Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Third Annual Nelson Water Gym!

Psyducky

:water: :water: :water: It's that time of year again! It's time for the 3rd Annual Nelson Water Gym. Mark your calendars for Saturday, July 28th from 2:30PM until whenever. Bring $2 to help pay for prizes, a potluck item to share, your swimsuit, a towel and your specially built Water Gym Deck! Each Senior and Junior must have a parent accompany them to the pool area.

This year's decks must:
1. Contain only water Pokemon (can be dual type, but one type must be water)
2. Be in the modified format
3. Be able to battle in a 2 vs. 2 format
4. Yes, you can use fossils!

Potluck and pool party start at 2:30PM. Registrations for the tournament will be taken anytime before 4:30 and the tournament will begin at 5PM. Winners will receive special trophies! Door prizes.

If you are coming from out of town (i.e. Oregon) please PM me and we'll find a place for you to stay.

This is an unsanctioned event.
:water: :water: :water:

:water: :water: :water: It's that time of year again! It's time for the 3rd Annual Nelson Water Gym. Mark your calendars for Saturday, July 28th from 2:30PM until whenever. Bring $2 to help pay for prizes, a potluck item to share, your swimsuit, a towel and your specially built Water Gym Deck! Each Senior and Junior must have a parent accompany them to the pool area.

This year's decks must:
1. Contain only water Pokemon (can be dual type, but one type must be water)
2. Be in the modified format
3. Be able to battle in a 2 vs. 2 format
4. Yes, you can use fossils!

Potluck and pool party start at 2:30PM. Registrations for the tournament will be taken anytime before 4:30 and the tournament will begin at 5PM. Winners will receive special trophies! Door prizes.

If you are coming from out of town (i.e. Oregon) please PM me and we'll find a place for you to stay.

This is an unsanctioned event.
:water: :water: :water:

If we can use fossils can we use Evees too? (for Vaporeon)

If we can use fossils can we use Evees too? (for Vaporeon)

Fossils are trainers. Eevee are pokemon.

I don't think I've seen a water type Eevee. Maybe if you get a blue highlighter, you might sneak one past the judge. Be warned - as an unsanctioned event, we don't have to follow PUI's penalty guidelines!

APT - Sorry...

With the recent loss of Cason, we have decided to turn the Water Gym into a fundraiser for the Cason Terjeson Memorial Scholarship Fund. The $2 entry fee, plus whatever additional contribution you would like to make will be donated to the fund.

David

Last edited:
Fossils are trainers. Eevee are pokemon.
I don't think I've seen a water type Eevee. Maybe if you get a blue highlighter, you might sneak one past the judge. Be warned - as an unsanctioned event, we don't have to follow PUI's penalty guidelines!

LOL, does that mean we'll be beaten if we try it?

LOL, we could always throw their decks into the pool and make them go get them.

It looks like I won't be trying the Eevee thing.... :biggrin:

Don't you mean leave them out of the pool? It is kinda hot.

Depends on the weather I guess. If it is hot, we can force them to play all of their games outside, in the sun, while providing shade for their opponent (provided the cheater is allowed to continue playing). If it rains, cheaters go in the pool (I elect myself as the "offical, unoffical cheater-pool-thrower-inner"). Also, if a player were to laminate the cards in their deck prior to the water gym, throwing their deck in the pool wouldn't have much of an effect (though it could ruin the deck box).

Last time I checked though, the TO is the one in charge of the penalties, and handing them out. At least we only have one more week to wait until the gym.

Back