Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

UK Nationals 2006 Thread 10 June 2006

Freddy K.

10 Jun 2006 UK Nationals 2006

Venue Woburn Safari Park Woburn Park

This is the thread for all details on the event. Questions, directions etc.:thumb: Who's judging? I hear that Mr Banham may be called up to serve England on the day.

~fK

Team Edinburgh has three reps coming down to this event - myself, Allan R and Andrew R. Be afraid...as naturally, I'll be bringing down my flag and blocking the TV throughout the course of the day. =D

Team Scotland also has Chalkey, Paul C and possibly John F coming to invade in 15+.
In 11-14, we should be graced with the presence of Owen McG, Kyle J and Alistair F.
10-, the LEGEND that is Ross A, Caitlin F, and Emma C, slowly making a name for herself up here.
More players may be coming - this is just the number I can remember. :p

We're likely to be heading down as we did last year - 7 hour minibus/car combo. Awesome. In addition, the day before, I come back from a 3 day hill walk before I go on the long minibus ride. :smile: Might as well call us Team Insomniac.

When's this TPfG FAQ coming out - it's been a while...want to know about timings and the like.

Less than 6 weeks to go. Tick, tock. Time is running out.

~Cole

I'm digging my boots out of the garage now!! They should be good as Stanley Matthews recommends them!! :biggrin: Yes it looks like I will be judging at Nats so bottles of Jack Daniels and crispy fivers to my normal address please!!:wink:

TheGame said:
I'm digging my boots out of the garage now!! They should be good as Stanley Matthews recommends them!! :biggrin: Yes it looks like I will be judging at Nats so bottles of Jack Daniels and crispy fivers to my normal address please!!:wink:

BBC Sport said:
FA close to England appointment

The Football Association is determined to appoint England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson's successor by the end of the week, BBC Radio Five Live understands.
Luiz Felipe Scolari was the favourite for the role but, embarrassingly for the FA, pulled out of the race.

FA officials now want to stick to their original plan of appointing the next England manager before the World Cup.

Steve McClaren is the current favourite with Sam Allardyce, Alan Curbishley and Martin Banham also in contention.

Seriously though, Martins always been a great judge and I'm glad he'll be doing it:thumb:

Yes Martin should get the job. Martin Jol. He's the best manager around at the moment, and english or not, he already manages most of the good english players, so would be a fine choice.

Of course I'll have to make sure that judging at Nats wont interfere with my call up to replace Rooney!! :biggrin:

TheGame said:
Of course I'll have to make sure that judging at Nats wont interfere with my call up to replace Rooney!! :biggrin:

If the 2 do cross over its obvious what you would do, judging first, england second, wife and family a close third:tongue:

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Dom Jordan said:
Yes Martin should get the job. Martin Jol. He's the best manager around at the moment, and english or not, he already manages most of the good english players, so would be a fine choice.

Actually he wouldn't be that bad, but for me Big Sam is the obvious choice, that or Ian Holloway, just for this genuine quote;

Ian Holloway said:
To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, you've done what you set out to do. We didn't look our best today but we've pulled.

Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi.

She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let's have coffee

Last edited:
will there be side events at this? non-sanctioned? I'd like to try and make it there and hang out with the UK crew if there's something for me to do.

Here is how i see it:

Goal: I.Fotheringham

Defence: Left: I.Malek Chair
Middle: C.Mcgivern
Right: D.Jordon

Center:
A.Stone
B.Ward
J.Hawkins

Attack:
F.Khan
S.Sekkoum
B.Kelf
N.Doolub

Sub:
M.Arnold
I.Elliott
N.Edney
S.Kish
R.Murray

In stands OR toilet Assistant:
J.Kempley

Way outside of stands:
J.Neenan

Local Chav (who lives with the animals) and waterboy/girl:
C.Bendall

Last edited:
PokemonSteve said:
Here is how i see it:

Right: I.Elliott

Center:
A.Stone
B.Ward

Attack:
F.Khan
S.Sekkoum
B.Kelf

A team so good you only need 9 players:rolleyes:

PokemonSteve said:
Here is how i see it:

Right: D.Jordon

Center:
A.Stone
B.Ward
J.Hawkins

Attack:
F.Khan
S.Sekkoum
B.Kelf
N.Doolub

Sub:
Nope I am definitely a right back when the left winger gets hit by me they know it!

Mind you I'd need the jet bike to catch em' :tongue:

Back