocked out, just use a Night Maintenance to put him back in the deck, and re-use him, and his Poke-Power. You can use Swampert EX's Poke-Power to serch your discard pile for 3 Energy, and instantly charge a riolu back up, and have him ready to go. But until you get him set up, your going to have to attack with Swampert/EX.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gallade has to flip over 4 Prize cards just to knock out one Swampert, and all of them to knock out Swampert EX, so if you can get the damage rolling out fast, I'm going to say that you will probally win against him with a good set-up, but nothing is for certain! Plus with Marshtomp CG attacking the Bench, you are controlling Bring Down!

Kills Magmortar. No doubt about it!

Blissy has died in my area, so I'm safe as far as that goes. Plus Lucario, so I'm good here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you think? Any help is welcomed!

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a good idea.

I'm going to take out a Quick Ball for it.

So, does any one else have anything to add?

it seems pretty steady, however a smart gallade player wouldn't necessarily flip over prizes for a single ko (unless there is no set up at all). and especially since there is new cards to help out GG, its likely sonic blade will see a lot more action (render to 50, switch out).

yeah rare candies would be good for a faster set up, especially if you're bench is like stacked and your missing the marshstomp

one other idea, how often do the multi's come into play for you? this could be a total lockdown with crystal beach if you dont mind the missing special energies

maybe even an amulet coin?

I never said they would flip over 4 Prizes, I just said they have to, to knock him out...

What should I take out for Rare Candy? Both Felicity's Drawing maybe?

And the only reason Multi Energy is in here is for Marshtomp's and Huntail's Attacks, I'm not totally relient on it.

well.. if you run rare candies then you could possibly run 4-2-3 of the swampert (i ran 4-2-2-3 for gallade once), since rare candies can help you skip that card as a whole. you need drawpower, however maybe felicity wont cut it? try oaks visit, as it puts that card back in your deck. so, take out a quickball and a night maintenance (-quick. -night - marsh for 3 candies)

and since you added a tech, take out one gorebyss, so its 3-2/1

that leaves room for another candy perhaps

I think 4 Rare Candies is a bit much...

I'm going to take out...

1 Marshtomp

1 Gorebyss

1 Night Maintenance

2 Felicity's Drawing

And add in...

3 Rare Candies

2 Professor Oak's Visit.

That should work.

And BTW thanks for the help, you guys!

it seems pretty steady, however a smart gallade player wouldn't necessarily flip over prizes for a single ko (unless there is no set up at all). and especially since there is new cards to help out GG, its likely sonic blade will see a lot more action (render to 50, switch out).
So i think that would you protect a little bit more from g&g.

-1 Psychic
-1 Water

+ 2 Holon Energy WP

Nice Deck:thumb:

Why add in Holon WP Energy? There is a ruling in the Compedium that says Holon WP does NOT stop the flipping of Prize cards done by Gallade's Psychic cut attack.

I changed the list a little bit.

I took out the leftovers, they just wern't helping that much.

I also seem to have a shortage of Basic Pokemon once it comes time to draw my hand, so I bumped Clamperl up to 4, and also added another Huntail.

I also added in 2 Scramble Energy.

So, what do you think?

And thank you korlondo!

It stops Gallade's Sonic Blade, though.

And honestly, once the flipping stops, gallade can only do so much.

Is it that your not getting basics out fast enough? Or that in late game you don't have too many?
ever consider a corsola/pachi start?
night maintenance or even tsd would do fine.

I'm honestly loving the flow of the deck, how does long does it take to set up? How are card manipulation with all the updates thus far?

And honestly, once the flipping stops, gallade can only do so much.

Is it that your not getting basics out fast enough? Or that in late game you don't have too many?
ever consider a corsola/pachi start?
night maintenance or even tsd would do fine.

I'm honestly loving the flow of the deck, how does long does it take to set up? How are card manipulation with all the updates thus far?
Well, I only played the deck once (I'm sick today). I got a crappy start and still pulled 5 Prize cards against Gardilade.

So with the updates I think it should do better.

No I mean when I'm pulling my seven cards to start the game.

I'm going to try and get a hold on a Pachi.

It sets-up pretty fast if all goes according to plan.

And with the addition of the Scramble Energy, it should set-up faster.

well in any case you don't get that pachi, corsola like i said offers just the same thing, just water typed (70 hp / rally)

take out:
1 mudkip
2 phychic
1 multi
2 water
1 strength charm
1 castaway

add in:
3 crystal beach
2 basic dark
3 pluspower

take out:
1 mudkip
2 phychic
1 multi
2 water
1 strength charm
1 castaway

add in:
3 crystal beach
2 basic dark
3 pluspower
I was complaining about not having enuff Basic Pokemon, and you want me to take out one?

I'll take out 2 Psychic Energy, and add in 2 Basic Dark.

And I'll take out 1 Strenght Charm, and one Castaway, and add in 2 PlusPower.

And if I put in Crystal Beach, why should I have Scramble in here?

Last edited:
What does he do?

I don't think that the Clamperls are going to work out here. What Fighting Pokemon would you suggest?

it depends on what strategy you're looking for and looking to use. if you want fast beatdown, i suggest that you consider cards/pokemon that help you set up FAST.
even hand disruption cards (i.e. absol/tgw)

if were talking about the same swampy ex, it has 150hp and its pokepower is get 3 energies from your discard and attach to your pokemon in anyway you like

for starters, claydol looks to be an up and coming deck... perhaps even lunatona/solrock? ALL depends on what you want to accomplish with your deck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back