Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The "Giving a Pokemon TCG Deck a Name"-Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizarro

Hello folks,

since many Users which are posting decks on the PokeGym, just make a name for their deck, from parts of their Mainhitter (like "Electigon" - "ELECTIvire - "FlyGON"; or "Raivire, Raitric" - RAIchu & ElectiVIRE/ManecTRIC, aso.), I would prefer we give our Decks more impressive names. We had some good examples like "DESTINY" (which was a Deck with Mew ex, Exeggutor d, Absol ex, and other stuff. The Deck could have sounden like that: "Mexxesol" or whatever.

Sure there are quite a few Decks that can (and should) take the name formed by their mainhitter, like: "MARIO", "ABSOLUTIONS", "METANITE". But for the rest, we should think of better names.

So post your comment to this and help to make the Pokemon TCG, a Game with cool Decknames. And maybe then Pokemon will soon become a Lifestyle TCG^^.

While I agree partially with you, some of the names people come up with for decks are just dumb. I can recall a few that I feel that way about, but I rather not say, due to the fact I dont want to leave anyone high a dry. However, some decks wont sound good if you just combine their names, while others do. I dont know why this is exactly, but it just is.

Drew

Edit: Look below for some "bad examples" of deck names. :tongue:

Last edited:
Energy Abusement - TBA's name for Blisscatty.
no_mercy.dec OR Spliss - TBA's name for solo Blissey. (Speedblissey)
The Knight - TBA's name for Dragonite ex deck
Jetlag - TBA's name for Empoleon/Raichu

I find this names really cool :x

Flygon/ex/Nidoqueen/TecH = FleX TecH (I've been calling it this pretty much since I started playing the deck, and I'm not stopping now)

add mad or hatter to the name!
RampHatter
QueenHatter
Medevoir
BlackHatter
BlissHatter
OldSkooHatter
FakeHatter
etc.

Last edited:
Don't forget Hurricane. I could have called it Gatrcattyton, or somthing like that, but it would have sounded stuppid. That and the name Hurricane makes more sense.(The name came from Gatrs nrg cyclone)

Hurricane is a pretty good name for this deck, since I'm playing it on my own (with a few modifications).
Another good name for Blissey would be "FORTRESS". Maybe with some ads, regarding whether you play it with Lucario, Electivire, Delcatty or solo.

A good ressource for Deck names, are the episode titles of the CW Show "Smallville". Since the episodes are only titled with one word, like "Heat", "Exile", "Phantom", aso you can just pick one, that suits your deck.

And please don't name your deck, something like "The fast punshing Wolve/Dog/etc." (Could be a name for a Lucario Deck^^).

Something that sounds cool, but that has an obscure resonance with the actual focus of the deck.

Like Dark Heart - an early name for DragTrode

or Haymaker - before it was popular.

or Destiny, before the list got released.

or TRUK, before anyone made the connection TRUK = Blissey.

or Delta, the name Martin gave Rai/eggs

or Hurricane, as you can't tell what the deck consists of just by the name.

or Cunning Sweetness (I made that one up, but it was originally T2 Dark Slowking)

Some examples of what I like to see in a deck name.

(I once called one of my decks Recoil. I bet you would never be able to guess what it was made of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back