Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Va Tech Shooting

Incase you haven't heard yet, there was a massacre at a prestigious university here in virginia, Va Tech. As of now, there are atleast 21 people dead(with reports approximating up to 34) and upwards of 20+ wounded. Please keep those affected by this tragedy in your thoughts and prayers.

In before people start blaming all the wrong people/things.

Somehow, though, even though it's a greater tragedy I don't see "VA Tech" surpassing "Columbine" as being synonymous with school shootings. Contextual issue, I suppose.

I am watching it right now the number is 31.
This is the worst College Shooting in History.

Sad it is. People can't get over loosing a girlfriend or being made fun of in school. Also this should open eyes of bullies who bully those who end up doing these type of things. From what I understand the Columbine shooters were outcasts who no one liked.

33 including the gunman. He also injured over 25 others. The question I have is, how did he last 2 hours? Also why did they continue class if it doesn't start until 8 and the shooting was at 7:15?

I'm hearing ~36 here..

But that's on local news, so you never know how reliable it is. I'm hearing more like 33 on most other places.

Sad it is. People can't get over loosing a girlfriend or being made fun of in school. Also this should open eyes of bullies who bully those who end up doing these type of things. From what I understand the Columbine shooters were outcasts who no one liked.

I dunno, I mean in the wake of Columbine, we didn't get any kind of proper reaction to those shooters, either. Everyone was too busy looking for scapegoats: "Look at this Rammstein influence! Look, Doom trained him as a killer!" and that kind of thing.

I'm going to wait on more information from this shooting before I make any decisive comments, but I will mention that we aren't likely to get the full story from anyone, nor is anyone likely to assign blame where it's due: on the shooter, and no one else.

In before people start blaming all the wrong people/things.

Somehow, though, even though it's a greater tragedy I don't see "VA Tech" surpassing "Columbine" as being synonymous with school shootings. Contextual issue, I suppose.

Dood...this is the WORST shooting masacre in our fine nation's HISTORY! What's so hard to understand?

Fine Nation? The US is becoming one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

And why is my post deleted?

It is the school to blame. You have a guy with a gun in a dorm and then you lock down just that dorm. So they run out and hide in another 'till classes start and then start more shooting. They were pretty brilliant I might say.

more idiots taking out more idiots
will it never end
my prayers and thoughts to the victims and their families

apparently after the first shooting an E-mail notifying people of the shooting. However it came 2 hours later and only 20 min. before the second shooting so students are angry that they had no time to be on the look out and possibly prevent the second shooting.

Dood...this is the WORST shooting masacre in our fine nation's HISTORY! What's so hard to understand?

Nothing. I understand quite a lot, which is why I'm bracing myself for shortsighted overreactions that include but aren't limited to indiscriminate finger-pointing and the total inability to assign blame where blame is due: at the shooter, and not at anything that may have "influenced" him.

Fine Nation? The US is becoming one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

The problem is, America is all about the blame game. It's everyone's fault but the people actually at fault, which is why tragedies like this continue to occur. Easiest to point fingers and attack random scapegoats than try and fix these problems, after all.

Back