Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Time space distortion

There are a slew of them for around $25 on eBay right now.

My statistics show me an average price of $16.82.

"A slew of them on eBay right now" only means that it hasn't sold, and perhaps for good reason. But if you seek the card quick and you're trying to get it at the last moment, expect an average between $25.00 - $35.00 (depending on where you get it).

Those prices are all SOOOO over-priced! That is what you might pay from a dealer, card shop, or as mentioned above "in a hurry" but you can get these cards for a few bucks on eBay and other internet sites. The card's value is based soley on supply and demand. The demand for the card has went up but the supply is also high. So because of this, more people are selling the card which means that there is a larger supply which means that even though the card WAS worth $20-40 (on average $30), it is much cheaper now as competition by sellers forces the value/price of the card to decrease.

It's the same with the Charizard EX. The card was selling for $200-300 for a while on eBay and there are still some sellers who post Buy It Now prices that high because they expect to still get that much for the card. However, the card sells everyday for $40-50 bucks (and a lot of times includes free shipping). Once again, this is an example of the demand for the card increasing and therefore the supply increases when people decide that they would prefer the money over ownership of the card and decide to sell it.

The example is a bit skewed though because there were many, many more Time Space Distortion Trainer cards made than the Charizard EX. Therefore, the Charizard EX will retain value because it has a much more limited quantity while the Time Space Distortion will retail some value but not a lot. The ONLY way this card is worth more than $10 is if it's FOP (fresh out of pack), perfectly mint, and worth maybe $30-50 if it's been PSA Graded an 8 or higher. Simple supply and demand here people. You can quote price guides all you want but those are printed at specific points in time and are a reference point rather than a set selling/buying point as they are out of date before they are even off the printing press. They are extremely helpful resources but cannot be used for accurate pricing.

If you don't believe any of this, go to eBay right now and buy a Time Space Distortion for a couple bucks!

The time space distorion cards right now on ebay will finish around 16 to 20. Its only like that because it still has days left. Put it on your watch list and see what one finishes for. Just making a point.

It's on my watch list already :) I picked up a few so far on there for around the same price. The most I've paid for one so far has been $13 bucks and that was one that I got at a local shop that I watched a kid pull out of a pack haha. Now obviously that was one of those "rare gem finds" but like you said, just making a point.

The thing that you have to remember is that any product can be found at an extremely cheap price. It is all just a matter of how you obtain it, who you obtain it from, the supply vs. the demand of the object, and your willingness to pay "x" number of dollars for it.

Granted, I get mine to add to my decks so the condition isn't always necessarily of paramount importance but I do prefer cards to be in good shape. The thing is, and anyone can argue this point with me for as long as they want, but in the end, it's a Trainer card. The most valuable cards (barring Error cards, Promos, PSA Graded, etc.) are Character cards and they retain value because younger kids want them so bad and their parents are willing to pay the money if they have it. Not many 11 year olds will freak out when they open a pack of Pokemon cards and see a Trainer but I bet 99 out of 100 will freak out when they open a pack and see a sick Charizard EX or a Gold Star Suicune ;)

Regardless, the point is null. It's all a subjective matter of opinion. Again, argue it all you want but I've been around long enough to see the Base Set Charizard go from selling for over a thousand to selling for $5. Just all supply and demand. Until WOC decides to release another sick Charizard or some super rare, killer card, the Charizard EX will hold the rains as the most valuable (ordinary as mentioned above, i.e. non-error, non-promo, etc.) card that is in the game.

Tv reporter from dragon isn't just a "trainer" card. Granted it has no resemblance to time space just stating that some trainers go for alot. And the world trainer cards tropical winds go for even more.

The card's value is based soley on supply and demand.

Simple supply and demand here people.

If you don't believe any of this, go to eBay right now and buy a Time Space Distortion for a couple bucks!

Supply and demand does take affect in any marketplace transaction. But to say a card's price is based solely off supply/demand is shortsighted. To say that it's "simple" is even more careless. There are many micro-factors that can affect the sale of a card, especially on a open marketplace such as eBay. Now, a person can simplify it in laymans terms and reduce the whole concept to supply/demand, but you'd leave out a bunch of nifty info as to why a TSD...on eBay..at this given point in time will not break $20.00.

On a seperate note, spite can be a factor.

The time space distorion cards right now on ebay will finish around 16 to 20. Its only like that because it still has days left. Put it on your watch list and see what one finishes for. Just making a point.

I respectfully disagree. If people are seeking this card for an event...let's say Nationals?...they would not be relying on eBay at present moment. The timing is off -- just one of the micro-factors that needs to be considered for open marketplace price. If anything, the final sale price I'm guessing will be around $16.00 +/- $2.00. Anything above will break average and anything below will be a good deal.

Edit: After reviewing my posted statement, I am inclined to rescind my disagreement, but would like to point out my advocation that there is a great likelihood of this card price to drop below $16.00.

Tv reporter from dragon isn't just a "trainer" card.

RH TV Reporter (Dragon) isn't just a "Trainer" card.

Around $22 or so. In Japan they reprinted the card and can be gotton from half decks now. This could mean that a US reprint is possible.

Ew. Reprint possible. If it's so, it'd be the second most depressing news next to when I heard Charizard G Lv. X was going to be a tin promo.

Last edited:
Supply and demand does take affect in any marketplace transaction. But to say a card's price is based solely off supply/demand is shortsighted. To say that it's "simple" is even more careless. There are many micro-factors that can affect the sale of a card, especially on a open marketplace such as eBay. Now, a person can simplify it in laymans terms and reduce the whole concept to supply/demand, but you'd leave out a bunch of nifty info as to why a TSD...on eBay..at this given point in time will not break $20.00.QUOTE]

First of all, supply and demand is Economics 101. If I were to get deep into the logistics of the value of an item, which I could given my M.B.A. (Focus on Computer Information Systems and Economics) from Fisher College of Business at OSU, then of course the value would go deeper than supply and demand. However, given the fact that this is a POKEMON forum (I have to almost laugh that you would want to debate economics on here but oh well... here we go!) I didn't get into "micro-factors" as you like to call them.

Regardless, in Micro Economics, you have to consider a number of things, this is true. However, once again, when you are referring to the value of a good or service, 99.9% of it's true value (true value = real dollar value = "what you can actually sell the good or service for") is determined by supply and demand. Now, you mentioned micro-factors such as tournaments coming up. Tournaments coming up would fall under "demand" as the demand increases when there is an event that takes place that causes more people to want to purchase the card and they are therefore willing to pay more. Given this information, we then have a lower supply of the card, hence the price escalates. So, even with your "micro-factor theory", this is still a very simple example of supply and demand.

Needless to say, the card's value will always be based upon the demand. Again, I will fall back on Charizard as an example.... the base set Charizard was worth hundreds of dollars when the cards first came out as every little boy and girl who played HAD to have one and their parents were willing to pay the money, especially given that the cards came out in '98 (right when the U.S. Economy hit it's peak and right before the .com bubble bursted) so these parents had the money to pay. I know this. I was selling Charizards to neighborhood parents for 5, 6, and 7 hundred depending upon how bad they wanted the card (demand) and how many I had left (supply). However, now that the card has an enormous supply (people kept selling them and selling them and there are still booster boxes and packs of unlimited base set out there yet to be opened) the card has fallen from these enormous prices (for some period of time it was worth more than the Black Lotus - WoTC's other super valuable card and the rest of the P9 from Magic the Gathering). So, supply/demand theory may seem simplified but when you delve into any topic related to the value of a good and/or service, you can put it under supply or demand. Even the condition of the card.... very simplified numeric example: Lets say there are only 5 TSD's in the world right now. 4 of these are in OK/average/played condition. 1 is in MINT condition, perfect cut, no scratches, etc. Now, we have a SUPPLY of 4 cards that are in average condition and therefore they are less valuable as there is a larger supply. However, only 1 of these is Mint; hence its supply is lower and therefore the demand for it is greater and it's price is higher.

Now, we could delve into Mathus, Paine, and Jones and some old school economics but there's no need because it's all arguements over supply and demand and macro-economics. That's why Micro-Economics can be taught in 5 weeks and Macro-Economics takes years and years to fully understand. Game over. :thumb:

Okay okay.......enough, my nose has led me to this post........Let me tell you about my nose a little, not only is it perfect and makes me even more handsome, it has this nasty habit of smelling lies and people that like to try and turn things to their advantage by spouting complete and utter rubbish......at the moment my nose is twitching like a twitchy thing in a twitchy place.

Lets take this further Mr M.B.A. (congratulations on this btw, shame they run a concurrent course on common sense and the ability of how to check facts and figures before opening one's mouth).

So.....you have 6 posts here on the Gym and by the 6th post you are talking like this.......

Now, we could delve into Mathus, Paine, and Jones and some old school economics but there's no need because it's all arguements over supply and demand and macro-economics. That's why Micro-Economics can be taught in 5 weeks and Macro-Economics takes years and years to fully understand. Game over

I shall remain polite, but dude you might of well said "hey look at me, I think I am a great big hot shot and you are all thick as a plank of wood". Mostly you are talking to kids between the age of 8 and 20 here, I am pretty sure they have no idea what you are talking about!

Alas, I am about to prove that you also have no clue as to what you are talking about........

Your 1st post here is this:

Looking for Charizard EX, Wailord EX, and Lugia EX...

I am willing to pay via PayPal

Also, if you have multiples of these cards that you are willing to sell then please note that as well and if your asking price is reasonable then I will purchase more than one. I am currently trying to build up my Fire Deck and need the Charizard EX ('s) (Fire Red / Leaf Green) for it. The Wailord EX and Lugia EX will be added to my collection as I currently need both of them and haven't been able to find them for a reasonable price.... Everyone seems to want to charge ridiculous amounts for these cards.

I would prefer that the cards be in MINT/NM condition but if you have one that has been used/played/not well taken care of that you are willing to sell at a reduced price based upon the condition of the card then I will definitely consider those as well because they will be used in game play.

The best way to contact me is to either post a response to this thread or to PM me.

Please include the following:
1. Card(s) that you have and quantity of each
2. Asking Price (I may counter-offer or accept depending upon price) - if multiples, please list per card price or price for the lot
3. Condition of the card
4. Verification that you accept PayPal
5. Shipping Price

Thanks!

Okay, I can let that slip.....actually I cant.......nobody would want a near mint Chex for a fire deck and then you go onto say you would also like a Wailord Ex and Lugia EX (just so happens they are the top 3 $$$ cards), then you want them in multiples.........dude if you want to buy here and re sell on eBay......just say so! There is no need to stay in the closet.....come out already!

Then you get offered this:

Card: 1x Charizard ex
Asking Price: $100
Condition: NM; faint scratches were identified
PayPal: Accepted. Existing balance/eCheck/bank transfer preferred.
Shipping Price: Free, if payment can be received without fees. $3.30 otherwise.

You reply with this:

Sorry, not interested. That price is what the card is probably worth but I can get one on eBay for like 40 or 50 bucks with Free shipping. I'm looking for something around that price range (doesn't have to be Mint but Mint is preferred).

I appreciate you getting back to me though and if you happen to have one that you aren't charging so much for (perhaps it isn't in as good of shape, or something), then let me know!

Also, I am looking for a Lugia EX or Wailord EX so if you have either of those then let me know.

Thanks.

So now you really want mint......for a deck? Right? Yeah right!

Then you state "can buy one on eBay for $40 or $50" Really? do it already then.......oh wait, lets look at this further as you mention it within this thread and harp on about buying bargains etc

The average price for a Chex sold this month on eBay is $95.47 - This is fact, granted one sold a little higher than the others and may.....may distort this number by $10..........your $40 to $50 chex will only ever come from a badly damaged card sale / a lucky dip rip sale or by somebody making a mistake or not knowing what they are selling or how to list properly.

Now lets get this way back on subject......

A week later you add this to your buy thread:

Hey Everyone!

Thanks to all of you who have PMed me!

I am also looking for some Time Space Distortion cards as well!

If you have any of these for a decent price then PM me and follow the outline I've provided above for the information I am looking for regarding the card!

Thanks so much!

So now you wish to add TSD's as these are good money cards too, did you really think you could insult the intelligence of the Gym and go unnoticed like some super sniper ninja card buyer in black on a mission to buy all the good money cards cheap and sell them on.........seriously dude you just got owned and some.

Lets look at your comments about a TSD and it's respective current market value (see, get me.....I got some big words like you too huh)

Well, I looked and I looked......then I looked some more......still looking.

So now lets add some facts in to your big ole cake of rubbish and see if we cant get into the bottom of this huh......

All of the TSD's that have sold this month average out at $16.28 and then you have a few bucks on top for shipping (none of them had free shipping, despite your claim)

Your attempt to devalue Chex and TSD failed so bad bad I actually typed in leet talk and had to correct the word 'Phailed'

I could copy you and say "Game Over" but it wasn't really a game or a challenge, more of a fly or a bug.......you know......those silly little things that annoy you until you squash it!

Regards

Mozz

Nose twitcher of the Gym

Last edited:
Okay okay.......enough, my nose has led me to this post........Let me tell you about my nose a little, not only is it perfect and makes me even more handsome, it has this nasty habit of smelling lies and people that like to try and turn things to their advantage by spouting complete and utter rubbish......at the moment my nose is twitching like a twitchy thing in a twitchy place.

Lets take this further Mr M.B.A. (congratulations on this btw, shame they run a concurrent course on common sense and the ability of how to check facts and figures before opening one's mouth).

So.....you have 6 posts here on the Gym and by the 6th post you are talking like this.......

I shall remain polite, but dude you might of well said "hey look at me, I think I am a great big hot shot and you are all thick as a plank of wood". Mostly you are talking to kids between the age of 8 and 20 here, I am pretty sure they have no idea what you are talking about!

Alas, I am about to prove that you also have no clue as to what you are talking about........

Your 1st post here is this:

Okay, I can let that slip.....actually I cant.......nobody would want a near mint Chex for a fire deck and then you go onto say you would also like a Wailord Ex and Lugia EX (just so happens they are the top 3 $$$ cards), then you want them in multiples.........dude if you want to buy here and re sell on eBay......just say so! There is no need to stay in the closet.....come out already!

Then you get offered this:

Card: 1x Charizard ex
Asking Price: $100
Condition: NM; faint scratches were identified
PayPal: Accepted. Existing balance/eCheck/bank transfer preferred.
Shipping Price: Free, if payment can be received without fees. $3.30 otherwise.

You reply with this:

So now you really want mint......for a deck? Right? Yeah right!

Then you state "can buy one on eBay for $40 or $50" Really? do it already then.......oh wait, lets look at this further as you mention it within this thread and harp on about buying bargains etc

The average price for a Chex sold this month on eBay is $95.47 - This is fact, granted one sold a little higher than the others and may.....may distort this number by $10..........your $40 to $50 chex will only ever come from a badly damaged card sale / a lucky dip rip sale or by somebody making a mistake or not knowing what they are selling or how to list properly.

Now lets get this way back on subject......

A week later you add this to your buy thread:

So now you wish to add TSD's as these are good money cards too, did you really think you could insult the intelligence of the Gym and go unnoticed like some super sniper ninja card buyer in black on a mission to buy all the good money cards cheap and sell them on.........seriously dude you just got owned and some.

Lets look at your comments about a TSD and it's respective current market value (see, get me.....I got some big words like you too huh)

Well, I looked and I looked......then I looked some more......still looking. So now lets add some facts in to your big ole cake of rubbish and see if we cant get into the bottom of this huh......

All of the TSD's that have sold this month average out at $16.28 and then you have a few bucks on top for shipping (none of them had free shipping, despite your claim.

Your attempt to devalue Chex and TSD failed so bad bad I actually typed in leet talk and had to correct the word 'Phailed'

I could copy you and say "Game Over" but it wasn't really a game or a challenge, more of a fly or a bug.......you know......those silly little things that annoy you until you squash it!

Regards

Mozz

Nose twitcher of the Gym

Wow.. I can understand some of the points you tried to make, but I don't think you should tell someone their deck is bad if you don't know what is in it and if you have never played against it. Who cares that they want to buy those cards? Just because they are expensive doesn't mean anything (Mr. PR Raichu). Should I be afraid to try and buy a Charizard EX here? (Though I will say $40 sounds insane) That 6th post is pretty crazy though...

I think mozz was trying to say that he was making up the fact they were all in a deck and that he wanted to sell them on ebay. Correct me if I am wrong.

but I don't think you should tell someone their deck is bad if you don't know what is in it and if you have never played against it

God...it's you again.....posting nearly as much rubbish as him.

I didnt say his deck was bad, I said nobody would deck a mint Chex - okay

My point is that he is trying to devalue cards on one thread and then buy them in another, please stop following everywhere I type and arguing for the sake of it......get a mirror or a plush and talk to that.

Thanks

Oh and.....

Just because they are expensive doesn't mean anything (Mr. PR Raichu)
Get your people right....I never purchased this card....though I may have sold it

Last edited:
God...it's you again.....posting nearly as much rubbish as him.

I didnt say his deck was bad, I said nobody would deck a mint Chex - okay

My point is that he is trying to devalue cards on one thread and then buy them in another, please stop following everywhere I type and arguing for the sake of it......get a mirror or a plush and talk to that.

Thanks

Oh and.....

Get your people right....I never purchased this card....though I may have sold it

I think I have argued with you twice in total, not every time you post. Why wouldn't someone deck that card? I take pride in knowing all the cards in my deck are in mint condition. And I do talk to a plush Chansey toy*.

I didn't mean to say that you purchased the card - I meant merely that it was expensive.

*"Hello Chansey, how are you today?"
"Fine, thanks. How was your day?"
"Oh, it was okay. Hopefully I can trade for some Munchlax + Snorlax stuff today!"
"Good luck!"

Etc.

Back