Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Thoughts on what you think will win Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksoulSP

I know these types of threads happen very often, but I actually haven't seen any on this subject, especially with it happening so soon! Personally, I'd love another Rogue or Sablelock to win, but I have a hunch it might just be LuxChomp or DialgaChomp. Of course, there's also Jumpluff, Gyarados, and Cursegar running around...

But the question remains: What do YOU think will win Worlds?

Sablelock is no longer rogue,

It has decent matchups across the board,
and is favored against Luxchomp, which is still the most played deck.
and therefore will most likely win worlds.

and if not that, it will be a deck from japan with cards we have never seen.

It won't be sableyelock. MAYBE in JRs. The deck is just so luck reliant. PLOX really has been getting some hype and has good matchups against SP which as always will be big.

Luck reliant? Why do you say that? The only card based on luck is Initiative....

I think I'd actually laugh if a Jr won with Sabelock. If a Junior can do well with Sabelock, they can do well with ANY deck (and props to them if they can). Though it is a hard deck to play, because of the skill required with what options to utilize.

Pl0x might be back again, and I wouldn't count it out, but I still believe that Luxchomp w/ERL is a very strong contender.

It won't be sableyelock. MAYBE in JRs. The deck is just so luck reliant. PLOX really has been getting some hype and has good matchups against SP which as always will be big.

Are you serious? Sablelock Held so many T128 spots at nats in masters it is not even funny. Not as many as luxchomp but still. I donteven know if more than 5 were in t64 in juniors.

I think either....

- A LuxChomp w/o ERL, w/ a Mewtwo counter, and w/ heavy mirror techs.

- A Sablelock w/ Honchkrow.

- A GG w/o AMU, w/ Claydol, Call, 'Tomb.

Will win.

I also think that Jumpluff w/ AMU, Garchomp SV, Kingdra/X, and Tyranitar will all do well.

What will win? One of two things...

1. Garchomp C LvX. It almost doesn't matter what deck this thing is in, as long as the SP engine is with it and it's got its DCEs. it's a beast and a half, nearly impossible to take down naturally, and snipes KOs like nobody's business.

2. Something that counters Garchomp C LvX.

Really, that's what the format has come down to. You are either playing Garchomp C, or you're countering it.

What will win? One of two things...

1. Garchomp C LvX. It almost doesn't matter what deck this thing is in, as long as the SP engine is with it and it's got its DCEs. it's a beast and a half, nearly impossible to take down naturally, and snipes KOs like nobody's business.

2. Something that counters Garchomp C LvX.

Really, that's what the format has come down to. You are either playing Garchomp C, or you're countering it.

Where is Crystal Beach when you need it!

Unfortunately GCX will be T4 for sure. Would be nice to see Rogue win! If someone could Harness Machamp with Honchkrow that would ideal!

Well, what would I think would win worlds? Well, the following four decks are very strong canidates for this possibility.

Luxchomp
Sablelock
Luxpluff
Plox

My reasons are as follows:

Luxchomp: As everyone knows, Luxchomp is pretty much the BDIF in our format right now. Since Luxchomp can pull off cheap and easy KOs using cards like Luxray GL or Garchomp C, it is no wonder this deck can be very good right now. It can even run lots of techs to help it against other matchups too, like Crobat G. Moreover, the deck is pretty fast, so it can potentially out speed many other decks, and it can even cause some nice disruption with cards like Power Spray or using Luxray GL or Garchomp C to KO draw power cards like Claydol or Uxie Lv.X. Also, nowadays, many Luxchomp builds are starting to run ERL as a tech, which thanks to ERL, Luxchomp can turn even more dangerous. Thus, because of Luxchomp's speed, disruption, and great attacks that can take prizes early in the game (primarily by sniping the bench), there is a very strong chance that Luxchomp might win worlds, and it won't be surprising if that happens.

Sablelock: Ever since it won U.S. Nationals in masters this year (as well as many of them being played in Top 128 cut this year), it was no doubt that Sablelock can be one very good deck. With cards like Sableye, Honchkrow G, and Garchomp C (all of which are the decks main cards), Sablelock is indeed one mighty deck. The deck's notable strategy is too either go for the donk early in the game, or start causing disruption in many ways (primarily using cards like Judge, Giratina, or Cyrus's Initiative to disrupt the opponent's hand, and then using Chatot G to give your opponent bad top decks, or of course, stop your opponent's key Poke-powers with cards like Power Spray). Both the disruption and the donks from the deck are all thanks to Sableye, which can achieve both strategies. The deck also has good sniping ability too, thanks to Honchkrow G and Garchomp C that is. Like other SP decks, it runs other techs to help it against other matchups too. Because of how the deck "locks", donks, and snipes, there is also another good possibility that Sablelock might win worlds, but like Luxchomp, I have feeling that this can very likely happen since Sablelock is a deck that pretty much sits right behind Luxchomp.

Luxpluff: This deck has been popular ever since states, and this deck can be pretty good for many reasons. First off, this deck is very fast. Cards like Rare Candy and BTS can help you out speed many other decks easily, including setting up some Claydols to give you good set up so that you can pull out a lot of Pokemon to start KOing early. Secondly, the deck hits pretty hard too. Jumpluff's Mass Attack can hit for 10 times the number of all the Pokemon out in play; so, that means if you can give it an Expert Belt and play down some bench Pokemon, you will be sure to hit for a lot of damge (140 at the max if the Jumpluff has an Expert Belt and there are 6 Pokemon out on each side). It also has some nice disruption, where with the help of Luxray GL, Jumpluff can effectively KO some of the opponent's bench. Moreover, the deck is very easy to use, as all you need to do is pull out some bench Pokemon and a Pluff, and voila, you are ready to go. For these reasons, there is a possibility of Luxpluff winning it, but maybe not as high as Sablelock and Luxchomp have now though.

Plox- With cards like DCE, Expert Belt, and Judge, Plox is pretty good right now. In fact, this is quite evident because many of them came in Top 128 this year. Like the past, the deck's main strategy is to lock using Gardevoir, and then you use Gallade to KO high HP Pokemon. Not only the deck can lock, but it can also hit hard too. The deck can even run many techs so help it against other matchups, like Dusknoir or Azelf Lv.X. Nowadays, many Plox builds are running Spiritomb to effectively trainer lock in the beginning and start the evolution on many of your Pokemon. A Plox variant using AMU has also become popular lately. Because of AMU, the deck can further improve its locking abilities. Thus, because of Plox's great power-locking abilities and its hard hitting attacks, Plox might have the chance to win worlds this year, but it is paired with Luxpluff for that chance as like the previous deck I mentioned, Luxchomp and Sablelock have a stronger chance of winning.

Based on what I believe, I have a feeling the Luxchomp, Sablelock, Luxpluff, and Plox will all have a strong chance of taking first this year. Of course, there is the possibility of tier 2 decks winning too, like Cursegar, Gyarados, Donphan, Machamp, Gengar C, or DialgaChomp, and there is also the chance that we may have a new surprise deck winning too, like a deck made by the Japanese. Of course, if these tier 2 or surprise decks won't win, they will still at least make top 4.

Last edited:
I think Luxchomp, and Dialgachomp are gonna be in World's becuase right know they are pretty much the fastest Sp decks around.

Uh, DialgaChomp is in no way a "fast" deck. It simply slows down the opponent while running off the best engine in the game with Claydol support, making it sturdy, with Trainer/Stadium and Power Disruption making the opposing deck slower. Infact, DialgaChomp is the only set-up SP deck I've heard of that sees any usage competitvely (lol, back in the days where Turtwig GL was hyped).

Uh, DialgaChomp is in no way a "fast" deck. It simply slows down the opponent while running off the best engine in the game with Claydol support, making it sturdy, with Trainer/Stadium and Power Disruption making the opposing deck slower. Infact, DialgaChomp is the only set-up SP deck I've heard of that sees any usage competitvely (lol, back in the days where Turtwig GL was hyped).
Turtwig GL was actually hyped? I thought Turtwig GL was bullcrp. 3 Retreat. 90HP. -_-''

- If LuxChomp wins, it's only because it will be overplayed.
- Sablelock is not really luck reliant... it takes more skill to play than any meta deck out there right now.
- DialgaChomp is better than almost everything, it should win.
- PLOX shouldn't win, it's not as good as it used to be, didn't put up a stellar tournament record this year, and has no super favorable matchups.
- Jumpluff is sort of a generic strong contender.
- Gyarados was never good and will not suddenly become good at Worlds.
- I still like Flygon, but it's not going to win. D:
- Machamp is another very strong contender, if anyone has the Guts to play it. It needs techs to win, though, which people seem to forget.

JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back