Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

That's it! Nintendo has CROSSED THE LINE!

Kenshin's Garde

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! My Pokemon Ruby version and Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword RESTARTED THEMSELVES! My two fav games, gone! All my Lv 50's, gone! Nintendo has gone too far. They should raise the price a little to make sure that games don't restart themselves. :mad: I might sue! :mad:

Why did they die? If you leave a cartridge idol for an excess amount of time (say like a couple of years or even more) they will die. Also if you drain your GBA to the point of it dying it could drain the internal battery of the gamepak as well. If your cartridges were near a magnetized object, that too could format the system. If your system or game paks malfuntion for any reason when you try to start them up you risk losing the data as well. Severe hot or cold temperature will also affect your cartridges.

Besides if you had these games and system for more than 90 days, Nintendo won't do squat for you. Read your warrenty information inside any Nintendo Instruction manual for details.

Last edited:
Kenshin's Garde said:
It was only for about a week. Also, that's why I will sue, if needed.
You have own the games and the system (and they are brand new right, if you got them used then too bad) for only a week? If so then call their customer support hotline to discuss free repair to your items. By the ways, you can't sue them for this.

Last edited:
*blinks* And before doing this, get a grip. Nintendo did not purposely use sattelite radio based technology to reset your games just to tick you off. This was not a willful act, and was likely just an accident on your part. =/

How much would you sue them for in damages? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
You've got absolutely no claim to base a lawsuit on. You should be able to get them to repair the cartridges if they are still in warranty and are defective, but this is not anything that will give you any legal leway to sue them.

This happend to me once on Megaman BBN4 Blue moon. There are 2 ways to fix this.

1)Take a deep breath and be ready to beat the game again.
2)if you still have the receipt, Get a firm grip on your Gameboy. And whip it against the wall as hard as possible. But make sure the game is in there. Put it back ion the box pack it all up take it back and say it came like this and I haven't found the time to take it back yet. and trade it in for an Xbox or PS2 :D

Squirtle

A common problem with games resetting is that the games were purchased on eBay. And they're illegal Asian knock-offs.

... Poor Poor Tyler and I (and you wonder why I place ALL of my pokemon except a Taillow in Sapphire in PKMNBox everytime when I'm done playing it)

But seriously, if the DS has problems with the cards, then I'll really be ******.

No, I just let it be idle in my shelf. And if this sounds harsh, sorry (but too bad!) I don't really care what you guys say about not sueing. I really don't care except for Rai, I know he had this happen 3 times on FE.) I mean, really, this is like going to worlds and someone stealing your deck! Wouldn't that tick you off? If not, you must be either a)the richest person in the world or b)a complete moron. Losing my Lv 50s was like losing all my best cards. (done ranting).
Anyway, why does this happen? Also, I guess it would be better to hack games from now on.

Kenshin's Garde said:
No, I just let it be idle in my shelf. And if this sounds harsh, sorry (but too bad!) I don't really care what you guys say about not sueing. I really don't care except for Rai, I know he had this happen 3 times on FE.) I mean, really, this is like going to worlds and someone stealing your deck! Wouldn't that tick you off? If not, you must be either a)the richest person in the world or b)a complete moron. Losing my Lv 50s was like losing all my best cards. (done ranting).
Anyway, why does this happen? Also, I guess it would be better to hack games from now on.

Dude, have you ever had a console memory card corrupt on you? That's infinitely more painful than a single game's file vanishing.

IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY SAVE MEDIA. If an ASIC can be modified at will, it can also erase with little or no provocation.

The good news about MOST console games is they let you save on multiple memory cards, A VERY USEFUL TRICK, and some inadvertly let you. EG: Save on PKMN collosseum on one memory card, take it out then save again on a new memory card, behold! It works!

EDIT: Well fine, it doesn't work on PKMN collo, but it does for Metroid Prime 2 :) And that's good enougth for me :)

Last edited:
Tagrineth said:
Dude, have you ever had a console memory card corrupt on you? That's infinitely more painful than a single game's file vanishing.

IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY SAVE MEDIA. If an ASIC can be modified at will, it can also erase with little or no provocation.

Yeah, losing all your saved data can really tick you off! Ugggghhhhh. But does anyone agree with me that Nintendo should take more time making sure this doesn't happen? :eek:

Yes, Nintendo takes enougth time to make sure you can't save on the wrong memory card in PKMN, so is it too much to ask for a better holding game? I swear, if Seima no Kouseki when it comes out here is deleting itself as much as Rekka did....

Rai said:
Yes, Nintendo takes enougth time to make sure you can't save on the wrong memory card in PKMN, so is it too much to ask for a better holding game? I swear, if Seima no Kouseki when it comes out here is deleting itself as much as Rekka did....
. . . I might hire Jaffar and upgraded Matthew and Legualt.
Oh, I realized something. Hacking games is better, you get your guys back without going through the entire, stupid game again. I can save 678 hours! Wow! :D

What now, you have a Gameshark or something? THe problem with Cheating devices is they sometimes can mess up your games, (Like when I gave the main lord of Seima no Kouseki level S light magic instead of Level S Lances X_X)

Another thing, for GCN games, there a memory card that can plug into your USB port, so you can keep backup game saves on your computer :) (you can do a similar thing for GBA, but then you also can copy games and lead into other illegal things I won't talk about here)

Actually, the GBA Action Replay will let you copy save files (and only the save file)...

Anyway, where did you get your games from?

Back