Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

t2 Dark Sloking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicoBlanco

This is a fun little D. Sloking T2 Deck that should beat MediTurn2.

(Pokemon: 12)

4 Slopoke
4 Dark Sloking
4 Jirachi (DX)

(Trainers: 32)
3 Birch
3 Oak's Research
2 Copycat
4 Rocket's Ball
4 Swoop!
4 Poke Retriever
4 Streangth Charm
3 Crystal Shard
3 Buffer Piece
2 Pow!

(Energy: 16)
12 Psy
4 Dark

Fixes are Spiffy. :clap: :cool: :rolleyes: :biggrin: :clap: :nonono: :eek: :clap:

Fix up the trainer list...

not only do you lack enough draw power, but the tools you used arent up to par....

you need exp. all, you need more draw, too.
max the birch

Okay how about I do this.....

-3 Buffer
-1 Sreangth

+1 Birch
+3 Exp All

would that be good or should I add more Draw Power?

yep, but surprisingly medicham CAN beat this, it's just mind-numbingly hard. I beat patriarch's list with medi, anyway. You've got to never let them have any energy attached by getting all heads on ER2 and reversal. You should use 8 psychic and 4 dark. and use reversal.

ChicoBlanco said:

4 Slopoke
4 Dark Sloking
4 Jirachi (DX)

3 Birch
3 Oak's Research
2 Copycat
4 Rocket's Ball
4 Swoop!
4 Poke Retriever
4 Streangth Charm
3 Crystal Shard
3 Buffer Piece
2 Pow!

12 Psy
4 Dark

Fixes are Spiffy. :clap: :cool: :rolleyes: :biggrin: :clap: :nonono: :eek: :clap:

Alright, here's my fix
-3 POR
-2 CopyCat
-1 Retriever
-2 Pow
-1 Strength Charm
-2 Psy
-1 Shard
+3 Steven
+3 TV Reporter
+3 Reversal
+2 Rocket's Hideout
+1 Magnetic Storm

The essential setup Pokemon in this deck, IMO is not Jirachi, its R. Meowth.

Why?

Snatch & Run for the almost SURE Swoop! >>> Wishing Star & HOPE you get it.

So, your start is either Slopoke/Amnesia or R.Meowth/S&R - then HOPE you've got one of you 8 Dk Slowking next turn.

Well, that's my take. Maybe you have a better mechanic for the Wishing Star.

^look for anything in case you've already got a swoop. you run 4 ya know. And to Venusaur, yes, but I must beat him CONSISTENTLY. but beating him with the worst matchup I can think of is a good start. but it was hellishly hard, I was shaking at the end of that game.

interesting point bulbasnore.

me too refelcting about it...

i think meowth is a sure swoop.
but hen you have you 8 cards (7+1) and have:
2 energies
1 slowpoke (auto: in not you mulliganed)
1 evolution (slowking or ball)
1-2 tools

it's 5-6 cards

but you need at least one of your 9-19 draw.
so let's say 7+1+3 (in this stage pheraps you can't use steven's due to large hand and you can't use birch for same reason): 11 cards

with jirachi:
7+5 on the first turn
7+1+5+3+3,75 (5 more @3/4 and 0 more cards @1/4) thats 19,75 cards (a third of the deck) to find those 6 card you need
sure, swoop is not auto (i've played it for a while and i can grant is no sure at all!!!).
and pheraps you lose something on speed in turn 2...
but in medium term the deck become amazingly more consistent.

a lot of time i can create a swarm of 3 slowking ready (or 2 but ready to be swooped/retrived) to attack. to use multiple cunning and to deal 90 3-4 turns in a row (pheraps 2 slowking die, but not many non super-ex pokemon can wistand constant 80 dmg and deal 80 damage in return...)

i think we have to wait a month....
we lose nothing (amnesia is good but autoconfusion isn't bad as well) and we gain much:
->Mary's request (3 sure cards better then cozmo, tv reporter and pheraps also of stevens' and birch)
->new slowking (pokepower than can find a tool, so less need for drawing power in middle game, at least a fresh tool every turn. cool attack too, 60 for 2 energies!!! without a single tool to be discarded!)
->new tools! 30 damage when attacked, +20 to attack when down on prizes!
sad many others can't be attacked to darks...
i think the drawing engine has to be changed accroding to new slowking's presence!

Jirachi and Rocket's Meowth both have their places.

It depends on playstyle, and depends on personal tool/machine preference. Barboach(as seen in whiscash decks;) ) can stop rocket's meowth, so it's sometimes not as good, slowpoke can do it too(mirror match)

jirachi is also usable mid-game, where meowth has to waste an attack for it...

edit: of course medicham can still beat the deck, it's all about purepower and timing of er2/reversals. if one line is prized, you need to kill 3 to basically win, if you're good about it, you can sometimes do it.

admins up the butt help too

Last edited:
ryan is right.

Jirachi and TR Meowth is all dependent on playstyle. Personally, I like the faster swoop and deck thinning, but others perfer the slower, more versatile jirachi.

My list has a Meowth/swoop engine and a 4/3/3 Birch/CC/Admin trainer engine. That allows a much faster hand refresh for that T2 Slowking and better recovery after your opponent Admins. Since Admins KILLS Slowking you need max Birch (also for discard recovery) and also a high CC count. Your admins are there just to play early game refresh or late game (if ever) disruption.

Last edited:
let me try

all i am saying is that u should get this deck formatted so that u can use it legally after worlds. i am a newb at pokegym so i really dont know my way around this site yet, but i know what i am saying and that deck looks good and all u have to do is to take out the birch, buffer, and strength charm. just replace them with something that fits perfect with the rest of the deck. oh, and by the way i am kinda low on the cards u got listed but if u got any extra for trade, let me know. ooo and dont worry i am not going to copy your deck, it gave a good idea. look around for me if u got the extras.
ChicoBlanco said:

4 Slopoke
4 Dark Sloking
4 Jirachi (DX)

3 Birch
3 Oak's Research
2 Copycat
4 Rocket's Ball
4 Swoop!
4 Poke Retriever
4 Streangth Charm
3 Crystal Shard
3 Buffer Piece
2 Pow!

12 Psy
4 Dark

taniguchi11 said:
all i am saying is that u should get this deck formatted so that u can use it legally after worlds. i am a newb at pokegym so i really dont know my way around this site yet, but i know what i am saying and that deck looks good and all u have to do is to take out the birch, buffer, and strength charm. just replace them with something that fits perfect with the rest of the deck. oh, and by the way i am kinda low on the cards u got listed but if u got any extra for trade, let me know. ooo and dont worry i am not going to copy your deck, it gave a good idea. look around for me if u got the extras.

Well, not to sound mean, but your fixes make it seem like you don't know what you're saying ;P

charm/birch are essential. birch is AWESOME in this deck, and charm is one of the only ways to knock out 100hp pokemon, it's used alot.

people. jirachi is better than meowth, what if you drew swoop in your starting 7? and you need a rocket ball / slowking / anpther psy / dark? jirahci can get you those cards for a perfect T2 slowking with dark and psy and fodder for litter. meowth can not get you those cards

<>< rokman

taniguchi11 said:

yea sorry doesnt seem like you know what your talking about Worlds Championship 1st than worry about the next format after the rotation

4 Slopoke(RG)
4 Dark Sloking
4 Jirachi (DX)

(Trainers: 34)
4 Birch
4 Rocket's Ball
4 Swoop!
4 Streangth Charm
3 Poke Retriever
3 Rocket's Mission
3 Buffer Piece
3 Crystal Shard
3 Pow!
3 Copycat

(Energy: 14)
8 Psy
4 Dark
2 heal

Last edited:
kinda sorry about that guys i wasnt payin any attention and forgot wat came out of the new sets. so ya keep birch and strentgh charm but meowth does really work and i dont know how this might work cause i didnt try it out yet but rockets wubbuffet kinda takes r.s.machines and tools out of the discard. but like i said i dont kno how that would work

Why are people so against Birch? Wait til you face a Cattybomb or anything designed to go down in prizes. You'll fall victim to Rocket's Admin, Pow! and Scramble and probably never draw another prize. And once you get Admin.ed, you'll probably have 3 cards, none of which will be Tools or Machines and you will proceed to attack for minimal damage all while being annihilated on every front. 4 Birch is a must. Anyone who says otherwise is playing the deck very differently.

see, heres the problem i see with using rocket's meowth:
it has a fighting weakness. if you start out with it as your active, and your opponent goes first, you are ultimately screwed. at least with jirachi, you get to swoop immidiately after using the power (if you get swoop, that is).
and yes, meowth's attack can bring him back to the bench after searching, but then what? whats the purpose of swooping? the slowking wont be active anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back