Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Mario Cup: Brawl Tournament CHOMPY WINS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absoltrainer

I want to host a Brawl Tournament. One that will finish in a timely manner.

I am taking Smash Board rules and slighty adjusting them to my own personal preferance.

General Rules:
3 Stock
8 min. Time Limit
All items set to "OFF" and "NONE"
Matches are best 2/3
Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
Elimination Matches. You win, you go on, you lose, you are out.
If you use the Bowser Suicide move, or anything else that is a suicide move and the stock count is 1-1, then the person who initiated the suicide move loses.
Stalling with any kind of infinite move (metaknight, sonic, etc. is banned)

Stages:

Allowed Stages:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2

Banned Stages:

Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Distant Planet
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Skyworld
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Characters

All characters are allowed HOWEVER (and this is where my tournamnet is different) you CANNOT use the same character 2 rounds in a row. That being said, when you report your matches, you must also report the character that you and your opponet used.

****EXAMPLE:

"I beat xxxxxxx
I used Metaknight, he used Ike"

then the OTHER person who played makes a similar post.

"I lost to dddddd
I used Ike, he used Metaknight"

During the next round xxxxxxx cannot use Metaknight.

In other words if in Round 1, I battle Chompy and I use Pit while he uses Diddy, and he wins, then obviously I am out of the tournamnet, and Chompy CANNOT use Diddy Kong during Round 2.

Match Schedual
Everyone will have 1 week, 7 days to complete their match. I WILL NOT add time extentions for any match, or anyone. If something comes up, then forfeit, if you can't commit to this then do not sign up. 1 week includes weekends, so there should be no excuse for not having a match. If a match is not completed, then I will make a decision as to who gets the win based off of activity online/in this thread, attempt to get the match started, and if need be a coin flip.
If everyone gets their matches done before the week (7 days is up) then the next round will start that much faster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MATCHES: ROUND 2

5. Chompy || 2664-7209-8234------Pit--------_____________________________________________
15. pythagoras 1995 || 0173-5296-6617-------
***pythagoras 1995 CANNOT use Lucario or Pokemon Trainer
***Chompy CANNOT use Pit

I will take a MAXIMUM of 32 (thought I highly doubt I will get that many people)
That being said, I would like a MINIMUM of 16 people to get this tournament started.

Just because 16 people sign up does not mean that more can sign up, If I get 25 people, that is fine and I will adjust the tournamet work with that.

Ok, so sign up if you want, remember to post your FC

Last edited:
you might wanna say that the player who initiated the suicded moves wins the match if both players had 1 life each. Also make it 3 stock as well.

As far as stages go it should be reformated like this

Neutral

Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshis Island (Brawl)

Counter
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise

Both players should take turns picking a stage to eliminated for game 1 until the last stage isnt picked. For example, player A picks Final Destination, then player B picks Lylat, then A picks Smashville, then B picks Battlefield. So that means neither player picked Yoshis Island so they play on that stage.

Oh and by the way im joining.

It was supposed to be 3 stock, typo FTL *fixed*
I agree about Suicide Moves. If you use the Bowser Suicide move, or anything else that is a suicide move and the stock count is 1-1, then the person who initiated the suicide move loses.

As for the stages, I kinda get what you mean, and I see how it would work, but I just don't want to complicate things anymore then they are on their own.

I'll probably do that system next time, but this time, I just want the "can use some stages, can't use others"

Sorry if I didnt phrase it right but its called the Neutral Strike Out

Which means that each player eliminates a stage out of the Neutral stage until 1 stage is left. That ONLY occurs on GAME 1 by the way.

Second game: All players select the stage the loser of the first game wants
Third game: All players select the stage the loser of the second game wants

Scenario: If the player had AIM or PM. You can send them the message ahead of time of what stage to strike out for game 1. Not banned for the match. Then you have to wait for the player to send it back to you and you guys do the same thing until one stage remains.

Stalling is banned by the way such as the Infinites such as King Dedede's standing chaingrab are allowed except when used to excessively stall the match. Also, techniques such as Sonic's homing attack, MetaKnight's infinite cape, Peach's Peach Bomber are banned when used to stall the match.

guys i have got your codes in my wii need you guys to add me with you on your wii PM me im on now if you want to play a game will be till 7;00 lol watching dog show will be on after that go vizslas! i will have a message on here saying that im online cya till then perhaps a 10player brawl and also isn't best out of 3 or just win or go home?

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

alright il be on now if any one wants a fight

any one???? im on now

hey absol want to play a game? im on right now and saw you. you haven't got me on your wii yet so il wait :) pm me when ready

Last edited:
Hey there!

I would like to join :) FC in sig.

Also I am new to this tourny style thing.
Questions :p
Is there a schedual that will be pm'd to us?

Will times be the same for everyone?

When will we know when the tourny begins?

Thanks and I can't wait!

IKE, KERBY = FTW!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back