Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Top 50 Pokémon Cards of All Time as told by Ness

Spadeace

Former 2-Time World Champion, ambassador of the game, and friend of mine, Jason Klaczynski recently took time out and wrote an article about the top 50 cards he has ever seen and ranked them. Here is a link to it http://pojo.com/CardofTheDay/2010/9-3t.shtml.

He couldn't get it to be up all at the same time and we have to settle for increments of 10s every few days, but as he told me that was a lot better then the one card per day plan that was suggested. So I hope you guys enjoy the opinions of the article because it is informative about older formats of the game that I never played as well as gaining perspective from a good player on what good cards are. So I ask you all what do you guys think will be in the next 40? What will be selected the best card of all time?"

Last edited:
I'm kind of surprised Mew ex wasn't higher on the list since it was so versatile, given the format it was in. With Holon's Magneton/Castform/Magnemite, etc., it was a strong force to reckon with. So far though, those are definitely some good picks. It's definitely nice to see some of the older material get appreciation, and just awesome of Ness to undertake such a task. Can't wait for more, myself.

-checks the picture- Either HoPe (<3) or Sablelock. HoPe is cooler though, a lot cooler.

Wish it was top 50 in unlimited, kinda lame to see electabuzz and wigglytuff in the top 50 spaces. More like top 50 homage cards.

That's Hope.

And it deserves to be there. ^^

I'm pretty sure that's just tool box.

Anyway, I would imagine that some base set stuff is gonna be in the top 10, I can't imagine anything right now being up there.

I'm pretty sure that's just tool box.

Anyway, I would imagine that some base set stuff is gonna be in the top 10, I can't imagine anything right now being up there.
It isn't just the best cards..a lot of it is the impact the cards made on the game during its particular format.

So things like Pidgeot FR/LG, Holon Transceiver, Slowking, etc. will probably place pretty high just because of the brokenness in the format they were in.

Very cool idea! That 41-50 list brings back bad memories of two of my most hated decks ever, RockLock and Mewtric. Still. the article is already reminding me how much more fun Pokémon was in the days of Base/Gym/Neo/e/early ex before things like Delta (though I'll let Metanite slide :p) and SPs marred the game as we know and love it.

I can't wait to see where the following cards rank:
~Blastoise (Base / Base 2)
~Professor Oak
~Computer Search
~Gust of Wind
~Energy Removal
~Super Energy Removal
~Rocket's Zapdos
~Cleffa (NG)
~Slowking (NG)
~Sneasel (NG)
~Murkrow (NG)