Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Tournament Management System User's Guide

DaytonGymLeader

Since City Championships are upcoming and there's lots of folks who are having problems with the software, the wife and I wrote up a guide as to how to use the software and avoide some of the hard knocks that we've taken.

Thanks to Team Compendium for hosting "The Guide" for the masses to use. As soon as it's on their site, we'll link to it in this thread.

We hope that this will help to bring some people over to running events with the software and help to alleviate other problems that some of you have been having.

DGL & DaytonPokémom

It`s awesome.Thanks again to Steve for all that hard work you put into it.As Steve said,as soon as we can get it up on the site,we`ll link here in this thread.

`Sensei

Last edited:
Hang loose everyone.It should be up on the Compendium site within the next week if that.I or one of the guys will post to let you know. :)

`Sensei

Sensei said:
Hang loose everyone.It should be up on the Compendium site within the next week if that.I or one of the guys will post to let you know. :)

`Sensei

That will be so nice to have. I have downloaded the Compendium on my Dell Pocket PC just to use as a reference.

Ok everyone,it`s up!Great job Juan for getting all the versions up and great job to Steve and Margaret!

Go Here and look for "TMS Guide".

`Sensei

Last edited:
mysterioustrainer said:
HTML version has images missing, Word version isn't working, and .pdf doesn't load very good.

Hmm..they all worked for me when I tried them before I posted.Is your Word,Adobe,etc. up to date?

Edit-Oops,forgot to check Word before...the images don`t work but then again I have Word97.../Edit

Last edited:
Images are missing in HTML for me, too...PDF seems to be working so far, but got a bunch of garbage in the Word version...

'mom

Last edited:
Same here, the Adobe works ok, but word is not working, HTML has images missing. BUT- thanks for getting it going guys, that's a lotta work. From those of us that will have to use the TMS, it means a lot.

I downloaded the word version. There was an initial problem of translating the file into something readable, and the images weren't working, but the actual text was pure gold! I don't think I could have fixed some of the problems we were having with the program if I hadn't read this guide first. My deepest thanks to you and your wife for all the excellent help you gave there. I hope your assistance doesn't go unnoticed by Nintendo, if not for your assistance, I would have paired the rounds by hand. A bit tedious and time consuming. Fortunately our City Championship started and ended on time due to your efforts.

Well, we've done some more putzing around with the app with the CCs and found some more snafus and workarounds for them. An update will be forthcoming soon.

FWIW version 1.07 no longer uses a comma as the seperator in the .TRN file

Ver 1.07 uses a vertical bar hex 07C (ALT+124 for those using microsoft)

you can import the 1.07 trn into excel and then convert text To Columns using vertical bar as the delimiter. Save and this will get you a csv file that can be uploaded.

Still falls over if you use names that have apostrophies in them like O'Rourke :(.

just want to see if it will produce result entry slips.

Last edited:
1.11 looks to be a "stable" release. Not as many problems with it, but there are some snafus and bugaboos that the public should know about. Look for a 1.11 guide soon. Also, we're working on the revisions to the 1.06 guide. There will be no guide for 1.07 due to serious pairing problems.

OK, the revisions for 1.06 are at the "printer" and should be posted soon. A side note about the 1.06 guide, this will be the last update for it. We've found pretty much all the problems and workarounds in the app and since 1.11 is 'mo betta', we're dropping the 1.06 guide. We're still working on 1.11 and hope to have that done soon.

NoPoke, the pipe (for all you *nix folks out there) on Windows Keyboards is the same character (usually sits above the enter key). Unfortunately, it still doesn't do results entry.

Did any other TOs find it odd that in the most recent email from POP that they cite specific items from the TMS Guide, but not actually refer people to use the TMS Guide?

Looks like they are quite happy (like most corporations) to make good use of people's hard work and talent, but a little shy on giving them the credit. Just my 2 cents. Hope I'm wrong.

Back