2 Rocket's Hideout
2 Rocket's Tricky Gym

Energy: 13

4 Dark Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
5 Psychic Energy

I thank all thoughts and fixes.

Last edited:
Ya def. go with Mew if you want to look at your opponent's hand. 1 should suffice, and the extra space can be used for another Reversal or Rocket Ball. I wouldn't use Rocket's Mission, there's better draw available and you don't want to be discarding your Slowking.

Okay, about Mew EX...

At first I thought that it would be a cool idea for me to put it in the deck. It does the same thing as Sablye, and has better attacks. However, there were three things that made me favor Sablye...

1.) Mew EX is an EX with less than 100hp - while this makes it protected from desert ruins, this card could basically give my opponent an extra prize.

2.) Mew EX can't be switched in with a swoop! teleporter. -This means that my only reliable way for me to get Mew EX out of the deck is compromised.

3.) Sablye has a stall factor that Mew EX doesn't have. Because Sablye has the attack "Limitation"(An attack that stops your opponent from playing supporters) and the ability to look at the opponent's hand. you can slow your opponent's setup down by a number of turns. This makes Sablye a much better potential starter than Mew EX.

I would have considered running the unseen forces Slowking if there was a way to search for it without using a supporter. Sadly, there isn't a way, which means that a Dark Slowking in place of it would be far more reliable.

I have been very pleased with my use of Rocket's mission in the deck. You may sometimes drop the Dark Slowking, but there a number of key things to remember:

1.) I am running four pokemon retriever - I can usually get back the Dark Slowking if I need it.
2.) Slowpoke has the fishing tail attack, which let's me get back a pokemon or energy from the discard pile. Basically, I can take advantage of this by using Rockets mission if I go second by discarding a Dark Slowking and then using fishing tail to retrieve it. This nets me large advantage.

Thanks for the help so far.

Call me crazy but this is what i am thinking.

-2 Reversal
+2 Surprise!
-1 Dark Slowking
+1 UF Slowking

So basically, when you run out of tools or just have alot in your discard pile you can Surprise! to UF Slowking. And it can be used as fodder for Dark Slowking's attack.

I like the idea of using Surprise! Time Machines, but I am somewhat Afraid of UF Slowking's searchability in the deck. I guess I could take out the warp points and one sableye since the main pointof the warp points was to have a way to escape special conditions

Lunatone is a better Dark Slowking starter. Not only can it get swoop, it can get tools and other trainers (I.E. rocket ball).

sableye is not going to give you enough consistency to really pull off that combo and besides you would need to retreat back and forth and give up an energy each time you use that combo. Since sableeye needs to be active

"Rereads Sableye and then slaps himself in the face"

Yeah, Sableye needs to go. Didn't see the whole "Active Pokemon" thing

I disagree with the idea that LM Lunatone is better than Jirachi on the basis that:

Lunatone requires energy use ita attack, which means that there will be situations where you open with no energy in hand and you can't do anything.

Jirachi can get anything and not just trainers.

Yea, Jirachi has the better power, but Lunatone can't be affected by Mt.Moon. Then aain Jirachi cant be affected by the "Shining Horn" power.....

(Pokemon: 13)

4 Slopoke
3 Dark Sloking
2 Slowking(UF)
4 Jirachi (DX)

(Trainers: 33)
3 Birch
4 Mary Request
2 Copycat
3 Rocket's Ball
4 Swoop!
3 Poke Retriever
4 Strength Charm
3 Crystal Shard
3 Cursed power
2 Exp. All
2 Time Machine

(Energy: 14)
10 Psychic
4 Dark

play this deck ....this is the deck i won cities with...have fun

Our LL played T2 Medicham EX with Absol [LM] as the starter.
ixidor89 said:
"Rereads Sableye and then slaps himself in the face"

Yeah, Sableye needs to go. Didn't see the whole "Active Pokemon" thing.
Billy! That's why I told you to put in Mew EX [HP]!

I am going to make a few changes:

-2 Psychic Energy
-2 Warp Point

+2 Pow! Hand Extension
+1 Lunatone LM
+1 Solrock LM

I don't trust Lunatone LM enough. Many times this deck will have starts where I have no energy, which would deny me a turn two King attack if I start with a Lunatone. However, the starts lunatone and solrock provide are satisfactory. Not to mention that they can stop Pidgeot. I notice that the chances of winning with this deck once Pidgeot hits the feild go down drastically, so it will help me if I can counter the power.

Putting in the Pow! ups my tool/secret machine count and gives me a way to hit the bench.

I'm hesitating to when thinking about adding Mew EX. I have this fear that the addition could cripple me in a matchup against BLS, where Steelix could just snipe it while on the bench if things go wrong. I don't want to give my opponent a free two prizes.

I'm also still on the fence about UF Slowking. I kind of really like the idea for several reasons, but I also dislike it for several reasons.

Does anyone think that I should switch out the Rocket's hideouts for Rocket's Tricky Gyms or Desert Ruins?

ixidor89 said:
I am going to make a few changes:

-2 Psychic Energy
-2 Warp Point

+2 Pow! Hand Extension
+1 Lunatone LM
+1 Solrock LM

I don't trust Lunatone LM enough. Many times this deck will have starts where I have no energy, which would deny me a turn two King attack if I start with a Lunatone. However, the starts lunatone and solrock provide are satisfactory. Not to mention that they can stop Pidgeot. I notice that the chances of winning with this deck once Pidgeot hits the feild go down drastically, so it will help me if I can counter the power.

Putting in the Pow! ups my tool/secret machine count and gives me a way to hit the bench.

I'm hesitating to when thinking about adding Mew EX. I have this fear that the addition could cripple me in a matchup against BLS, where Steelix could just snipe it while on the bench if things go wrong. I don't want to give my opponent a free two prizes.

I'm also still on the fence about UF Slowking. I kind of really like the idea for several reasons, but I also dislike it for several reasons.

Does anyone think that I should switch out the Rocket's hideouts for Rocket's Tricky Gyms or Desert Ruins?
y don u just take out some card lunatone can search for and ADD ENG

Because I'm not just going to want to build one King. After my first, I'm going to get started on building a second. I'll need the extra Trainers to help me out.

Your gonna want a massive Monarchy of Kangs. The more the better. If that king gets assassinated before he can get an heir than your screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back