Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Team Rocket Returns: The Woodlands, TX / 11-07-04

~~~"EX Team Rocket Returns Pre-release" in The Woodlands, Texas~~~

"The "EX Team Rocket Returns" Pre-release is being hosted by "The Woodlands Championship Pokemon League". This Pokemon League is located at "WalMart", 610 Sawdust Road, The Woodlands, Texas 77380. They hold their Pokemon League on Wednesday nights. Call Mike Cook at (281) 362-8781 for information. Master Professor Birch would like to thank Mike Cook, Pokemon League Leader for all of the hard work that he put into this Pre-release for The Woodlands. :clap: :clap:

"EX Team Rocket Returns" is the first new series of Pokemon cards that will be released the same time as in Japan!!! This exciting new series welcomes back "Team Rocket". I know that you will want to be the first to get your hands on these new cards. There will be drawings for "Door prizes" in between each round all day. :cool:

Below are some of the details of The Woodlands' Pre-release.

315 Sawdust Road
The Woodlands, Texas 77380

Date: November 7, 2004

Time: 10:00am (Registration starts at 10:15am)

Entry Fee: $20.00 (Includes "TRR" Pre-release Tournament & Lunch Buffet w/Drink)

Contact Information: Master Professor Birch (Richard Collinsworth)
Phone: (972) 442-5545
Email: [email protected]

Contact Information: Mike Cook
Phone: (281) 362-8781
Email: [email protected]

There will be more information to follow in the coming days. Master Professor Birch and Mike Cook will be adding information daily. Please direct your questions to this post, call, or email Mike or myself. I am very excited about holding the "EX Team Rocket Returns" Pre-release in The Woodlands. :D

Untill then, take care and keep checking back for more information.

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

The Woodlands, hmm? It's not that far away, I think I can make it. Pizza all day long and cards, it sounds good already. yeah!

It sure does! I should be able to make this event in addition to the one in Houston on Oct. 30. This all sounds cool! I mean, I've never actually been to a tournament in a pizza place before!!

:pokeball: Ex Team Rocket Returns PreRelease in The Woodlands! :pokeball:​

It's our first ever Pokemon event in The Woodlands, and we're really excited! Come on out and join us!

We've decided to follow Master Professor Birch's time frame, since he's the expert!

We're really thrilled to have him running our tournament for us.

NEW LOCATION: Wal-Mart on Sawdust Road

November 7, 2004

10:00 AM --- Welcome

10:15 AM --- Registration starts (or preregister in advance)

10:30 AM --- GameBoy Tournament starts

11:00 AM --- ex Team Rocket Returns PreRelease begins ($15.00)

** You'll start with 6 booster packs to build your 40-card deck (Basic energy cards will be provided). You will have 30 minutes to build your deck, and then we'll start the 30-minute Swiss Rounds. At the end of the Swiss Rounds, a cut will be made to determine who will compete for the trophies. All players cut at this point will receive their bonus packs of 4 Team Rocket Returns booster packs and 2 POP Series 1 booster packs. As players are eliminated from the playoffs, they will be awarded their extra packs. The winner in each age group will receive a prize!

11:15 AM --- Team Rocket Returns Theme Deck Challenge begins ($20 includes lunch & drink)

** This event is an alternative to the main Prerelease tournament. This option is primarily for younger or less experienced players who do not wish to build their own decks. Players in this event will receive a Team Rocket Returns Theme Deck and 2 booster packs. This tournament is not sanctioned. It will be Swiss Rounds, but will not go into playoffs. There will be no trophy in this event, but everyone who plays all their games, will receive the bonus of 4 booster packs of Team Rocket Returns and 2 booster packs of the POP Series 1 cards.

One hour lunch break after the Swiss Rounds

After lunch --- Playoffs --- Going for the trophies!

We will have door prize drawings all day long!!!!! More details later on this.

ASAP After the PreRelease Playoffs, the side events will begin:

ex Team Rocket Returns Booster Draft ($15.00)

Modified Constructed Tournament ($5.00)

972-442-5545
[email protected]

:pokeball: Mike Cook :pokeball:
281-362-8781
[email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited:
yes a pre-release i can make . I probably won't be able to make the Dairy AShford one . but this one is a big possibilty . :) i need to get caught up with the FRLG set if anyone wants to give away som commons :) thanks see ya'll later . :pokeball: :D

Great, hope to see you. The Woodlands will be a shorter drive for you anyway. To everyone in Dallas, the drive is only 3 1/2 hours, come on down. We have half the restaurant all day long, no time limit. That means as many tournaments as we can get in. I PROMISE a good time had by all.

Team Cook said:
Great, hope to see you. The Woodlands will be a shorter drive for you anyway. To everyone in Dallas, the drive is only 3 1/2 hours, come on down. We have half the restaurant all day long, no time limit. That means as many tournaments as we can get in. I PROMISE a good time had by all.

If anyone knows how to party, its "DJ Mike"!!! And he has promised you that you WILL have a GOOD TIME.

Master Professor Birch

actually i'll be driving from college in Brenham near College Station . so it should only be 1 1/2 drive maybe . see ya there . :D :pokeball: p.s. anyone have any commons from FRLG that they don't want ? :)

Last edited:
ShinAkuma said:
actually i'll be driving from college in Brenham near College Station . so it should only be 1 1/2 drive maybe . see ya there . :D :pokeball: p.s. anyone have any commons from FRLG that they don't want ? :)

~ShinAkuma~

PM or email me and tell me what you are looking for.

MP Birch

Pre-release Promo Cards!!!

~~~Wow....Just Found Out....We Will Still Get Pre-release Promo Cards~~~

Just read the email from "PUI"!!! As previously stated by PUI that trhere would be no more "Pre-release Promo Cards". Well, now they have decided to go ahead and continue to have them!!! Oh, yeah!!! :clap:

So, along with all of the other stuff that players will be receiving at the Pre-releases. let's add the "Pre-release Promo Card" as well. :thumb:

Venue Has Changed!!!

~~~Attention...Attention...The Woodlands Location Has Changed!!!~~~

The location of The Woodlands EX Team Rocket Returns Pre-release has changed!!! New information is below:

Address: 610 Sawdust Road
The Woodlands, Texas 77380

Entry Fee: $15.00

Registration Starts: 10:000am

(All other details are the same.)

Thanks.

Master Professor Birch

Ah....I was looking forward to all-day pizza...
Oh well, I guess the McDonald's inside the store will have to do.

Yep, I was soooooo looking forward to "punishing" the pizza buffet. I had huge plans for the tournament at CiCi's because of the space available. I will have to scale back now, but we're ok. A HUGE thanks to Wal-Mart for helping us out. We still have PLENTY of time for ALL side tournaments. Like MPB said, only the location and price have changed. We do have a McDonalds in Wal-mart . Taco Bell, KFC, and James Coney Island are within walking distance. Yes, food can be brought inside. Hope y'all can make it out to The Woodlands.

-- Mike

Last edited:
~~~Boom...Boom...Mike, You Have Got To See This...Wow!!!

:clap: :clap: ~~Boom, Boom...Wow Mike, You Have Got To See This!!!~~ :clap: :clap:

Master Professor Birch has gotten his shipment in for the "EX Team Rocket Returns" Pre-release Tournaments. I somehow, by mistake of course, open a few of the Booster packs. I thought that the art and effects from the last two sets that have been released were awesome for the "Reverse Holos". Right when you think that it can get no better, BOOM~WOW!!! THESE ARE THE BEST!!! Someone tell MP Birch why the "Reverse Holos" look SO MUCH BETTER than the regular holos??? These not only knocked my socks off. They blew my shirt and pants off as well!!! I am still trying to get my eyes back into my head. :eek:

Players, you will LOVE these "Reverse Holos" for this set of Pokemon. They are without a doubt~~THE BEST YET!!! I cannot wait for the next series to come out to see what is in store for us. :confused:

Take care and don't miss out on this Pre-release Tournament. You will feel really bad if you miss this one. :mad:

PS: "Shining Torchic" steps right out of the picture!!!

Master Professor Birch said:
:clap: :clap: ~~Boom, Boom...Wow Mike, You Have Got To See This!!!~~ :clap: :clap:

These not only knocked my socks off. They blew my shirt and pants off as well!!! :eek:

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball: [/FONT][/SIZE]

Prof. Birch!

Please make sure you put your clothes back on before you come to The Woodlands -- or the kids might mistaken you for a Pokemon!! ;)

:)

Last edited:
Team Rocket Shirts

~~~EX Team Rocket Returns Shirts...PreOrder Now~~~

The official "EX Team Rocket Returns" T-shirts are in. Master Professor Birch will be selling these at the Pre-releases. They will cost $12.00 each. I have the following sizes: small, medium, large, extra large, and 2x large. If you want to make sure that you will get the size that you want, you need to preorder before Saturday, October 30th. I will set back the t-shirts that are preordered for you. ;)

These are the BEST LOOKING Pre-release t-shirts made by far. They are black with multiple pictures on the back. :D

Ten more days until Team Rocket Returns to The Woodlands!!! Take care until then. :)

:D Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Last edited:
GBA Rules

~~~Attention...Attention...The GBA Rules~~~

The "GBA Tournament" rules are below:

*Entry Fee: FREE

*One Big / Single Elimination Tournament

*Legal GBA Cartridges are Ruby, Sapphire, Fire-Red, & Leaf-Green

*3-Pokemon of Level 50 or lower

*No two of the same Pokemon

*Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Mew, Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Lugia and Celebi are banned

*No duplicate held items

*Certain Powers (Rest, Recover, ect.) are not allowed after 8 minutes into the match

*"Modified" GBA Cartridges are not NOT allowed

*Judges rulings are final

*Prizes will be determined by attendance & highest finishing player in each Age-Group will win at least one Booster Pack

Good luck to all of the "GBA" players.

Master Professor Birch

Last edited:
Master Professor Birch said:

Master Professor Birch has gotten his shipment in for the "EX Team Rocket Returns" Pre-release Tournaments. I somehow, by mistake of course, open a few of the Booster packs. I thought that the art and effects from the last two sets that have been released were awesome for the "Reverse Holos". Right when you think that it can get no better, BOOM~WOW!!! THESE ARE THE BEST!!! Someone tell MP Birch why the "Reverse Holos" look SO MUCH BETTER than the regular holos??? These not only knocked my socks off. They blew my shirt and pants off as well!!! I am still trying to get my eyes back into my head. :eek:

Players, you will LOVE these "Reverse Holos" for this set of Pokemon. They are without a doubt~~THE BEST YET!!! I cannot wait for the next series to come out to see what is in store for us. :confused:

Take care and don't miss out on this Pre-release Tournament. You will feel really bad if you miss this one. :mad:

I love the "Sign of the Star" Mudkip (aka "Shining Mudkip)!!!

Alright folks, Professor Birch is correct.... This is an AWESOME SET!!!

I'm looking at the cards right now.... I can't seem to put them down.....
Ahhhh, just see for yourself!

You have to come to The Woodlands Prerelease!

Dang I wish I could go, but my brother won't be able to take me. But I have people from my League coming to play there. Hopefully you guys have great battles with my League Members, should be fun for you guys. :)

Back