1 x Chatot MD

4 x Bebe's Search
4 x Roseanne's Research
4 x Plus Power
4 x Quick Ball
3 x Cynthia's Plan
3 x Buck's Training
3 x Night Maintenance
2 x Professor Rowan/Felicty's Drawing (Haven't decided yet)
2 x Warp Point
2 x Team Galactic's Wager
2 x TM-1
1 x TM-2

15 x Fire Energy

Strategy : Set up a turn two Houndoom hitting for at least 60, possible 100 if you have less bench than them. Always try to maintain that bench size if possible. If they hold their basics in hand to avoid creating too high of a bench size (to weaken your Houndoom), then Wager them and they're in a tough spot. If you're unlucky and hit tails on Houndoom's flip, the two Rotoms ensure that you can get the energy back easily. I tried one at first, but I kept getting it prized. The deck slows way down after the first attack if you get tails and you don't have Rotom.

SPOILER (Legends Awakened)

Houndoom (Fire Type) 80HP
PokeBody - Revenge Fang
- If you have less benched Pokemon than your opponent, each of Houndoom's attacks does 40 more damage to the Active Pokemon (before applying weakness and resistance).

[C] Burning Sensation - 20
- If the defending Pokemon already has any damage counters on it, the Defending Pokemon is now burned.

[F][F] Bright Flame - 60
- Flip a coin. If tails, discard two [F] energy attached to Houndoom.

Weakness - Water +20
Resistance - N/A
Retreat - [C]

Comments/Criticisms/Suggestions?

- Xaej

Last edited:
Sounds pretty cool, T2 100 isnt bad at all if you just have a Houndoom in play. Too bad you cant run Luxray, as you could grab the basics left in their hand. lol (Luxray sucks)

Dude, Just straight, 4-4, Doom is the BEST play. You will have A LOT better chanvce of having his Poke-body in effect more often!!! I would Defanitly run 4 Super Scoop ups, and 4 Maintenance, I have done alittle testing myself with him.

Houndoom is awesome if you keep your bench small. My experience trying this card out.

Energy Pickup > Rotom
Drawing Cards > Claydol

I like the idea of maybe running Chatot and TM-1, so after a knock out you bench another Hound drop an energy on it and evolve. Next turn Chatot retreats for free.

Have fun

Alright, I agree that draw card is probably better here than Claydol, I'll probably end up switching them out.
The TM-1 is a terrific idea. I'll definitely be putting that in here soon.

As for the Energy Pickup thing, I literally will always in absolutely every situation where a coin toss is called for flip tails. So, as far as the actual decklist goes, you're probably right and thats probably better. In my personal case, however, I cannot make that change lol.

- Xaej

Drop the Chatot and Rotom, you want the lowest possible in play to force your opponent to match and play small game, or get blown up. Add in 4 Energy Pick up. I haven't tried the deck without claydol, but i'm sure it would work. Also consider TS-2, it has helped me a great deal when people rare candy to a stage 2. Sure waste an attack for no dmg, but they might not have another rare candy available.

If you have access to TSD's i suggest running those as well. While NM + search works TSD is always faster. I've tested this deck with a friend and it WILL catch many people off guard at BR's. The main thing is based on if your opponent can contend with 1-2 pokemon at a time and how quickly they can set up their pokemon. IMO this is the fastest T2 deck with consistency available.

I don't think scoops should be played with this deck because of houndoom's low hp. A lot of things can OHKO it so why waste 4 spots. Just try and see what people will be playing at your BR's. any of the water decks will probably blow you up.

Good Luck!

i like the card, it has potential, the only bad thing is with soo many people talking about how kingdra is going to be the houndoom just dies to it

u can take out a nm for a tsd, and maybe play some stark mounts , i was thinkin of maybe with thyplosion, u discard with the second attack,then get it back wit fire starter move it with stark and attach again, but thas too much and its drops the consistency ,jus an idea though,good luck

Thanks for the suggestions everybody.

I am very seriously considering dropping the Claydol and, as Noir mentioned, the Chatot as well. I - personally - need to keep the Rotom and can't use energy pickup because I WILL lose coin tosses every time. Also Noir, I don't have access to TSD, but I agree it is generally faster than NM.

twitchy lv x, I considered Typhlosion, but I don't feel like needing Rare Candies for just that, you know? Also, as you said, it can easily mess up the consistency. But as far as Fire Starter goes, I believe you can attach the energy to whoever you want, but I may be wrong. If I'm right, that would make the Stark Mountain unnecessary.

I'll post up a new deck list in a little while.

- Xaej

Honestly, I'm not horribly worried about Empoleon. He's too slow, I'll KO him first.

Kingdra I haven't actually played against/with yet (I didn't go to prereleases) so I'll wait to figure out what I'll need to do against that.

- Xaej

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I updated the deck list up top.

-2 Baltoy
-2 Claydol
+2 TM-1
+1 TM-2
+1 Quick Ball

Any other ideas/suggestions?

- Xaej

Last edited:
Dude I was trying to make this deck! haha. Well i was thinking it might be better to play electrode instead of rotm cuz you want to have about only 2 pokemon (1 bench 1 active) total. just a sugestion

all you can really do against kingdra with this deck is hope you are faster. And there's nothing you can really "tech" in for water decks because it will mess up the consistency of the houndoom deck and it has low hp to start with. The only reason i said to drop chatot and rotom was because it would screw up your set up. In the deck we had, it was 4-4 Doom, 2-2 claydol, and let me tell there were A LOT of matches where it was only baltoy to start with, sucked. Hope rotom works out for you though. just keep playing/testing it and making changes you feel work.

i would take the ratom out for more warp points cuz a smart player or any player i should say would just give you pokemon to sacrafise in order to set up their bench dude, ur bench should consist of a chatot and houndoom,that way you can warp point at ease and have a houndoom next,the kingdra match is a hard one because they play call energies and its fast aswell since you only need one energy to attack n its kills it in one shot, bubble coat is a waste since it just messes the consistency and its only for one turn,also dependin wat version the kingdra deck is it may run plus powers and it runs bucks ,maybe adding another warp and a chatot

hope it helps, i wanna play doom too but kingdra being so overly hyped is hard and my friend made it and he told me is really good , so we'llsee what happeneds

4-4 Houndoom
1 or 2 Chatot

If discarding the fire energies is a big problem, run energy pickup.

Good luck. If it were not for Kingdra, this could dominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back