Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on The VVV to end all VVVs: y u no shave ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuva267

The VVV to end all VVVs

So I have actually had several VVV posts and threads on the gym, and this one is meant to 'end' (see what I did there?) all of those posts. So just try to keep up. And If you're wondering, yes, It's Mewbox.

Pokemon 24 total

The little creatures you force into balls, force them to fight their fellow monsters, and give them stuff to hold while their doing it. Wait, isn't that slavery?

4 Mew Prime
2-3-4 Vanilluxe
2-1-3 Vileplume
1 Relicanth
2 Fliptini
2-0-0 Unfezant

T-S-S 19 total

The random people that randomly show up to help you in random ways. They also give you candy.

3 Twins
4 PONT
2 N
3 Collector
3 Juniper
4 Rare Candy

Energy 17 total

Because simple pieces of paper can let little electric mice to shoot electricity from ther tail. I'd like to see YOU do that.
7 Water
2 Psychic
3 DCE
2 Prism
3 Rescue

STRATEGY

There is no such thing as not having a strategy. I proved that by totally failing at States

The idea is to maintain, in my own wording, a 'Vanillock'. You have either one of the two fields playing:

#1:

Active: Mew Prime with Water and Rescue energies.
Bench: Vileplume, Fliptini, 3 empty slots.
Hand: Any supporters and energies you can get your hands on when neccesary. Maybe use a PONT every time your discard pile is bigger than your deck, but only if you have a full Vanillock going.
Lost Zone: Vanilluxe, Unfezant, and maybe, when it calls, a Gloom.

#2:

Active: Vanilluxe with Water and Rescue Energy
Bench: Victini, Vileplume, try to get Mew a/o Relicanth in 1/2 of the slots.
Hand: Anything capable of helping Mew get in the field.
Lost Zone: Vanilluxe a/o Unfezant, for when Mew does hopefully come out.

In other words, you want to keep a Mew/Vanilluxe paralyzing opponent' active while having a Plume on bench stopping Full Heals and Catcher, also with Fliptini helping... well, you know, flips. In priority, you always want #1 out with Vanilluxe and Unfezant in the Lost Pit. #2 is worst case scenario. My quote of this deck is...

Once you get VVV started, it's like a ball. It's hard to stop the ball when it gets rolling. NEVER stop your VVV ball from rolling.

That should be it, guys. Nats is waiting... Thanks for all of your help!

Last edited:
You don't have rescue energies listed, why do you try to set up a vanilluxe? Why not just go for straight mew? Communication helps, maybe 1 more relicanth

Oops, I didn't list Rescue. My bad! I'ts in there, I just skipped it. It's fixed. I never try to set up Vaniluxe unless Mew is out of the field, which is uncommon, but it has happened before. I'm looking for one more Relicanth. I try to stay away from communications, they are trainers, so I try to have as least as those as possible.

Thank you for your opinion, It is greatly appreciated!

Run either a Vanilluxe line or Mews with only Vanilluxe, not both. You can simplify your energy lines that way. Also, you need some Communications, you're going to have some extra pokemon before Vileplume comes out and it makes it easier to get the evolutions you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back