Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Trip To Worlds... Decks on planes?

Pokekid

So after the Terror Scare yesterday, Will they let us take our decks on the plane? I think we should be able to take deck but they wouldn't let water on the planes yeterday :eek:... only your passport in a clear-white baggie...But a week will pass and they may be a little more leniant to what you take on... Hopefully someone on the Pokegym can figuire it out by callling a local airport, I tried but they wouldn't say anything...I would like to take my deck on board just incase my suitcase would be lost during travel.

Discuss,

Depends largly on your airline and airport, but I strongly suspect, and hope that people won't be allowed to take it. TBH if there was a problem with hand luguage yesterday, why shouldn't there be next week?

Uh...what?
You're not allowed to take WATER on planes.
WATER.
Decks, last I checked, are made out of cardboard, paint, and in most cases, plastic. Not water.

well imm have my deck in hand and if thats not good enough, i will take each card out the sleve and let them inspect it

Burninating_Torchic said:
Uh...what?
You're not allowed to take WATER on planes.
WATER.
Decks, last I checked, are made out of cardboard, paint, and in most cases, plastic. Not water.

But how do the airport staff know that deck box contains cards? they would have to check out everyone, and then it would be considered 'unfair' by other passengers that they don't get to take in thier stuff. For the sake of time, fairness and simplicity its better to err on the side of caution - in this case it is genuinly better to be safe than sorry.

This really makes me worry about going on a plane. I don't feel safe with such procedures and with reports that luggage is getting lost more and more often makes me not want to check any luggage. I don't like the idea of losing my bags much less my Pokemon stuff. I feel like I would have to buy a metal container to transport the cards if I have to check them.

I think ill put my deck in a plastic baggie since its see through... i guess, oh and make it as Pokemon as you can, deckbox,sleeves, even wear a pokemon shirt if you have to convince em that you need this...

Advice from my airport

Hand baggage restrictions:
These measures will prevent passengers from carrying hand luggage into the cabin of an aircraft with the following excepts (which must be placed in a plastic bag):

pocket size wallets and pocket size purses plus contents (for example money, credit cards, identity cards etc (not handbags));
travel documents essential for the journey (for example passports and travel tickets);
prescription medicines and medical items sufficient and essential for the flight (e.g. diabetic kit), except in liquid form unless verified as authentic.
spectacles and sunglasses, without cases.
contact lens holders, without bottles of solution.
for those travelling with an infant: baby food, milk (the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger) and
sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight (nappies, wipes, creams and nappy disposal bags).female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight, if unboxed (eg tampons, pads, towels and wipes).
tissues (unboxed) and/or handkerchiefs
keys (but no electrical key fobs)
All passengers must be hand searched, and their footwear and all the items they are carrying must be x-ray screened. Any liquids discovered must be removed from the passenger.

Pushchairs and walking aids must be x-ray screened, and only airport-provided wheelchairs may pass through the screening point. In addition to the above, all passengers boarding flights to the USA and all the items they are carrying, including those acquired after the central screening point, must be subjected to secondary search at the boarding gate. Any liquids discovered must be removed from the passenger.

Therese nothing on there that suggests that deck boxes or electronic games would be allowed, and my advice would be to leave it in the luguage rather than risking it getting taking by airport security at the gate. I heard somewher that only 1 in 500 pieces of luguage get lost worldwide.

Yeah guys your not gonna take your deckbox with you. You cant demand inspection of it or put it in your pocket. The security is not nice. You will have to check it or dump it. LAX, Ohare, New York airports and all other international airports will not let you carry it on. It truly is a shame now that we can't bring carry on luggage anymore. Can't even bring a book along...

Oh, yeah don't say your deckbox is your medication....

Pick a good airline and your baggage won't get lost.

USA3000< American Airlines

They have a big bin beside security for those who think that they can ignore the current restrictions.

There are numerous stories of last minute trips to a postbox or panic purchases of cases so another item can go in the hold.

1 in 500 pieces of luggage... 1 airplane, 250 passengers, 2 bags per passenger. Thats an awfull lot of lost luggage. Hope its not mine that gets lost :(

Kempley05 said:
But how do the airport staff know that deck box contains cards? they would have to check out everyone, and then it would be considered 'unfair' by other passengers that they don't get to take in thier stuff. For the sake of time, fairness and simplicity its better to err on the side of caution - in this case it is genuinly better to be safe than sorry.

Here's a novel concept, they'll scan it with the fancy little X-Ray machine!
The only thing that was banned due to the "terrorist attack" was water. I imagine you can still check bags that contain whatever you want (within reason) as long as they go through the X-Ray machine as always.
Plus, IMO America has no reason to ban water or anything. I understand the UK doing it as that's where it took place (if I was paying attention to the new correctly...), but thats their problem. It's not like america banned batman costumes when batman tried to scale a tower in britain.

Then you say my deck was worth 300 dollars since it was lbs.

Gets reported on news then people will want to play pokemon again!

BT: Its liquids not just water. They are only allowing what kempley listed internationally. Every international airport has this. And because an airport gets 1 flight a week to mexico or canada it can be called international. The major airports in the US have this. Ohare has warnings on the subway to the airport about the liquid ruling.

I know! People who arrive on THURSDAY can let us know :D they can take on board a "crap deck" full of energies and see if they let it by... Any1 up for the risk?

My dad flew from O'Hare last night.

he was allowed to bring his ipod, phone, keys, laptop, etc. on board so a lot of this just seems to be hype IMO.

There's a BIG difference between flying domestically and internationally in what one is allowed to bring as carry-on....international flights have very strict rules right now about what is allowed in the cabin.

Good luck Ian and everyone else flying from overseas; see you next week hopefully!

'mom

I may be reading these reports wrong, but my reading of the increased regulations (for the USA-Domestic flights only) is that you cannot take liquids, gels or water on board. Otherwise, you can carry on your normal items. A deckbox shouldn't be a problem. It is the International flights that seem to be getting the greater scrutiny.

Can someone who is near SNA (Orange Co. Airport) In Cali check there to see if the domestic flights out are having great restrictions?? I was planning on carrying on my 2 big bags of Pokemon cards and decks for my son & I (just like last year). Any heads up from CA for the return trip would be appreciated.

Keith

Back