Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

The Wholly Unofficial *lacking a tacky/cutesy name* Leafeon-Sceptile-Shaymin Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

prodigal_fanboy

I'm trying to consolidate all the various threads that have been focused around this deck idea into one thread for debate, in hopes of finding superior card choices, if not a superior build. Anyone know how to get Redshark working so I can test it more?

Decklist
4-3-1 Leafeon
2-1-2 Sceptile GE
2-1 Uxie
2-2 Claydol
1-1 Skymin Basic/Shaymin X
2 Unown G
1 Azelf

4 Rare Candy
4 Roseanne's Research
4 Bebe's Search
3 Lv. Max
2 Warp Point
1 Night Maintenance
1 TSD
1 Dawn Stadium
1 Miasma Valley
1 Premier Ball
1 Luxury Ball

8 Grass Energy
4 Call Energy

Strategy - let's not get locked
I always try my best to run consistent, aggressive builds. I think this deck is no exception. The prime focus is hitting a T1 Leafeon, T2 Leafeon X, and beating face from there. You have support with Shaymin X pumping up the health of my main beater. Sceppy makes it easy to escalate damage for the OHKO - 130 by turn 3, if I do my math correctly. All support is optional, the only thing you really need to set up is the Claydol, otherwise, set up what you draw into unless situation calls for it.

Changes
I'm not sure if I should drop an Eevee, down to 3-3-1, or add in a slot for the metagame tech of your choice - Espeon if you see lots of AMU/Champ, Umbreon if you see lots of Dusknoir/Gengar, Jolteon if there's Kingdra, etc. Flareon BET is obviously going to become that spot if Leaftile becomes huge.

I keep ambivialating between 4-3-1 and 2-2-2 Leafeon for the current build, and between Poke Drawer and Poke Healer. Time nad playtesting will reveal which is optimal.

Also, pardon my trainer toolkit. :) I'm a former magic player, so especially with Drawer +s, one-ofs are a natural part of gameplay from my perspective.

Also, other snippets of strategy can be found throughout the thread, so if you'd like to glean it from the posts then go right ahead.

Last edited:
one thing that i suggest is adding
2 eevee
1 espeon
and 1 umbreon

these are awesome tech support for the leafy xs

i still think add in the espeon because it can and will help out... you dont need both shaymin xs out at the same time and i would take out the uxie x....but thats the cool thing about pokemon... everyone has their own playstile...so power to ya to do what you want!!!

Espeon's easier to get a guaranteed setup with than Shaymin, but you sacrifice sheer ability for that ease, which is my decision. I'm also thinking about dropping a Call for a Warp Energy.

Basically it comes down to making a conscious effort to minimize bench spaces consumed to "protect" myself against Palkia G X (which I doubt will see much play) and Dark Palm (which has seen less play in my experience). I just don't want a strategy reliant on four bench spots used.

what about

+1 snowpoint
and +1 dawns

i think that you will do enough damage that you wont need galactics hq. and who knows, your using the sky form to attack so +20 hp would not hurt just to be on the safe side

True, but if Gigas becomes prevalent then that could be an issue nonetheless. I still like the idea though.

-1 Galactic's HQ
+1 Dawn Stadium.

What about the supporter that lets me check out both hands and then choose one to be pitched? Could stall out if I know they've got a Dialga G in the rafters - although I tried to plan this deck to be wholly viable even after a G X hits the table.

The issue with Miasma is that it hits my Eevees, my baltoys - it doesn't touch Uxie or Shaymins, things that stay on the bench. I'll consider it, but I don't think it's superior to Dawn or Snowpoint.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

No, I've yet to extensively test it - I'm not even supposed to be on the forums atm, my Extended Essay is due tomorrow, I'm just hashing out theoretical flaws before I find practical ones.

Last edited:
defenitly go w/miasma valley because it says whenever any player puts a basic pokemon (excluding :grass: or :psychic: pokemon) from his or her hand onto his or her bench, put 2 damage counters on that pokemon and you will most likely evolve your evee's & baltoy's before you play the card anyway

The issue with Miasma is that it hits my Eevees, my baltoys - it doesn't touch Uxie or Shaymins, things that stay on the bench. I'll consider it, but I don't think it's superior to Dawn or Snowpoint.

and i think that you can do enough damage without haveing to hurt yourself...

defenitly go w/miasma valley because it says whenever any player puts a basic pokemon (excluding or pokemon) from his or her hand onto his or her bench, put 2 damage counters on that pokemon.

it will hurt the eevees and baltoys and he doesnt want that...cool name though

stadiumwise, Miasma hinders your opponent greatly during set-up as their evolved non-grass or psychics end up with almost the same HP as their basic.

And at the end of the game, Dawn helps recover damage you've taken.

How bout a 1-0-1 sceptile GE line. it helps leafeon get the OHKO on sum of the fatties. and will win the mirror match 4 u.

That might merit playtesting, but as I stated in the original post, the hit to consistency coupled with an increased dependency on bodies means that it could be very risky against Dialga G. However, it'd be superb against Amphytric, so that also comes down to how the Sceppy tech would affect my matchups.

if you are to be facing multiple shaymin based grass decks, or an other deck known for obnoxiously large HP i would put in the sceptile. I understand your argument for consistency, but the sceptile line would make the deck legitimately better at dealing damage, so that it would become a threat to almost any deck that they put out.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

and anyway, how is uxie's zen blade any better whatsoever than sceptiles attacks. for two energies it does 50 possible 70. that's better than what uxie has to offer.

Last edited:
if you are to be facing multiple shaymin based grass decks, or an other deck known for obnoxiously large HP i would put in the sceptile. I understand your argument for consistency, but the sceptile line would make the deck legitimately better at dealing damage, so that it would become a threat to almost any deck that they put out.

Yes, but to what extent is the increase of power feasible, i.e., how often can you set it up? If Leaftile were truly so broken, wouldn't it've done well in the current relatively fire-less format?

and anyway, how is uxie's zen blade any better whatsoever than sceptiles attacks. for two energies it does 50 possible 70. that's better than what uxie has to offer.

Zen Blade = 60 for 2. Sceppy averages 60 for 2 if and only if its body is allowed to be "on". Albeit, you can't string Zens without retreating, but still, it's cheap efficiency.

as sceptile is nice in leafy decks you have a packed deck....you would have to add the 1-0-1 line os sceptile and then add at least two candy.....

but yeah sceptile is great in these deck ideas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back