Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Venuswamp (MF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Lizard

OK. They say it cannot be done. An unwritten law of the game states that dual stage 2 decks are doomed to fail.

But, wait. The new MF is all about energy abuse... energy advantage.

So, I started wondering what the maximum number of energy attachments in one turn could ever realistically be. Immediately, Venusaur and Marshtomp stand out as natural partners, both in theme and in type. In all, with 4 Marshtomp and a Venusaur out, you could theoretically attach 6 energy in the same turn. It'll never happen, but it would be fun to try!

Venuswamp

Pokémon (21)
4 Mudkip (Bubble)
2 Marshtomp (Bubble)
4 Swampert (Holo)
3 Bulbasaur (EX, 50 HP)
1 Ivysaur
2 Venusaur
3 Skitty
2 Delcatty

Trainers (19)
4 Rare Candy
4 Dual Ball
4 Elm's Training Method
4 Juggler
3 TV

Energy (20)
13 Water
7 Grass

Meh... Metal would kill this deck. It's more of a conceptual exercise than anything else, I suppose...

Hey, trust me, concept is often MUCH more important than viability currently. We have time to develop, and often the best ideas come out of incomplete theories that often find the missing parts later on ( note my gengar deck :p )

The more concepts you can throw on the table, the more versitility that may pop up. And truly, what is good that is Metal now anyways? Neither Scizor nor Steelix is a very dominant type, you could get away with it.

While on theory, I will improve a bit. First, add Fisherman. NEXT, add Poke-Nurse. YOUR FRIGGIN ATTACHING INFINITE PLAY FRIGGIN POKE FRIGGIN NURSE FOR FRIGS SAKE!!!! OOPS! 100 HP Poke wiped clean, attach it all again, GG. Jeeze... :p Sorry, had to spaz. Lol.

Good call, T-tar! 1st revision:

Pokémon (22)
4 Mudkip (Bubble)
2 Marshtomp (Bubble)
4 Swampert (Holo)
3 Bulbasaur (EX, 50 HP)
1 Ivysaur
2 Venusaur
3 Skitty
3 Delcatty (2 Holo, 1 non)

Trainers (20)
4 Rare Candy
3 Dual Ball
3 Elm's Training Method
4 Juggler
2 Nurse
2 Fisherman
2 TV

Energy (18)
12 Water
6 Grass

Nonholo Delcatty is just sick with enough energy...

Last edited:
OK... now that I've had time to test this, I have several observations:
  • If you can get past the first few turns, it can be a beast.
  • The damage from the deck's attacks is low (40 or 50), which allows the opponent recovery.
  • High Hp helps the deck, but merely buys time.
  • Therefore, a faster deck with a big hitter should dominate this (hasn't, but should).

I don't like Nurse much, so I would go with Moo-Moo Milk/ Potion. Try Wally's Training to get the evos from your deck.

If you plan on attaching lots of energy...why not SS Azumarril? Attaching a possible 6 a turn would just be devilish, with a 30x attack for each energy attached to it. Small healing here and there, and you have a monster. The 'Catty line would have to go though, which isn't good...

*Cough Cough E-Buzz Cough Cough*
No, its actually quite formitable. Liek you said... IF it can last the first few turns. Metal does hurt... Like Danny with that stupid Aggron said... "I won with 1 Metal Energy! HAhahaHA" But this works quite well. It definatly defies my motto of 2 evos, 1 stage 2 per deck. Its nice. Thats all I've gotta say. Thanks for that game, anyways! And like you said, add 2 Shaman... somehow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back