Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team Draft! July 17th... BE THERE! (Brookfield, WI)

Broken Lizard

[CHRISBO EDIT - Fixed title to include city & state.]

For quite some time now, a number of players have been asking me to run a TMP tournament. I love Team play! Unfortunately, a lot of the newer cards create very thorny rulings problems when used in TMP. However, I have the solution:

TMP DRAFT TOURNAMENT:

Part I:

We will begin with a sanctioned draft tournament. This tourney is open to anyone, whether or not they have a TMP partner. Each player will receive and draft from the following:

2 packs Expedition
1 pack Aquapolis
1 Pack Skyridge
1 Pack Neo Destiny

The draft will be run exactly as any other draft event. Prizes will be Hidden Legends.

Part II (optional, no additional cost!):

Players pair up with their partners for TMP. All of the cards that each player drafted are now pooled together. Teams construct two new 40-card decks from their combined card pool.

Play will be governed by WotC's rules for TMP Sealed tournaments. Copies of the rules will be available for players to use. Of course, this portion of the event is unsanctioned.

Prizes for TMP will also be Hidden Legends.

All this for just $15 per person!

So, how 'bout it?! Sounds interesting? :D

Good! Then come to:

Hobbytown USA
17115-C Bluemound Rd.
Brookfield, WI 53005
Saturday, July 17, 2004
Registration begins at 10 A.M.
Tournament starts at 11 A.M.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested. Will there be any other tourneys afterwards? You know we want a "two on two" modifide tourny. If we can sqeeze one of those in you know :psychic: Team Chicago :psychic: will show up!

Well, 2 on 2 would be cool, but I think that couple be asking too much for one day...

I'll be there, so will Jas, my brother, and my cousin. Thats 2 teams, for sure! ;)

Team Chicago: an awesome team that is not affiliated with JasonthePwnda...
I'll probably be there, im not good at team things though, never tried one...

Unfortunately, this is the same day as a large convention type thing at pastimes where I will be running events.

Team Chicago - "Founding" Members

PokeWisconsin said:
Which players are Team Chicago?

Early this year, when the Pokemon City Championships began, 9 Poke players from Chicago decided to hook up and travel to the Brookfield and the La Crosse, WI tournaments. Since these tournaments were back to back (Saturday and Sunday), it was convenient for our small caravan to play one day and travel to the next city for the next tournament. Needless to say, we bonded further as people, given the close time together. And during that trip, "Team Chicago" was coined. Taking 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places (15+ age group) at both tournaments helped to increase our "team"ship. These 9 players are considered to be the founding and original members of the team. To this day, we still play together, travel to tournaments, discuss strategies, etc.

There are others who considered themselves part of Team Chicago, but they are extended team members, not part of the original, founding group.

Who are we? Good people for the most part and good players who have a real passion for the game. Most of us will be attending the national tournament. We will be easy to spot...

Last edited:
Team Draft - July 17th

I plan to be there! Also, is there a team modified tournament planned? Please consider this format of play as well. Some of us have been playing this format (we made a few changes for EX considerations) for awhile and it is still awesome like the previous team format! Thanks.

TuxedoBlack said:
I plan to be there! Also, is there a team modified tournament planned? Please consider this format of play as well. Some of us have been playing this format (we made a few changes for EX considerations) for awhile and it is still awesome like the previous team format! Thanks.

Still, that'd be 3 events in 1 day. Draft, TMP Draft, and TMP Modified/2 on 2. If you want this, PM Broken Lizard. I'm sure he'd respond in a timely manor...

I mean, I wouldn't mind a 3rd event (though I'd have to bring some Asprin). Plus, it doesn't matter what events there are. Team ShInNySpOrK is gonna take the entire tourney anyways! ;)

Last edited:
Well it's on a Saturday so that decreases the odds that I'll be able to make it. Then again I've been working Saturday and Sunday lately anyway. It stinks but the money's good.

Ack, for those in Chicago there is a big pastimes convention this same weekend. I was hoping to have a tournament then but I see that its on the same date!

Back