Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Upcoming Professor store and points earned

pkmnmstr14

Well i haven't seen this discussed any were else so I thought it would be a good idea to start a discussion about it.
I was thinking about the items we will be able to get and how many points we will earn for running leagues, tournaments, etc...
So does anybody know anything about these things?
I saw whats on the site but it doesn't go to indepth on anything.
I personally would like to see some Prof. Jackets, Hats, Binders, Prof. only cards maybe?
let me know your ideas.

P.S. I didn't see a thread about this anywhere else but i may be mistaken. :)

Decipher has something called a Rewards Store for its Product Champions (their version of Pokemon Professors) and tournament top players (who earn online dollars). I contains clothings, jewelry, collectibles, etc. They even have things like IPod and PDAs. It's a means to reward top players who regularly win tournaments (with things other than boosters -- basically lets them pick their prizes with the online money they win), as well as a means to let Product Champions acquire Decipher product logo items.

I suppose something similiar, but maybe smaller, would be a nice thing for PUI to do for its Professors (and top players).

PS - I think, but I'm not sure, that Decipher Product Champions earn online dollars for running tournaments, working at Cons, etc.

Last edited:
Hey, works for me. Thing is, I think it was said they already have the products in mind and in development of what will be in the store. And like the site says, it probably won't be ready until the new year. Hopefully it'll have some cool stuff we can use. I also hope it won't mean we have to work for 3 years to get some pens and pencils, and 20 for a polo shirt or jacket. I realize these things will cost money to make, (and probably be worth much more on a certain site I know of, but in all honesty would never use) but a reasonable prize structure would be great.

It is going to be interesting to see what they come up with.

I know that I am eagerly anticipating - having run 2 leagues and 2 tourneys every week since the 8/31 open of the program (their date).

No - none of the stuff should go on ebay - there is a perfectly good trading forum here!

They are going to have to find a balance to reward the TO that runs 1 league and tourney a month - so that they feel they are getting something worthwhile, while making sure it is not too easy.

Thanks

M45

Some of the stuff I heard about sounds really interesting.
I just hope it doesn't drive people to get in the Prof Program just to get this stuff and not help out the game.

Oh, yeah POP, how many points are you and the rest of TC getting for keeping this site going, rules updates and the like?

If that is not FURTHERING the game for all OP people, I do not know what is.

I have a hard time figuring out how giving players bonuses for RUNNING LEAGUES and RUNNING SANCTIONED TOURNEYS will hurt the game. If we get a lot of people starting leagues and tourneys, no matter the reason, it will be nothing but good for the game!

Talk to you soon.

M45

Before ever making a rewards program, the whole International OP program should be running equal.
As long that's not a fact, some people will be even running away from this game.

The store sounds interesting and im in the decipher systems so i know about thier rewards program. I remember how wizards trid that and how it fell apaprt so i hope nintendo does better with it. :)

Well, I think one thing they might do is give us cards. We don't get as much chance to earn cards when we judge (although payment is useually in the latest set) but we don't get much chance to get the Promo Packs, so there is a good place to start. With how hard it is to get the rare ones ( I just need the three starters and the Tyranitar and have an extra Rayquaza, it anyone is interested) a nice prize for earning x amount of points could be something like a complete set of the promos.

Pins, Jackets and hats work too. And various styles of Snorlax plushes.

You can never have too many snorlax plushes and other snorlax related accessories ;-)

Rainbowgym said:
Before ever making a rewards program, the whole International OP program should be running equal.
As long that's not a fact, some people will be even running away from this game.
At least some of us see the posts and read them rather than seeing only the goodie pile.

You make a very good point about a programme that may well reward only those that are allowed to participate by their OP provider/distributor.

Outside the US we are seeing local politics effecting the game and even allowing OP providers and Distributors to ignore the rules as laid down by PUI. And there seems to be no sanction by PUI against distributors and OP providers who break their (PUIs) rules.

Let us hope PUI address the foundations of the game world wide and that players all over can see the problems for the bribes!

Ah Ben, Ben, Ben. Some of us see and read the posts AND see the goodie pile. It would be nice to see OP working everywhere at least as well as it is here, but I'm resolved to the fact that such isn't the case and may never be, so I just help out when I can. Many people feel the same way, there are quite a few here on the gym who feel that way. That doesn't mean they wouldn't be thankful for an added incentive, or an appreciative item sent their way. Hopefully this program won't be restricted to any one area, but even if it was solely for US participation, I wouldn't begrudge anyone the fruits of their labor. I know you personally wouldn't either, Ben, or you either, Lia. Let's be glad that PUI (or whoever is behind this) is thinking on making more of these things available to give some impetus to the game with those who do a lot of the front line work.

Ah Ben, Ben, Ben. Some of us see and read the posts AND see the goodie pile. It would be nice to see OP working everywhere at least as well as it is here, but I'm resolved to the fact that such isn't the case and may never be, so I just help out when I can. Many people feel the same way, there are quite a few here on the gym who feel that way. That doesn't mean they wouldn't be thankful for an added incentive, or an appreciative item sent their way. Hopefully this program won't be restricted to any one area, but even if it was solely for US participation, I wouldn't begrudge anyone the fruits of their labor. I know you personally wouldn't either, Ben, or you either, Lia. Let's be glad that PUI (or whoever is behind this) is thinking on making more of these things available to give some impetus to the game with those who do a lot of the front line work.
I think you hit the nail on the head I would like to see everybody getting the same treatment but I dont think it will happen, at least not any time soon.

The most we can hope is that OP will spread its horizons soon.
And I at least hope that being Prof.s we ALL see the posts AND see the goodie pile.
And hopefully we can try to do something about the int. Distributers and Providers not following the rules set down by PUI/POP/and whoever else is behind getting the Tournament/League materials to the TOs and League Leaders.

My point is not that there are inequalities or better put differences in the system it is that some are or maybe denied access at all!

Inequality is just a fact of POP but no access at all is harsh indeed..

Ice'Cold said:
I'd like to see some new jackets and some info on the new master professor stuff.

Not sure I read about that. Master professors don't exist as far as I know. Can you clarify that?

They have talked about starting up the master professor program again. It will happen eventually, but the professor program itself has just only recently restarted.

They have talked about starting up the master professor program again. It will happen eventually, but the professor program itself has just only recently restarted.
Where are you getting the info on a possible MP programme from? Just interested if we can all join the discussion?

Chaw, it looks like a Master Professor program is going to be set up, and RIGHT this time!

I am sure they will release information when it becomes official, none of this...5 events and you are a MP stuff - should be higher standards, and fewer Master Professors - none of this WOTC - YEAH, everyone is a MP stuff!

Here's to hoping the status means something.

M45

Giday

Master Profs ... Excellent idea.

My system would be 10 events as Judge (at least 5 as TO or HJ) & a 90% pass rate in the exam (23/25 or more). Minimum !! 3 month stand down before you can try the exam again (events judged still count).

Retesting approx every 6 months would also be my requirement (November & June) and a 2 month stand down before falling back to Professor status if they fail again. June being the main time, as that would be in the middle of the major tournament season when we should be building to our peak.

Limited number of MP's would also mean my rewards would work better ... namely ... ALL MP's are offered the chance to be used as 1st choice Judges at Worlds ... including Trips. Multi language speaking MP's would be the priority, then all other MP's (i speak 2 ... English & Foul ;))

I would have something like being a judge at 1 Major event (Stadium, State, Nationals, Worlds or a tournament with more than 100 players total), but that would only apply in the USA, as Intl have limited access to that size event.

Obviously this would create a demand on people wanting to achieve this status, but how many would actually achieve it ?? Be honest ... would you pass ??

With that said ... currently being a MP, i'd probably fail the exam. However, i think it could work.

Last edited:
Back